Reviews for Mythic Healing
tsilver9 chapter 1 . 7/8/2017
That was pretty intense. I like the idea of a malignant curse that has to be confronted instead of worked away with a simple incantation. I wonder how the poor bastard got himself cursed by something so badly. I sure hope he didnt volunteer or something for this examination .

The opening really hooked me. Nice descriptive skills as well..
SimonClemens chapter 1 . 7/7/2017
The summary got my passing curiosity, but between the opening action and the end, you now have my attention.
AngryFerrets chapter 7 . 7/3/2017
I really like Esti. In an age that is seeing more and more frontline female characters she is quite exceptional. Although lacking physical strength she makes up for it in strength of character. Brave, but not without fear. A gifted healer, but not without doubts. Her character make up is excellent. Seeing her take charge is fantastic!

I'm also quite taken with Samuel. It seemed like he was a bit character but he becomes more prominent with each chapter. Not sure how long he'll stick around but he's quite likeable!

I'm really enjoying the Fantasy/mystery...it's a different spin from mainstream fantasy and is a terrific read!
alltheeagles chapter 7 . 7/2/2017
A much calmer chapter compared to the chaos of the previous one, but you can still feel the tension simmering beneath. I think it's a good treatment, leaving out the dramatics and just having Esti get to work. She can have her doubting and tears (ahem, perhaps in somebody's arms) later but for now she's taken charge, novice or not. Attagirl, Esti!
I guess my question on how they got in is kind of answered with the invisible strangler clue, but it still leaves that little loose end of how they evaded the wards.
She Who Loves Pineapples II chapter 7 . 7/2/2017
Hmm, interesting...
BradytheJust chapter 7 . 7/2/2017
Esti taking care of Keegan reminds me of an alternate universe where she was the teacher and he the healer ;) Funny right?

You did a good job describing the aftermath of the fight, and Samuel is rapidly becoming my favorite character. He's so loyal and sweet and tough... I hope we get more scenes and fight scenes with him in the future!

Keep it up! :D I'm really loving your writing!
AngryFerrets chapter 6 . 6/28/2017
Things are certainly moving fast now! That was a great chapter. Good job n the fight scene, it was well choreographed and gave us the information we needed without a bunch of gory fluff. Not that I mind a bit of blood in my battles but for a story coming from a healers perspective it wouldn't have fit, so kudos!

You've also hooked me firmly on the plot now. What is this curse? Who are these people? Why do they want Esti dead. There is a lot I want to know, so of course I'll keep reading!
AngryFerrets chapter 5 . 6/26/2017
Well, just as I was about to wrap up and move on...bam...the last few sentences!

Although not a lot 'happened' there was a nice bit of information and world building scattered throughout. The nightly routine, the apology gesture, the guild payment system, all are little things but bring the world alive. It immerses us, the readers, into a new and different culture and makes us feel like we belong in this place.

Of course, learning the man escaped brought a bit of tension and Keagan's lack of discoveries added to the plot. Overall it was a great chapter. It even felt more polished, I only noticed one small typo near the beginning. Great stuff!
AngryFerrets chapter 4 . 6/26/2017
Very happy to finally have some reading time and jump back into this.

I still think a fantasy story with a healer as the MC is amazing. Very rare and you do a tremendous job of bringing her personality and her passion for helping others to life. There are a few typos scattered through but nothing that can't be fixed given a solid edit. The main thing is they didn't detract from the main story at all. The plot, the unanswered questions, they all overpower any small typos.

I'm very curious to know what this guys story is and am intrigued by this new curse. It's only four chapters but you've already given your characters such vivid and lively personalities. It's a joy to read!
alltheeagles chapter 6 . 6/22/2017
Tight and exciting, a whirl of action that gave me no chance to catch my breath. It was like a bracing spray of rain in the face! The only bit that kind of led me astray was the water (I thought it was for a spell or something but it turned out to be just for cleaning wounds?) Oh well they don't exactly have indoor plumbing, haha, what more running water. Nitpicky question: how did those men get into the premises even as Rose was strengthening the wards, and wouldn't she have realised that the wards had been breached as she was strengthening them?
Barbados chapter 2 . 6/20/2017
Honestly, I don't remember all of the details of Rabindra, but I remember enough to know this feels like a very distinct departure in tone.

I enjoyed the dialogue with Jasper. Well, I enjoyed all of the dialogue, actually. Also, almost every line added elements of world building, so without even realizing it we're getting a sense of how things work. One example is Samuel's mention of dark skin not being up to his breeding standards. Another is the mention of debt owed, and working it off in the guild as a trainer, etc. It's all very subtle, and well done.

Be back for more later - truly nothing bad to say about this. :)
She Who Loves Pineapples II chapter 6 . 6/20/2017
I'm really glad to see this updated!

I'm not usually a fan of battle scenes but I feel like this one was a lot easier to engage with than many, probably because it stuck to Esti's point of view as she played her own role rather than just trying to show everything at once - we can see as Esti would what probably happened off-page but that's not the main focus. It's a good way to handle it IMO.

Overall another great chapter - lively characters, engaging dialogue, writing that really brings out the tension Esti is feeling. Looking forward to more!
Barbados chapter 1 . 4/17/2017
Hiya.

Sorry for the delay in getting by, it's been a rough few months. This feels like a completely different story, yet still an excellent one! Well I guess it almost is completely different, or at least a different point of view, in a way.

I really loved the line, "There was work to be done." It just says so much about Esti's attitude. While the description was quite vivid, I had a hard time picturing it in action, so-to-speak. Like, is this in their mind's eye? Or if someone walked in, would they see these colorful forms of energy at war? Bit of both, maybe?

I love Keagan's reaction when Esti says she will crush it. And she did, too, and he seems genuinely impressed that she did something that hasn't been done before.

Always love your writing, and thrilled to be back to reading it. :)
alltheeagles chapter 5 . 3/7/2017
Oooh, a cliffhanger ending! Not complaining, it's a standard way to keep readers hanging on for more and you did build up the tension nicely (complete with a deceptive lull) before the punchline, so to speak. Solid pacing there. On the other hand, the chapter was a touch too talky for me, but to be fair, you did clearly show the reasoning of the characters through their speech, and advance the plot in so doing. So anyway... I'll be watching out for the next chapter. :)

Suggestion: valuable ENOUGH to pay off
She Who Loves Pineapples II chapter 5 . 2/23/2017
[break and cheese]

Typo for bread?

This was another excellent chapter. You did a good job capturing the tense atmosphere. Can't wait to find out who the man is!
56 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »