Reviews for Mythic Healing
Myriem chapter 2 . 11/14/2016
Wow Samuel turned out to be such a sleaze, after all the trouble they went to save him! Why do I envision him as looking like Donald Trump.
I'm glad we got to meet the characters a bit more this chapter! - I particularly like how unique Esti is; hardworking, stubborn, but also smart, and not afraid to use her intelligence to get what she wants. I'm a sucker for smart female MCs, since they're quite a rarity in fiction these days. Either they're doormats or pushy muscleheads that go slapping people for no reason. Loving your characters already, please update! c:
Myriem chapter 1 . 11/14/2016
Oh wow I'm so amazed by how much detail and description you can put into this scene! i can visualise everything so clearly and tbh it makes me go: 'damn. I wish I could write something this vivid'. I'm really interested in how magic works in this world as well. It seems very unique, almost as if there's another dimension that it's operating in: who knew healing was such heavy duty stuff! c: I like how action packed and exciting this first chapter was, and I look forward to getting to know all the characters more from here on -
alltheeagles chapter 2 . 11/14/2016
I enjoyed the dialogue very much. Jasper's speech was distinctly different from the others, but it didn't feel contrived, and there were enough speech markers and intervening action to flavor the exchanges nicely and prevented the scenes from becoming too 'talky'.

There's a Mage mentioned in the summary but I'm not sure yet who it is, but logically it'd be Rose, right? She hasn't shown her true abilities yet, but the talk about burns is an important clue. I wonder what difference it'd make if there was no clue and she just manifested her powers suddenly as a surprise to the reader? Plot-wise, you're quite direct about putting the trio together on their mission, but everything fits together well so far.
Jake Castaway chapter 1 . 11/13/2016
Wow, that was descriptive. I love it. :3
alltheeagles chapter 1 . 11/11/2016
I think you did a great job hinting at Esti's powers without actually explaining them. The description of the power wasn't OTT fanciful but at the same time it was easy to imagine, and I'm glad you didn't throw in a long 'factual' explanation of their origins and nature, cause that usually turns out really boring for the reader...
WolfGoesBaa chapter 1 . 11/8/2016
I never thought healing could be such an action packed activity. I've always thought of it as more of a "put your hands on me and heal me with but a thought" kind of thing. And switching from the 'soul environment' to the 'real world' was interestingly handled. Although it did confuse me at times.

I think you handled the action packed introduction well. It was different from seeing the typical main character beating swaths upon swaths of enemies without much effort. Which makes it more difficult for me to get into the character.

I like it.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/8/2016
Nice rework. The prose is tighter, and refocusing on the action is more captivating . Is there a hint of theme in the narrator's reluctance to pull back. Looking forward to chapter 2!
BradytheJust chapter 2 . 11/7/2016
Wow!
Once again your word choice is perfect, and I felt everything Esti did. From the chaos of the streets to the anger at Jasper (Although you have taught me never to pickpocket a nurse)

This chapter is perfect because now we get to take this journey with Esti and come along for the ride! I can't wait my friend! :D

Keep it up!
BradytheJust chapter 1 . 11/7/2016
Oh my goodness!
Alright, first of all, a big tip of the hat to you. I've read this scene about three times now, and you have proved the theory that the third time is the charm.

Having Esti be the apprentice, and us seeing and feeling the tension of destroying the curse ourselves as she is, just made the story better. It also makes it more interesting to see everything from her inexperienced eyes.

This might be the best version yet, so please stick with it and you shall go far! :D
Gorilla0132 chapter 1 . 11/7/2016
A very gripping chapter that shows us a side of magic which isn't often seen in Fantasy stories. I like the idea of delving inside people to battle curses and the like. The chapter is more than solid!
But like the reviewer below me, i do believe this chapter shouldn't be one to start the whole story with. As he mentioned, we don't know any of the characters, and we are just thrown right in to this intense encounter. It's fine to start a story with action, hell they are how you grip readers, but I would suggest starting with a different chapter: I've that starts with some action but also allows the reader to get to know some of the core characters, conflicts, etc. I would save this chapter for like Chapter 2 or 3 if needed, as it is so very good, it's just not a "let's start this story so be readers will feel gripped and attached to these characters" chapter.
Hope that helps! Thank you for your review!
TheNonyMouse chapter 1 . 11/7/2016
I'm not sure how I feel about starting in the middle of an action scene here. While I know there are people who think it helps grip the reader and draw them in, and that advice can be true on sites like fictionpress or in fanfiction where there's an overabundance of free and easily accessible stories, I'm not a big fan of it. If a fight scene is the first thing I see, I haven't yet developed an attachment to any of the characters, and therefore I don't know who I should actually be rooting for and why I should care if they win or lose. I'd suggest trying to show a bit more characterization in your first few lines - show me who is fighting and why I should care, not just that some characters I don't know are beating each other up.

I think this whole chapter almost would work better later on. I don't really get much of a feel from this who the characters are, what they do, or what the plot is going to be about. That said, it would work great after a little more introduction! You have some good action and good descriptive writing that does give me a feel for the magic of this story and the immediate setting of this chapter, at least. With a little more detail about the characters and the world as a whole, I'd be much more gripped by that action at the beginning. I'm sure I'll back to read the next chapter once I have some more time!
56 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4