Reviews for Before it Began
Will9035 chapter 1 . 11/15/2016
As much as I hate to say it, I once again found my head spinning, even after re-reading and re-re-reading parts of this. This could just be my unfamiliarity with reading sci-fi coming back to bite me, but I feel like too many characters, concepts, and events were introduced or discussed without a lot of explanation. If I didn't read your previous works, I could easily imagine myself looking at this and saying, "Who is Arianna? She's travelled through time? From when, to when? What is a Seminary Gang, and why is some guy named Kyle Porter trying to revive it? Who is Hakim?" I just feel like a new reader who came into this story without reading anything else you've posted here would be overwhelmed after just this one chapter, or, at the very least, would have a difficult time getting invested.

That said, I'm curious as to where this will go. I figured you'd be jumping right into the business with Kyle leading the Seminary Gang 2.0 into action against Hakim, but evidently there's still more we should know before that. You weren't lying when you said this "small" idea you had for a project turned into something much bigger.