Reviews for Blood Star
Mikealfaxray chapter 55 . 5/21/2017
Absolutely loved your story. It was original, had a lot of depth, and was well paced.
There were times in the middle where I wanted to give up on it, but I'm glad I stuck with it, even if it took me longer than usual to finish. The writing was at times wasn't good, but I enjoyed seeing how your writing definitely improved as the story progressed. I especially liked that you would resolve problems and mysteries quickly, instead of dragging things out too long.
But holy shit, Oliver's true identity threw me for a loop. I was for sure thinking he was the cliché warewolf to every vampire story, and I'm glad it wasn't.
I'll definitely read the sequel, although maybe once it's published to completion.
1lop1234 chapter 1 . 5/15/2017
Nice work
Mikealfaxray chapter 27 . 5/9/2017
Woo, things have gotten more interesting! Hmm, I'm gonna guess that he recognized him because he was the one to turn xander.
Mikealfaxray chapter 14 . 5/5/2017
I’m really liking this story so far! Interesting plot and characters.

I do think your writing is a bit verbose, sometimes to the point of being annoying. There are some sentences that could have been omitted without harming the story line, things that don’t need to be described in detail, and things that are explained repeatedly when they do not need to be. Ill give you examples from this chapter and the last.
First off, I don’t think there's a big need to describe their clothing. Especially not in detail. You could still describe that they were dressed well, impeccable, sharp giving a list of apparel that they are wearing. Except when necessary, like describing Tyrus in Ch 12. He had a need for a basic description since he was going to meet Xander later in the chapter, but no need for the shirt color, or what type of pants; leather jacket, and his build sufficed.
Second, I will quote some of your story; “He was weak and he knew it; he hadn’t fed in a few days and had gone out tonight for that very reason...” We know Xander went out feeding. We know that he hadn’t fed in a few days, as it was mentioned earlier, thus that second phrase is completely unnecessary. But then a few paragraphs down, you repeat it. “...Xander couldn’t help but feel a little lightheaded, likely from the lack of feeding recently and the loss of blood due to his injuries.” The sentence can definitely do without the excess explanation. For example, you could simply say “Xander couldn’t help feeling lightheaded, the blood loss worsening his already weakened state.”

I really hope you don’t mind the constructive criticism. I will continue to read the novel, since I do find it genuinely interesting.
Medalin Junior chapter 30 . 1/17/2017
I can't get over how much i like your writing style. Its detailed to the right extent and you set a nice pace to logically explain emotions and actions of the characters. I think that's what makes the story more realistic while the creatures in it are far from being real. I'd love to see this get officially published someday cx its that kind of quality work. So thank you for the great read and i'm looking forward for more updates :)
Medalin Junior chapter 19 . 12/23/2016
Can't have enough of this 3 I'm gonna assume the second Nosferatu is Sylvia. That definitely complicates things. And since there is the possibility that both Xander and Lucian may still harboring feelings for each other, I'm really interested to know how it will all play out. Also, i'm kind of glad you got rid of Archibald, his whining was getting on my nerves.
Carmenlo chapter 14 . 12/13/2016
So exciting !

For once, I feel that the multiple characters benefits the story. After longing for Xander to meet/clash with a Nosferatu I'm not disappointed.

Thank you for the regular release. In less than a month we have gotten to read 49,517 words.
Medalin Junior chapter 1 . 12/5/2016
Will review longer when I have time. But I'm so glad you uploaded this, this was my only source of enjoyment for several days until I was out of chapters to read :))
Guest chapter 1 . 11/19/2016
You glorious bastard, I hate you and I love you so much. Thank you for reuploading. This has got to be my favorite story on teh interwebs, and I am truly grateful that you, my extremely talented friend, have decided to bless the net with your work. God bless you!