Reviews for Joris en de Draken
Temple Cloud chapter 1 . 4/19
Interesting - I wonder whether you were thinking of the chapters in 'The Pilgrim's Regress' by C. S. Lewis where the two heroes (representing different aspects of the human soul) have to go off in opposite directions, to fight dragons representing different vices? This section includes one of my favourite dragon poems, the song of an old dragon lamenting how guarding his hoard takes all his time, so that he never has time to sleep or even to go for a drink of water:

'Often I wish I had not eaten my wife
(Though worm grows not to dragon till he eats worm).
She could have helped me, watch and watch about,
Guarding the gold; the gold would have been safer.'
The Keyboard Poet chapter 1 . 12/28/2018
Fire and water, I choose fire
The-Lost-Cat-Of-Forgotten-Gods chapter 1 . 5/6/2018
I'm not good at reviewing poems, so my effort would probably be spend better elsewhere, but your title drew my attention - were you trying to write it in Dutch? In that case, "Draaken" should be Draken (if you meant plural), or "Draak" if you meant single. Now why would you chose that language?

~Lost Cat
WolfLoverMortis chapter 1 . 9/2/2017
I think it is good. It feels very traditional.
BradytheJust chapter 1 . 12/7/2016
Ahhhhh!

Alright, Zukafu, I have gone to battle against many dragons in my life, to many battle speeches, but this poem would have me drawing my sword in an instant!

This poem is wonderful and your word choice is perfect! I feel more connected to the medieval period and inspired to go to fight in your name! Great job and keep it up! :D

Now... which way to the cave?