Reviews for Bird of a Wing
Guest chapter 53 . 6/21
I have loved other chapters, but I think this was the most powerful and moving. I've always enjoyed Eyeri, but mostly the fluffy side, the fact that he is cute and shy and needs cuddles and care. This really hit home the trauma he has endured, and I wish on his behalf that he'd succeeded in some way because his failure makes my heart heavy. Even though I don't believe the Knairi are as bad as Eyeri believes they are, I still feel that his perspective is just and that he's not wrong in the way he reads their actions. They're not evil people, but yes, he is a commodity in many ways to them. They're treating him as an accessory to Ry, perhaps even a way to get Ry to warm back up to them. If Ry didn't have a bond with him, they wouldn't care about him. I don't mean that they would be horrible to him, he just wouldn't be on their radar. And they barely know him, so its impossible for them to just like him for him.
The imagery around the slavery flashbacks was so real and frightening and hammered home Eyeri's fear of being branded and confined.
I'm glad Fl'ex was the one who saved him, that's so much less embarrassing for both of them.
Anon chapter 52 . 6/19
I am interested to learn more about how the Kyeri view slavery, vs protectionism. I love stories that explore the boundaries of consent and freedom, and look forward to your take on it. Eyeri is such a perfect character to bring out that dynamic.

Grandchild of Mafith? Tell us more!
Guest chapter 52 . 6/17
Oh I loved this. I love what Eyeri did. I could tell there was steely determination in him. I know this may have been foolhardy and dangerous on his part, but I'm with him all the way. It took a lot to choose to part ways with Ryraso. Unselfishly Eyeri made sure that Ryraso was able to keep healing others. He could have begged Ryraso not to leave him, but he understood what was at stake. And now, to have the courage to set out on his own.. I understand that everyone's going to be mad at him, and he could get hurt, but at the end of the day, he was pretty much abducted by these people, and he is saving himself. Fl'ex seems really cool, and I hope Eyeri's not done him any real damage, but I just loved that moment Eyeri took control of his own life, after being constantly babied by everyone. Loved it!
Guest chapter 52 . 6/17
Loving this stronger Eyeri.
13 o k u chapter 52 . 6/17
Holy cow this is so different now! I'm loving it!

Your writing has matured a lot, I'm living for this new plot. Hope to see an update soon!
Guest chapter 51 . 6/17
Love this new scene. Looking forward to the next chapter!
Guest chapter 51 . 6/16
That's going to make it hard for Ry, as a doctor he might feel a compulsion to help! Can't wait to see what happens next.
Guest chapter 50 . 6/15
I love this updated version, and look forward to seeing things more fleshed out. The original glossed over too much, and felt rushed. I enjoy the pacing of this. I'm anxious to get to the part where we learn about how the triad formed, and how Ry takes to being courted. Looking forward to it, and thank you for the frequent updates!
Guest chapter 50 . 6/14
Wow, Eyeri oviously isn't keen on the storm, but wasn't he actually scared before? Was he acting even then to try to get the Knairi to lower their guard? I have to say, I am willing them on in their escape. Which is hard because I love reading about all the other characters, and I love the dynamics they all have.
Guest chapter 49 . 6/14
Oh wow Eyeri! I did not see that coming at all! He is smarter than he looks haha. I'm glad Ry had already determined to help him and already said his goodbye to Awendo in a lot of respects.. makes it less awkward and painful. I wonder if and when they'll be caught.
13 o k u chapter 49 . 6/12
Woaaaahhh this is new! This was definitely not in the first iteration, how exciting :D

Looking forward to where you take this!
Guest chapter 48 . 6/11
Awendo and Eyeri are getting pretty close now if Awendo is annoying Eyeri. He's pretty thoughtless in a childlike way, which is quite endearing. Still think Ry's really changing his way of thinking about things!
Guest chapter 47 . 6/10
I think Ry came a long way emotionally here. Those confessions were no mean feat for him. He is softening fast, and I wonder if his desire for Eyeri to be free will continue.
Guest chapter 46 . 6/4
Wasn't expecting this flashback - right back where it all started! I admire the way you can jump around in the timeline but still keep the plot clear for the reader!
Guest chapter 45 . 5/29
Another interesting bit of backstory and good insight into where Ry's head is. I love the rich layers of this fic!
79 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »