Reviews for Bird of a Wing
Guest chapter 41 . 4/6
Why
Guest chapter 41 . 3/24
So many mixed feelings! Eyeri is not just precious, but he is human, and I'm glad that he had a human reaction. Ry is a little 'tainted' by the Knairi way of thinking and he doesn't entirely see Eyeri's perspective. Eyeri has been kidnapped and now they're planning to brand him, and no amount of fancy words changes the utter lack of consent in this. So Eyeri is right, and the rest of them are wrong. But it was also emotional to see Tairay trying to assure and explain, and I know that from his POV Ry belongs to him and if Eyeri belongs to Ry then he is theirs too. I know that he is trying to think of Eyeri's safety and that he doesn't get the human way of thinking. Ultimately I was glad Ry finally said something, because although he was hugging Eyeri, it didn't feel like enough. Even if he makes Tairay mad I'd prefer that over Eyeri feeling alone because Ry is acting all Knairi.
Guest chapter 40 . 3/6
My poor baby, its so unfair. I feel like he's just going to follow Ry's lead, and Ry will tell him to submit to it, and he's going to be terrified. Ry, use your power here - Tairay's obsessed - make something happen to your own advantage! Great update though, found the wing colours interesting too.
Guest chapter 39 . 3/5
I think Ry and Herymi are so used to the Knairi way that they can't see how utterly awful this could be for Eyeri. Poor Eyeri isn't even Caw in the regular definition, he's just related to one. I'm dreading him getting branded to be honest. I kind of hope he escapes, but equally I don't want him to be alone. I know that Knairi live longer and reach adulthood later - does Dyn think of Eyeri as a 10 year old or younger? I get that they're all very tactile, and that Eyeri is a child and is afraid, but they're babying him something awful. Not that I mind lol.
Ry and Herymi need to work out what they want. Personally I think Tairay is half way to Tyrant, and although he does make concessions sometimes and isnt out and out evil, I think they need to stand up against him somehow.
Guest chapter 38 . 3/1
Ahh the plot thickens! I noticed that H said "us 5" too! I love all these dynamics, even the ones with H's people sounded interesting. But its interesting to see Nelos and Dynad's characters expand, and the edge of playfulness between Nelos and Ry shows that there's not a lot of hard feelings there, just the awkward imbalance of power.
I would find it weird if Tairay started having sex with Eyeri, but I completely get why the hint of it, the possibility is there. It would be weirder if it was somehow ruled out for these characters when culturally its totally normal. So I like that keeping it in has the realism factor. I also kind of like the potential threat of it, and how that plays with the dynamics. How much will Tairay consider it? Will he use it as a pawn to get his way with Ry? Will Ry do something rash out of fear that Eyeri will be creeped upon?
Ahh I love this fic.
Guest chapter 37 . 2/27
It was good to get a bit of Ryraso POV! So he hasn't entirely given up on escape! I feel quite of proud of him. And Tairay's playing it smart by keeping Ryraso and Eyeri apart, though I feel like Awendo can probably come up to Ry whenever he likes, and although Ryraso can't exactly communicate an escape plan with Nelos and Dynad there, he could at least get Awendo to communicate to Eyeri for him, ask him if he needs anything, if he's doing ok, etc. I'm kind of looking forward to Ryraso having to pretend, or being forced to accept courting though. Makes great dynamics. As a sidenote I feel like things are working out ok for Herymi in general, but I wonder what's on his mind.
MisterCrown chapter 37 . 2/28
Oops. Guess I should've PMed you instead of reviewing that error from before. Honestly love it and think it's wonderful but I don't think that I can keep repeating that (no matter how true).

So criticism, well, I personally think not much happened in this chapter. There was no real interaction between Herymi and O'chuter (Cheetos dude) or his other friends which would've made it more interesting. However if my memory serves me correct that happens in the next chapter? It certainly was nice to have what was originally seen as a side character turn into a more prominent figure (even though I knew this time around).
MisterCrown chapter 36 . 2/28
Love O'chetur, his name reminds me of Cheetos.
Guest chapter 36 . 2/26
I thought they might be dropping Herymi off! At first I thought Herymi was a side-character, but he's become quite prominent now. I wonder how he'll fare with Ochetur and the others. Probably highly awkwardly!
MisterCrown chapter 34 . 2/25
Just gotta say, in the description of the story you wrote 'An betaed and slightly updated version'. An, not A. Might want to change that.
Guest chapter 35 . 2/23
I have to say this again, but poor Eyeri. So Tairay 'might' force him to have sex if it comes to it? I mean, I doubt he actually would, or that Ry would let him, but the fact that he even thought about it... And then poor Eyeri endured Nelos gripping on to him for dear life, and is clearly very uncomforatble. He then sees Herymi dropped from a great height and naturally concludes that the same could happen to him. Poor, poor Eyeri. I feel like Ry needs to do more to protect him. I know Ry trusts the Royal nest to a certain fairly high level, but he forgets that Eyeri barely knows who these people are!

I liked seeing more of the dynamics of the Royal nest. Very interesting concept!
Guest chapter 34 . 2/22
Oh yipes, poor Herymi. That couldn't really be worse. He already thought it was going to be bad enough! Although he doesn't seem too opposed to the prospect of joining his friend's nest! It sounds like there was just a major misunderstanding. They didn't know humans well enough to act properly and Herymi felt suddenly dimissed by them as a result. I feel like this part will at least be a happy ending.
Yeah, I saw you Tairay - saying that Herymi's friends were stupid when Ry was just as oblivious! Not like you did such a great job by yourself. Its interesting to see the layers on Tairay. He's a bit of a fixer upper. I think he just wants a happy ending all round... as long as its done his way!
MisterCrown chapter 35 . 2/23
Reallly nice so far, like all the added bits and I don't think that they are badly put in nor badly impacting/changing anything. Was nice to mass read this after I forgot about it, life has a way of making me forgot about stories I was following.
MisterCrown chapter 30 . 2/23
Realistic with Eyeri wetting himself I suppose. I can't for the life of me remember if that's added or not but eh, if it was it's a good addition.
Guest chapter 33 . 2/19
Wow, that was a lot of talking from Awendo! So cute with his wing around Eyeri. I love the way you explained his hugging Tairay earlier. I also like how you're mixing the individuals up - getting Nelos to interact with Eyeri for example. Poor, poor Eyeri. He's the only one who doesn't know what's going on at any given time.
60 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »