Reviews for Bird of a Wing
Guest chapter 33 . 2/19
Wow, that was a lot of talking from Awendo! So cute with his wing around Eyeri. I love the way you explained his hugging Tairay earlier. I also like how you're mixing the individuals up - getting Nelos to interact with Eyeri for example. Poor, poor Eyeri. He's the only one who doesn't know what's going on at any given time.
Guest chapter 32 . 2/18
Poor Eyeri, no wonder he was struggling to fall asleep! I'm glad Ryraso ended up on his other side in the end. I really hope Awendo and Eyeri don't lose their relationship, I feel like Eyeri is going to be afraid particularly because of the connetations to slavery, and he's going to sense all of Ry's negative emotions. While Awendo might be chirpy that everything's suiting him.
I love the concept of the silent argument through the link. I think Tairay is such a layered character. He seems lonely almost, despite his mates. He's already thinking of adopting Eyeri's brothers and he's barely met Eyeri. He just seems to want a full nest. I kinda feel sorry for him!
Guest chapter 31 . 2/12
So it seems like they're in a bit of a ceasefire. The captives/caw don't seem like they're considering an escape and have (albeit reluctantly) settled down. Even Tairay seems pleased now everything's gone his way. I wonder if this will last. Eyeri and Awendo still utter cuties.
Guest chapter 30 . 2/12
Poor sweet Eyeri! I'm not at all surprised he wet himself and I'm glad you included it. He's not used to flights like this, he's terrified, possibly even doubts he'll survive.. It makes sense. I also like that Tairay seized the moment to try to take more emotional control of Eyeri and therefore the situation. Will Ry trust him or will he wonder why he and Eyeri have dropped from view?
And Awendo getting a rest by hanging on the back of Tairay was super cute!
Guest chapter 29 . 2/11
So many conflicting emotions! Ahh it was so tense when Tairay threatened Eyeri. Just because he thought he wasn't going to hurt him didn't convince me enough. I thought if someone put a foot wrong Eyeri was a gonner. I'm pretty sure everyone else felt the same!

I totally get that Awendo will want all his family and Eyeri together, so this outcome could be happy for him in several ways. However, his Da just knocked him flat, I'm sure knocked him out, left him dumped in the forrest because he was too busy dealing with Ry, and on top of that was terrorising the one person Awendo has been trying to protect! I just couldn't fathom why Awendo's reaction was so instantly pleased and cuddly. That threw me a lot. Was it just masive relief that Eyeri wasn't dead that made him react like that? I can only assume that's what it was.

Poor Ryraso, Tairay is going to give him hell. I can't wait.
Tripliss chapter 30 . 2/11
Guest chapter 28 . 2/10
I just noticed this chapter was up! Oh wow, this is heart pounding stuff. So much drama, so much terror, so much action! It was a brilliant chapter. The mental image of Awendo standing between Eyeri and Tairay with the dagger in his hands and shaking is so vivid. I do ship Eyeri and Awendo, but I love their sibling side just as much and I couldn't love Awendo more for risking everything for Eyeri. Poor Eyeri didn't have a chance to do anything, and I don't know why it would have been considered cowardly if he's been a bit older to have ran away. He's not trained to fight, he'd only get in the way of the ones who do, and of the three humans left he was the one most likely to get murdered too- so he was completely right to run. I guess I have this point of view because I'm human too though lol!
Tairay was a terrible father again to Awendo, but I kind of enjoy how ruthless he is and that because he's so unhinged lately even his mates are doubting his intentions.

I can't wait to see what happens!
Guest chapter 27 . 2/9
Ahhh! Poor Eyeri! That's terrifying! I didn't think they were going to kill him, I thought because he was a child they would have ignored him! I feel like I hate Dynad now.

So in that confusion it looks like Eyeri and Awendo ran into the forest? I hope they can look after eachother! Or maybe they'll get caught straight off. I'll be so upset if Eyeri gets killed. It was sad enough that the nameless guards all got slaughtered. I don't really want Ry or Awendo to forgive the royal nest.. its also hard because I get that everyone is at war, so it's not like this is random murder/kidnapping!
Guest chapter 25 . 2/8
I didn't realise this chapter was out! This explains a lot about the twins perspective mentioned in the other chapter, and their stance. I wish I'd read 25 and 26 the right way round but now I'm all set for 27!
Guest chapter 26 . 2/8
Things are going to get tense! As if they weren't already :D

I can't wait for chapter 27. I wonder if Ryraso is going to fight them or not. If he knows they won't hurt the children then he might.. Im looking forward to the dynamics gettig even more complicated!

Also Loror seems more astute than I'd realised!
Guest chapter 24 . 2/6
Sakmi is interesting!

I liked seeing the other side of the war. I feel like the K'nairi's thoughts are still oddly friendly toward Isst's crew, like they don't really want to hurt any of them. I notice that the nest is gutted they didn't get Ry, but show almost no concern for Awendo. Poor baby, I totally get why he stayed with Ry. It's as if they adopted him just to get Ry into their bed in the first place. I like the interactions between the nest though, and that Nelos and Dyn are able to hold their own emotionally in the relationship. Also I like that Loror is setting up as the Big Bad and plans to manipulate them all!
Guest chapter 23 . 1/29
Hadn't realised this had updated, was just coming back to reread the last bit and was pleasantly surprised!

We now have a very good idea of what awaits Ry if (when) they catch him. I'm kind of looking forward to the dynamics! If Ereri and Awendo are with him I imagine he's going to make a deal that he'll do as he's told if he can still get access to his kids. Who are both flippin' adorable by the way. I love when Awendo uses his wings or sounds to protect or sooth Ereri.
dragonflight203 chapter 23 . 1/25
It's interesting that Ryraso defends the k'nairi so strongly, while at the same time he's both avoiding them and afraid of what will happen if/when they catch him. He obviously loves them, but he's under no illusions of what they're like. And he misses them anyway.

The human/k'nairi contrast once again is very vivid here. The k'nairi view collared and branded as minimal punishments; the branding isn't even really seen as a punishment, so much as way to make sure you're known as k'nairi.

Inai provides the human perspective that those are both pretty awful, while at the same time confused that k'nairi don't kill their traitors. That says something about what each species considers most important. And Ryraso's not even worried about the collaring and the branding - he's too focused on the whipping (and amusingly assumes there's no way Tai'ray is going to punish him in a way that punishes Tai'ray too).

Oddly, I think Inai's really the star of this chapter. It highlights the tough decisions he has to make - how bad does a punishment have to be for him to risk more of his people to rescue the ones he lost? How can you even make that kind of decision? And yet he has too. He really is a good leader.
Guest chapter 22 . 1/23
Interesting back story, tinged with a bit of sadness. I wonder how Ry will be viewed now, as they all seemed to respect him so much, but he's Caw now. It's good to remember that he started off as a healer, he takes on so many role nowadays that its good for me to remember he's a doctor!
MisterCrown chapter 22 . 1/23
I really liked this chapter because it shows more about the K'nairi Dom/Sub workings with how they bully the submissive but also are fiercely protective of the weak. This is one of my favouritve chapters to do with the K'nairi because of how this is portrayed, and because it shows us Ryraso from before the war.
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »