Reviews for A Story in Champaign
Shailaputri chapter 40 . 7/10/2017
He is so sweet understanding her.
Shailaputri chapter 26 . 7/10/2017
She seems to cry a lot..
Shailaputri chapter 14 . 7/9/2017
It is really nice to see that her character reflects her culture..unlike some other stories where the differences in culture needs to be kept in my mind, this one is smooth flow.
Shailaputri chapter 13 . 7/9/2017
Thanks for clarifying the age differences..
Shailaputri chapter 9 . 7/8/2017
The story seems to be dealing with intense feeling and cross cultural issues, though I like that I normally pull away from reading the stories where the teen boy loves a girl in twenties...
the-mce chapter 39 . 5/21/2017
Such a caring boyfriend. The story is always relaxing for me.

I loved the bit about the trees being lonely, unable to move.
the-mce chapter 38 . 5/21/2017
The writing wasn't as polished or descriptive this time around. One line stuck out in a bit of a bad way, about meat she cooks having a "strong meat smell." Also, I didn't get that Alisa had low standards for food. The things she cooks for lunch for Moran always seem so elaborate, and she describes them with such relish. And they also sound good, and she uses chiles and other seasonings, so that didn't make a lot of sense.

Moran's comment about Typhus made me laugh, and Alisa's reaction. XD
the-mce chapter 37 . 5/21/2017
Snow falling like leaves on her coat. Ah, how I missed this story.
the-mce chapter 36 . 3/11/2017
This was so beautiful. I'm a broken record. I love the ending of this chapter especially. Such a beautiful sentiment. Also I looked up the song Moran sings, and that's a pretty sexy sounding song. Nice for Alisa.
the-mce chapter 35 . 3/11/2017
This was so nice!
Oh I loved it, I loved that Alisa wasn't expecting the kiss, and the way time seemed to slow, and it was just magical. As it must have seemed to Alisa.
the-mce chapter 34 . 3/11/2017
Oh I love this chapter. The nuance of emotion here, I just... *sighs*

I especially love the section where they stare at each other, and they both seem to be struggling with something, with themselves and how to deal with each other, and then the tension finally breaks with Moran's kiss. Well done.
the-mce chapter 33 . 3/11/2017
Oh my. Well that was a huge event you just dropped on us. The emotions running through the piece are good, the frustration and tedium of going through the American medical system, and also trying to meet up with Moran. I also think Moran is more upset than he let on, not accepting a video call and being all snippy. I enjoy subtle writing like that. Good job.

I do think you could go more into Alisa's thoughts or just the atmosphere around her after she concludes that she will need to go back to China. This is a huge moment, a turning point in their relationship practically, and right now the moment is all summed up in "her emotions turned bad again." I might even shorten or minimize her distress earlier if you feel like it, so that this moment hits the hardest and has the biggest emotional impact. I feel like it should.
the-mce chapter 32 . 3/1/2017
I feel like I write the same review each time, but the chapter quality is consistent each time, and I feel sucked in just the same. So keep up the great work!
the-mce chapter 31 . 2/12/2017
Oh my god.

You're going to make me cry. That's all. That's it. Too many emotions.
the-mce chapter 30 . 2/10/2017
Ah reading this just puts me at ease. Well done as always.
41 | Page 1 .. Last Next »