Reviews for Susie Darlings' Flying Saucers
Liking it so far chapter 6 . 9/28
I'm liking the story so far, but I just wanted to point out the fact that you're not supposed to feed dogs grapes. It's one of the foods, like chocolate, that can really mess them up health wise
HelloBeautifulChild chapter 32 . 5/30
Ah, a wonderful story has come to an end. I loved the asper awards, and the glow in the dark volleyball. I'm not surprised in the slightest that Jasper didn't accept the Darling award, and I think it was really sweet to give it to Susie.

I do wish you'd included an epilogue. Unless you plan to write a sequel, it is a wonderful way to include the timeless 'happily ever after' that Susie and everyone most definitely deserves. As it is, the ending feels a little forced and random. It's a couple of months later, and the romance plot with Susie/James hasn't really been completed. They still haven't started dating or not dating, and though they're going on a 'date' to James' work function, it's being treated as a friendly favor by both. I dunno, I just feel like there was a lack of completion there.

Really though, I've loved this story. Your writing is fun and it captures your attention. The characters you brought to life are multi-dimensional and likable despite their flaws. Not to mention that the side plots surrounding them came to a happy ending and were well done. What Susie went through with Robbie doesn't feel over dramatized or unbelievable, and sufficiently fills the 'what went wrong' mystery.

Thank you for writing.
mandywhitrod chapter 32 . 5/29
thanks for a fabulous story
HelloBeautifulChild chapter 31 . 5/22
Second to last chapter? Noooooooooo! This story can't ever end, it's too good! Will you at least write an epilogue, showing everyone in the future. Maybe Oxy/Mia and James/Susie kids?

Loved this chapter, the balloons were adorable. I also like that James and Susie talked, came to a meeting ground, and it didn't end badly. Those two are so sweet and it'd be terrible if they weren't able to wait the time they need to.

Thank you again for writing! This story is amazing, and I really enjoy reading it!
oh-my-wizard-g0d chapter 30 . 5/19
I hadn't been getting any notifications and had missed four chapters! I am so happy I got the notification! I've missed Susie' s story!
mandywhitrod chapter 30 . 5/18
Tears here too
Love the characters
and the plate with a cream- filled carb on it
HelloBeautifulChild chapter 30 . 5/18
Lol, poor James and his hedge trimmer with no hedges. Impulse buys like that tend to go to yard sales or charities.

Wonderful chapter, I love how right Susie's mom is. She never would have thought of the importance of accepting thanks if she hadn't needed so badly to give it to someone. It is the silver lining to any bad situation, when you come out of it you're wiser and more compassionate.

Ah, I hope we get to see more of James and Susie, but I totally get why they're not together. Better than anyone, you know your characters, so I'll leave you to decide their fates.

Thanks for writing! Hope the alerts officially work now!
HelloBeautifulChild chapter 29 . 5/18
Aweh, Oxy and Mia are in loooovvvveeeeee.

While I absolutely adore Mia, and her ways of dealing with anger, I would probably take Veronica's method, I have in the past.

This was yet another great chapter. Is it me, or are they getting shorter? Hmm. Anyway, this chapter was really sweet, and the value of having opposing characters interact is often overlooked.

Thanks for writing.
HelloBeautifulChild chapter 28 . 5/18
Ahh, calling in the enforcers... mom! If something like this happened, well actually I call my mom like multiple times a week so I doubt I would have managed a disappearing act...

Anyway, loved this chapter! It is cool to see Jasper as a dad, so many times characters are only parents when their kids are around. It is a writing flaw, and you avoided that perfectly.

While not getting the alerts was a bummer, it's nice to get to binge read for a bit. I typically only read completed stories, so this is more what I'm used to. :)

Thanks again for writing!
HelloBeautifulChild chapter 27 . 5/18
K so... Just got an email about chapter 30, looks like I'm not the only one who didn't get alerts? Good news is you did something or FictionPress did something and now emails are back up!

Love this chapter, as I always do. Jasper yelling at people was marvelous, and I love how Veronica (when given the opportunity to do something) has backed off of Susie and is going to focus on the house and all the other stuff to deal with 'back home'. I have a feeling she will be good at it.

The humor in this chapter was amazing! It is such an accurate portrayal of humor in dark times.

Thanks for writing!
IAmGroot chapter 29 . 5/12
I've been away from fictionpress for a while and I decided to just log in and read something and I found your story. It is amazing! I'm just so sad for susie... I wish I could kill robbie too. It's sad when you are in a relationship and you change who you are and put aside your happiness for someone else. I know this from experience and it's the worst thing that can happen to anyone... and I've finally stopped dwelling in my past and making sure my happiness is my priority. Amazing story.. I'm looking forward to knowing how susie survives.
Guest chapter 26 . 4/28
Urgh what in the actual heck who steals from a charity?
HelloBeautifulChild chapter 26 . 4/28
Yay! Another amazing chapter! Thank you for posting!

Also, totally didn't know that mushrooms were a vegetable, never really thought about their food group.

Anyway, loved it! That counting trick, did you come up with it or is it something that actual therapists use? Either way, it seems like it would work. It's good that Suzie used it, not dropping it when Veronica came out. Veronica can worry for a minute, and having Suzie focus on herself seems to be a focus of the story.
HelloBeautifulChild chapter 24 . 4/24
OKay so hopefully you got my PM apologising for my review of the next chapter- I was very confused and that makes sense because due to wedding/honeymoon/email confusion I thought 25 was the only chapter I had yet to read.

Now, having read both, I love it! Much like the reveal with Robbie having dumped her and died, you've spaced it our very nicely. Everyone is responding like you'd expect, not predictable but aligning with how we know the characters so far. Hank is a fun new addition, poor guy is going through a lot.

Oh Veronica- I just love her! She and Oxy are meant to be the extremes, and both are written so well! Rarely do you have such contrasting characters written properly.

Thank you for posting, sorry again for my uneducated review, and have a great day!
HelloBeautifulChild chapter 25 . 4/24
Fantastic chapter, as always. :) Silly Veronica, and Oxy by calling her, has no idea that she made things worse. She's just trying so hard. I'm glad Jasper is coming, will he bring James and Lynn?

Also, I return to my position saying that you're just trying to see how many chapters you can add before you reveal what Robbie did. Which, while fun, is kind of getting annoying. After a certain point, having all chapters end where you think the next words will be explanation gets old. It feels like you haven't actually decided what Robbie did bad yet, so you're buying time until you do. I'm sure you've planned it all out, your reveal that he was both dead and a scumbag took time but was done brilliantly.

I hate to leave a review where I'm so negative but... It's gone on long enough, in my opinion. It's your story though, and you've done a fantastic job so far. :) Thank you for writing!
42 | Page 1 .. Last Next »