Reviews for The Witch and Eve
the-mce chapter 2 . 2/19/2017
This all feels so real. I love the detail you put into all of Margaret's healing. Her crush on Eve is so cute. And I also like how you sneak in intrigue and plot with the lord's wife. You have a couple more typos in this chapter, but nothing crazy.
the-mce chapter 1 . 1/29/2017
Wow. I am really impressed. This chapter started off a bit slow, but then once it got to Margaret's part, I was really sucked in. I love that you don't outright say "she has a wooden leg"." Instead, you mention her using the fence to stand up, her taking her staff, struggling in the mud, before Rayen is finally the first to notice it. Margaret is that perfect mix of sassy and unsure, but also capable and smart, making her seem old and young at the same time. You have a couple typos and things, but they're so small it almost feels like too much to pick them out. It's unique how men can be witches as well, and you've really built up this tiny world and its society very well. It feels real to me. One thing I'd suggest is making your beginning stronger. The first paragraph especially. Right now, it's a bit of an info dump, and dry. The reader needs to get a sense of what the story is, why they should pay attention. Past that, I was invested, but I had to push myself a little to get through that paragraph. That's all. I'm enjoying it!
Tapp chapter 2 . 1/24/2017
It's quite a delightful read. Although the world seem shallow and the two characters Margaret and Eve barely had any scenes to develop their friendship, Margaret's dedication at her job is admirable and probably the best part. It's not addressed in the story, but I would guess that any previous doubts about her abilities would be gone by now. Anyways, keep up the good work.