Reviews for Glass
Emerald Viper chapter 1 . 2/7/2017
I like the concept here and the dreamlike quality of what you've created. I feel somewhat that the narrator does a little more exposition-style "telling" than I would prefer in the very beginning. I think you could get away with telling us less before Paul's entrance. Overall a good effort.
TanteLiz chapter 1 . 2/6/2017
Beautifully circular concept of time, open and unending.
I am intrigued by two choices - your title, and the name you chose for the main character. Of course, as I wrote that, it occurred to me that this is an hour glass, upended over and over again. Nice.
T.Rasa chapter 1 . 2/3/2017
This is a very thought provoking, dreamlike piece. I love that we get just a hint of the character of the watcher, enough to appreciate but not enough to be distracting. The there-and-back-again nature the flow adds to that dreamy cyclical feel, and overall it's a lovely and beautiful exploration of the nature of life, afterlife and new life.

The concept and plot draw strong parallels in my mind to the short story The Egg, but there's a great sense of weight and depth to this piece that makes it very much its own. Well done.
Heavywordsthrown2light chapter 1 . 2/1/2017
I enjoyed this piece. Although the idea of 'one day left' being interpreted as merely death, and disregarding time is a bit off of the deep end so to speak.
Despite this, there's a very powerful theme in how death is portrayed. This death is simply the other side of life, and that life continues on with cycles of death. It certainly feels like there's a bit of religion to it. The fact there is no big man with a book adds to that idea. The idea of them being friends adds to the idea that life and death require a balance to be truly happy. Paul has this balance, but the narrator is stuck in a limbo, although free from the cycle, has to watch as everyone around him moves on.
As I see it, it's help for the self helpers. Despite helping themselves and other's try to reach that ultimate peace from the neverending cycle, happiness is still like an abyss when living life alone.
Anters chapter 1 . 1/30/2017
Well, this name was certainly a blast from the past for me when I saw the update notification in my e-mail.

Quite an intriguing piece you have here. What I found most spellbinding was that it felt episodic, and regardless if it was intentional or not, it certainly helped to drive home what I perceived to be the underlying theme of the story in that it came full circle with a narrative that otherwise told of a never ending linearity. It's rather thought-provoking, so accolades are due.

I found pieces of the story vague, but by no means is that necessarily a critique. Given the nature of the story, and character, allowing the reader to fill in the details themselves, alongside Paul, is another achievement of the writer.

As to be expected, a little more proofreading will polish off some of the grammatical edges jutting out at the reader, but it is a minor scuff on a beautiful, pristine piece.

Hope to see some more from you in the future.
felixlee14 chapter 1 . 1/29/2017
This was such a bittersweet story. Liked the progress of emotions in here, and how we felt so safe with the guide.
augie.toaste chapter 1 . 1/28/2017
This feels half philosophical and half a dream. I liked the play of emotions in Paul and his growth from acceptance to denial to acceptance again. Parts of the story were hard to pin down temporally, but is that part of the point?

By the time the piece ended, it was like he had lived a whole life again. Another seamless cycle. Very clever!

Sould?