Reviews for The Women I Knew and Other Poems
Mollari chapter 14 . 2/10
I like the strong devotions to moral standards you express, and fully agree with them.
Mollari chapter 13 . 2/10
I'm with you in regard to the moral standards expressed in this tale; I just want you to know that I fully agree with you in keeping traditional morals. More than you will know in this life.
Mollari chapter 12 . 2/10
They can only receive if standing up to their temptations, same with everyone else; those're the rules He laid out through His church and commandments.
Mollari chapter 10 . 2/10
Congratulations on being that fluent in Latin at least, and in your Marian devotion; that'll help you to retain your virtue in this, especially to thee, toxic environment we have today in the world!
Mollari chapter 9 . 2/10
You'd not be her slave at all, she'd be disgusted by that, as it'd be an open doorway to abuse and theft at least; you'd be her adopted stepdaughter if your words are accurate in the summary to this poetry set of short stories.
Mollari chapter 8 . 2/10
What exactly are you saying in this chapter, pray tell, please?
Mollari chapter 7 . 2/10
Now *that's* sacrifice for family that you seem to be talking about here: and true strength indeed to lay aside one's orientation or override it out of charity and a desire for family, regarding a broken orientation.
I'm impressed with the strength it'd take in such a case, but if he's aware of this, he'd be turned off to hurting you in any way whatsoever, if he loves you enough to marry you, that is.
Mollari chapter 6 . 2/10
A most interesting perspective of yours here; and I thank thee for it fully and completely.
Mollari chapter 5 . 2/10
Excellent arguments here in this chapter, especially for today's environment, as a lot of those who's hands are to be used for the Sacraments are using them for truly disgusting things... so kudos and congratulations on standing up for Christ's agendas and His laws- I'm with you in regard to disgust towards sin- but more importantly so is He.
And believe me, He will have words with those who use hands devoted to His worship and services for sinful behaviors that're completely disgusting- strong words at that... and as sadistic as I tend to get towards those who fool around like that- I am not sure I want to listen to His scoldings of them whosoever abuse their offices as you're referring to bad priests acting like!
Mollari chapter 4 . 2/10
You may have forgotten one category you are as well: a person, and simple as that.
I do however like your overall standards as expressed in religious devotion... most useful indeed, and by all means, for your own good: focus on behaving yourself and following Christ Himself as His standards regarding behavior.
Mollari chapter 3 . 2/10
A most useful essay indeed that you have here.
Mollari chapter 2 . 2/10
I really do like the idea of focusing on our Lady Mother Mary as our adoptive stepmom; as I heartily agree with thee on that detail to the maximum already... but I can solemnly assure thee that she'd not approve of any of her kids sleeping with someone they're not married to, or even of dating someone outside of traditional values in that regard.
Mollari chapter 1 . 2/10
Well, in His eyes, my adopted stepsister, congratulations on working that puzzle out... but if your parish predominantly has the Latin Mass, then *I*, for one, would have great difficulty with figuring out even what's being said at a sufficient rate to crowd out the temptations that'd come up in such a case.
I speak as a Catholic man, but one that can't, literally can't, attend the latin Mass, nor would I, for I'd not be able to grasp what's being said enough to crowd out the temptations that come up.
I do like hearing your thoughts, if this is poem is the author speaking, not voicing another's viewpoint.
Folks, most Catholic Churches do not usually have the latin Mass at all anymore these days, and to that ritual format, I say "good riddance, as you can't possibly be understood at a sufficient rate anymore." plus the Mass is still the same thing no matter the language it is said in, so it should be in the Vernacular, not the latin format, as the First Mass ever was almost assuredly said in Aramaic, but with a Northern Gallelian dialect on the part of the Celebrant, Christ Himself in that situation.
But the format is the same, and it says quite clearly they were around a table at the time of that, so they were almost assuredly facing oneanother in that Sacred Ritual He carried out with his disciples the Apostles at that Passover dinner that became the First Mass.
That said, I'd recommend the viewpoint of His adopted kin as a focal point, even on the part of the most stringantly devout; especially in regard to what He wants in exchange for the price to enter Heaven, as He said He'd say: "... as you did/didn't do to the least of these, you did/didn't do to Me." in summary of the translation, of course. What He seems to want of us is for us to live as His adopted kin as the primary drive.
Now I speak as the elder son in the Prodigal Son parable: warfare against sin is the simplest thing imaginable to carry out, and work is simple to emphasize; but the obstacle is perceiving the public sinners, especially the types that go for deviant sexual practices, as one's adopted siblings... as we see them as "traitors" at least hostile... this's not fear of thee as professed- to the character who's speaking in this poem- but the actual mentality is closer to perceiving such a person as "dinner" more than something to be terrified of... I know it's devoid of even biology and nature, but that's *perspective* and perspective, as I'm trying to say, is almost always wrong.
But I *am* grateful to you for opening this doorway... I don't share your temptations, mine are actually things that should be much scarier overall at that- which only lends itself to me emphasizing Christ's importance in that regard- but I really *do* seek to understand your views on things.
Sincerely in your debt with gratitude;
Mollari.
P.S. I am definitely a fan of "Babylon 5" as the penname I have here should clarify, but like the Centauri Republic he represented, I lean towards the predatory as far as mindset. But I'm also bound to sound standing, or condemned to the Perdition of insanity if I ever should divorce myself from reality as all fools do desire to carry out.
HowNotToWrite101 chapter 14 . 2/11/2017
You clearly have a large emotional attachment to this chapter, and it truly shows through your poetry. You truly have been blessed by the Holy Spirit.
Stay amazing!
Lots of love,
Penni
HowNotToWrite101 chapter 13 . 2/11/2017
Truly lovely, and clearly inspired.