Reviews for The Dragon heart
NikNak13 chapter 18 . 12/11
It was lovely seeing Zaron interact with his daughters; we don't often get to see that soft, soppy side! But so sad that Deja has to ask her father and her husband to comfort her, that they can't figure it out for themselves.
It's interesting and very sweet how Zaron has changed from a fierce ruthless warrior to such a caring husband; I hope he continues to improve! ;-)
NikNak13 chapter 17 . 12/3
OMG the sexual chemistry between Deja and Zaron is incredible! I must admit though, I did wonder if something might have developed between Deja and Tallia; I wonder if Tallia feels anything like that, seeing as how she seems to mistrust men so much. It was horrible how Zaron first didn't believe her and than almost assaulted her in order to see proof, but then he (sort of) redeems himself with Tallia.
And the scene with Ostin and Hikij was beautifully written and really believable too. I hope we see more of those two :-)
NikNak13 chapter 16 . 11/5
Poison! Ooh, I wonder who it could be...
Even without being beta'd and with the translation gap, you explain things really well, from both points of view. I feel so sorry for Deja; it must feel like a constant rejection. I can understand why Zaron feels the way he does, but if he carries this on too far, he'll push her away for good. And what if she's poisoned again and never gets to experience her husband as a 'husband'! Eagerly awaiting the next chapter...
NikNak13 chapter 15 . 10/28
It was really interesting to hear Pearl and Tallia talk about Zaron and his right to be loved. It makes you sad to realise that, although he has all these concubines, none of them love him as a true partner, and they know that but he doesn't. Or does he? Perhaps it would be interesting to hear whether Zaron realises that, as Pearl puts it, there are no deep feelings on her part.
Lol, the women are taking charge! I love Famira, and Bors seems so sweet and almost innocent in comparison.
I wonder if Deja's illness will keep coming back? Are you basing it on something like malaria? I have no idea how that particular illness works, but I think it stays in the blood once you've had it.
sharp52092 chapter 14 . 10/22
Please continue.
NikNak13 chapter 14 . 10/16
Poor Deja! It must be so hurtful when your husband comes to bed smelling of another woman. And she already acts so much maturer than her years; like, you could understand her speaking without thinking, but for Zaron to then blame it on her for not being able to sleep with him yet is pretty low.
I have a feeling Deja's attraction is growing faster than Zaron planned - I hope she doesn't embarrass herself with him!
NikNak13 chapter 13 . 9/24
Ooh, that's awkward - having to sleep in what was your parent's bed. And Zaron - please stop acting so stern! Aborn was just pleased to see his daughter, man.
You did a really good job of showing both sides when they have an argument (although I still hate it when Zaron goes crazy-possessive). I don't trust how he said he would never hurt her again - isn't that what a lot of abusive husbands say?
NikNak13 chapter 12 . 9/11
Ooh, I like that the country is turning more Issian - feels like Deja's really starting to make her mark. And yay - more female support for her too, with Famira - a girl's got to have a best friend to gossip with!
Oh Zaron - why do you have to be so angry?! Well... it all made sense, with their characters and history, so I think you did well to show such an uncomfortable scene, i.e. making the hero 'not very admirable' :-)
Mwhaha - love your comment about your beta not being allowed to read the M rated material! Just like I don't dare show my mum any of my writing!
NikNak13 chapter 11 . 8/8
Nice sex scene! And I liked the symbolism with the chess pieces. But poor Tallia; always having to be the one to actually induce with Zaron's rages and then cope with them. It's almost like a form of self-abuse, the way she seems to take pride in her role.
Hmm, I think it's just my brain that can't see past the modern view of concubines, and the fact that I really really want Zaron and Deja to eventually fall in love, but I don't trust Pearl. She's too powerful, and I think she likes having that power. I wonder how she'll take it when Deja wants to rule the roost eventually.
You're hot? It's freezing here in the UK! Our central heating switched itself on, it's so cold. And rainy :-( Thank you for the steamy chapter though!
NikNak13 chapter 10 . 7/25
I like how you're showing the big differences in their two cultures. And beautiful descriptions yet again - I can really picture Zaron's bedchamber and the entertainers at the feast. It made me smile, Zaron refusing to sleep on the floor - he still has his standards, man!
I noticed only a couple of mistakes too :-)
NikNak13 chapter 9 . 7/8
Aww, I'm glad she's got some female support! Although I felt really sorry for Deja, a child expected to match the standards of all those beautiful women. I wonder if they'll be any tension between her and Pearl, whether Deja will be able to win his heart. I kinda hope so :-)
Hehe, wiki - me too! Or, if in doubt, just Google!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/5
Amazing story!
RealStar chapter 2 . 6/23
Is this kind of based on an Islamic background?
NikNak13 chapter 8 . 6/18
I love the amount of description you put into each chapter, especially the opening paragraph with Deja's outfit. Maybe there will be a bit more tension between her and Zaron soon, if she tries to modernise Rakon too quickly?
And hopefully we'll meet some other Rakian menfolk, see what their attitude is to the feisty queen!
And happy anniversary :-)) Thank you for giving us a chapter as celebration!
NikNak13 chapter 7 . 6/5
I liked how he served her and how he was the one to bow his head to her. Zaron's character really seems to have developed; now he seems more of a decent human being. The method they have of controlling the birth of sons does make sense, in a cold-blooded way, although I wonder if future trouble will arise though because of this...
Deja's incredibly poised and well mannered; I keep forgetting she's only twelve!