Reviews for Infatuation
effervial chapter 4 . 3/7/2017
I liked the whole idea of the story and the fact that the teacher was the victim in all this! I really also like the way Davis and the teacher ended up being friends again. That was sorta amusing. I just wish there were more scenes hinting that Lydia reciprocated his feelings back then. Seemed like her current infatuation came out of nowhere, or more like out of her loneliness because she doesn't have anyone. Still, overall a well-written story, I think.
DianyRdz chapter 4 . 3/7/2017
Infatuation – “an intense but short-lived passion or admiration for someone or something”. Hmm, I think this suits Lydia perfectly and goes with the story. As a rigorous person as she was that kept busy and wanting things to be a certain way and doing extra activities as she did, it’s understandable to see how she could have developed the fantasy of being with her teacher. With all the things she had accomplished and done and then to have someone praise her and talk with her as an adult and more as a mature person (as she was), to some people (like Lydia), the lines tend to blur and as much of a perfectionist (referring to her wanting to be “one of the most respected pupils”) as she was… it is definitely plausible. Then have it come crashing down as it did for her, eeek! I like how Davis actually respected her wishes and left her to it as its best to let someone cool down after something big happens. However, the amount of time it took her, like… it was bad but it wasn’t that bad. Nonetheless, happy things were resolved and Lydia saw the wrong in her ways.