Reviews for The Poetry Basket
nerdi chapter 4 . 3/23
oh gosh, this is definitely my favourite, so far!

not only do I love the way you've styled the poem - it's rather whimsical and seems ballad-like (although i'm aware that it takes much more to make a ballad) - but also the message behind it!

i also love that you remain gender-neutral across the poem, except in 12 c - and i think that's a tiny inconsistency, but easily ignorable - it really destroys the image that the knight in shining armour always has to be a guy.
nerdi chapter 3 . 3/23
alright, I will say this: there were some cracks in these poems. for example, in number seven, it must be 'in the other'. not only is it grammatically correct, but flows better. and the last line in 8... 'pure more than right'... perhaps i'm just stupid, but it seemed ambiguous and didn't make much sense. and in 9, I think you're trying to represent 'decipher' with 'cipher right? but they're somewhat opposite in meaning! I don't think you can shorten decipher that way.

that aside, I absolutely loved 10 and 11, really resonated within me.
nerdi chapter 2 . 3/23
this set seems so... powerful in a way. very beautifully written, the words flow seamlessly. favourite: 5
nerdi chapter 1 . 3/23
Let me tell you that there is something so strangely, wonderfully beautiful in all these three poems. My personal favourite was the first one.
amateuroflife chapter 2 . 3/12/2017