Reviews for Tangled Webs: Brothers In Arms
The Warrior Poet chapter 40 . 2/18/2019
“"We have changed," Sou'Tern said, staring at the poster. "But you humans do not bother to stay up to date with change, do you?””

Indeed! Very meta.

Hearing the villagers come to the Sinafey’s defense was very touching, especially considering how reluctantly the brothers (except Sou’Tern) came to their aid. It goes to show that prejudice doesn’t last long when different types of people are exposed to one another.

I really like the Hexigonians, and hope they don’t renege on their deal. It shows great, almost King Solomonesque wisdom and justice to give the brothers a chance to prove their change of heart with deeds.
Exiled Adrian chapter 24 . 12/28/2018
Wow... how long and the brothers are back to thieving? And the daughter just ran off with the horses to give them back to the king, unaware that she may or may not be executed on being suspected of thievery herself!

The Brothers are heartless and I do realize this is selfish: if they got the daughter back then they'd probably be rewarded or not. Then again, going down the Geralt of Rivia path can help or not. Though, Geralt is a bit of a *ahem* lustful witcher.

Still, now they look like humans. Will be interesting.
Exiled Adrian chapter 23 . 12/28/2018
Well, looks like no human-Dark Elf kissing!
Exiled Adrian chapter 22 . 11/14/2018
Well, they stayed with him. Despite the fact that he burned down the mayor's house and a dicehouse. Never did know about the dice house. I know more about brothels than I do about dicehouses.

But, still... doing evil things for the right reason is wrong. Someone could've died and what then? If there's a God of Justice, He's shaking his head right now. Is there an Elven God of Penance and/or Justice?

Also, Kimmeriel mentioned an interesting legend, it does sound possible in Druzil's case, but Druzil, I think, didn't care or denied it. I'm not sure.
Exiled Adrian chapter 21 . 11/11/2018
Welp, doing the wrong thing for the right cause isn't always a good idea. I swear Kimmeriel is like Obi-Wan or something. He sounds a bit wise, but also a bit mysterious. I loved how his eyes went up to the ceiling as he spoke like he didn't want to talk about it.
Exiled Adrian chapter 20 . 11/11/2018
Personally, I blame those drunk turds for this. If there were anti-discriminatory laws and the town was a party of it: ALL of those lousy jerks would be arrested for and correct me if I'm wrong:
Assault and Battery of a Minor (Also Child Abuse)
Attempted Murder/ Murder in the Second or Third Degree
Drunk and Disorderly Conduct

That's all I can think of.

Honestly, I was hesitant to read this due to how Rizzen is getting pummeled. In a way, I'd be sharing the same feelings Druzil has. A moving piece.
Exiled Adrian chapter 18 . 11/10/2018
In a certain people's phrase: OY VEY IZTMIR! (translated means 'Woe is me) as the two are now in for a real crap storm! I read the last chapter. That was a good act on Druzil. This Goddess of Fate... she good or bad?

Also, he's lucky the people didn't see him as a werepanther. He'd be skinned alive and then we'd have a bit of bad blood going on and maybe Rizzen would either die or kill the townsfolk. Also: should've said this earlier but the six brothers should've suspected something was up (along with myself) when that hooded guy gave them the King's prized horses. Next time someone does that to you for such a cheap price: DON'T DO IT!
Exiled Adrian chapter 16 . 11/10/2018
Welp, looks like something really bad's about to go down!
Kimmeriel is both constable and jailor and the mayor is more inclined to humans, with elves second, and drow third and dead last.

Suffice to say, it could be that that world is going to have to go through its own Civil Rights Era some day. And Men like the Mayor and others would go down in history as racist. These days, there are few things worse than racists.
Zukafu Chiriamoto chapter 21 . 11/8/2018
I had plenty of awws for this chapter. Fortunately, good ones because Rizzen lives to fight another day. Hooray. All the aftercare from Druzil was a sweet moment and a nice contrast to the tension of the previous few chapters. A good reminder of the tight bond they share.

Oh, Kimmeriel was the start of the fire at the Mayor's. I genuinely didn't see that coming in the slightest. I mean, I can kind of understand why but still... Immense drama!
~ Zukafu
Exiled Adrian chapter 14 . 11/7/2018
Wow...
So, the elf's dad's a mind-warlock... whom has one of the ten stones that were given to the elves by the gods of that world... for their protection...
DID NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MINDS EVER THINK OF PUTTING THOSE FRICKING THINGS IN LOCK-UP FOR PROTECTION?! The dude's dad has a firestone, but the kid took said firestone and now he's got one thing for his protection... but his people sure don't!

And the drow were still originally elves, only they used the murkestones to enslave those who wronged them. Wow... Zvith is such a cunning tramp! Getting the drow to be born.
Was there any chance a bunch of drow could repent?

Better yet: what's the elf homeland? And... shouldn't elves be the OLDEST race in their world? Besides anything else like say-ents or giants... Dwarves come second. I LOVE dwarves, but the fact that they took elf ears in a war in which they and the other races started? Not good.
Exiled Adrian chapter 13 . 11/7/2018
Dude's a mind mage?! That's why he fought the giants' with no martial weapons?! Dude's a walking Inquisitor!
Exiled Adrian chapter 12 . 11/7/2018
So, this elf was out fighting giants... Warhammer 40k Space Marine sized giants, mind you, with NO weapons...by himself?! Some constable! Guy should've brought back-up, frick even a deputy! Not only that, but I did notice a bit of spelling errors, I think. May need to check back on this.

Still, two drow finishing up six giants? Not bad. And they get some sweet bounty for their troubles! Maybe, they could split some of the loot with their bros? Heck, they could go running a- The thought just corrected me: the six brothers were robbers... and I just wanted to say that they should go kill some bandits, but that would be total hypocrisy as they themselves were former bandits.

As it is: Request criminals surrender... if not: do the law's work. Or, they could go running around killing necromancers or slay dragons-that sort of thing.
Exiled Adrian chapter 11 . 11/4/2018
And the little brother now has experienced racism... damn. In their underworld, it would be the other way around. Here? Not so much.
Not only that, but at least one human mentioned that the day this occurred was some kind of festival. There's a God or Goddess of peace 'Eldalai?' Who is he/she? And whom is Nywalar? Is he the enemy of Zvith?
Exiled Adrian chapter 10 . 11/4/2018
... Wow... Just Wow.

I had no idea that the drow were such... jeez. A bit misogynist...right? That's the correct word? or is it Chauvinist? I can't tell. Because, quite frankly, the family shouldn't have opened their yappers since any elf can hear a lot better than any human can!
And Kiowa better not impregnate her or there'll be hell to pay from the Dad! Of course, you completed the story, so something must have happened.

All in all: good read!
Exiled Adrian chapter 9 . 11/4/2018
I think I have an understanding of the words they're saying:
'Rahn' is damn
'Hahfishnak' is I believe, STFU.
There must be a word meaning 'f***'
And them killing bandits is a bit good.

SO: Afagi's the one whom decided it would be a great idea to seduce a woman? Was it a human or an elf? Because, he deserves a good slap to the face, despite him being a drow and able to kills almost anyone in a room.
320 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »