Reviews for Sentient Clockwork
mia.c.sundby chapter 1 . 7/2/2017
I love the world-building in this chapter and the somewhat sneaky character of Nora -not to mention the interesting idea of magic warring with machine! A good opening, too, as the reader is immediately thrown into a noisy atmosphere, with a certain amount of mystery.
RaptureRaptor chapter 8 . 5/30/2017
A wonderful twist! Your flow is still excellent, great use of discriptors, I look forward to the next update!
RaptureRaptor chapter 6 . 5/16/2017
Excellent work! I'm hooked!

As a reader, I prefer a slow paced beginning, as it gives time for me to become immersed in the lore of the world you have created. So far it has been fairly fast-paced as it is, from a robot cage fight, to the birth of AI, and all the things between.

I find, particularly on this site, and especially with younger writers (I fell into this trap years ago. Still do.) that people rush to the action, and inevitably it falls flat, as the ending either never comes as the writer bores after the climax, or it is rushed like its beginning.

You have a great pace set, and with an incredibly complex universe to explore, I implore you to let it run as slow as it likes. It will pick up when it wants to.

Anyway, an amazing premise, loveable characters and a great style. I look forward to the next update!
jkleeberger22 chapter 2 . 4/23/2017
You are doing a fantastic job with the world building in these first few chapters. You include a lot of details to give us a comprehensive picture of your world, while not overwhelming us with too many details and names right away. Way to go, and keep up the good work!
Kain Le' Noir chapter 2 . 4/19/2017
Wow! What an amazing way to end another great chapter! I would love to see this golem more, though. maybe give it a bigger part in the story later. This would be a great bodyguard for Nora later or even a companion like Jake? I love this chapter! Great Job!
RaptureRaptor chapter 2 . 4/17/2017
Awesome! A terrific update. Keep it up!
RaptureRaptor chapter 1 . 4/12/2017
Interesting start! I like the premise, I have yet to strike on a steam-punk book that I have felt truly encompasses the genre comprehensively. I look forward to the next chapter.
Kain Le' Noir chapter 1 . 4/11/2017
Whoooooooooooo! GO NORA! I love your characters and I hope to see more of this amazing pair in the future! This is a great start to what I'm sure will be an amazing story. In fact I would love if we could PM later. I've got a story in the making that is also set in a world between fantasy and steam and I would love any feedback you could give me!