Reviews for The Wishing Tree
clairisa23 chapter 8 . 9/14
I'm glad we've got to see The Tree again. I wonder whose coming to Candy's family for a visit. Her cousin seems very nervous I guess it's some important people. I like this chapter it kinda reminds me of the earlier one's where she loved to go outside. So Melissa is being nice that's a bit refreshing and I like the ending it fits with the mood at the end.
clairisa23 chapter 7 . 9/14
This chapter is very short indeed. So Candy is being chased by the media. I guess Melissa decided on her own to publish something on Candy. I don't know why she dislikes Candy so much maybe she thinks she wasting her time. In this chapter you didn't indicate between the flashback and the present time.
She Who Loves Pineapples II chapter 15 . 9/14
I don't think you're terrible at dialogue. You're pretty good at conveying character's feelings and opinions with it.

This style is a bit different from previous chapters, but I like it. It's more straightforward I guess but it works.
DeadPoolKnight chapter 15 . 9/14
great chapter again, they story just keeps getting bigger
She Who Loves Pineapples II chapter 14 . 9/8
[She checked the windows, only one was not intact.]

That should be a semicolon instead of a comma.

Please tell me you're not gonna kill the dog.T_T I'm nervous lol. You have a constant suspense going on that it always feels like someone might be about to die and so there can't be a dog without me being worried.

Julie says "hella!" Is she from California?
DeadPoolKnight chapter 14 . 9/8
Good chapter, your story is getting good.
clairisa23 chapter 6 . 9/6
This chapter is like a whirlwind to me if you don't keep up you mind get lost. That's because the technique you are using here are called stream of consciousness and third person point of view. Your in Candy's head but at the same time she's also telling the story but there's other characters as well but we see them through Candy. Maybe you should show us some emotion which she experiences when you flashback to the past instead of just telling us what is happening so we as readers can experience it with her. And can you write "off, of" in one sentence? It doesn't sound right. And lastly why is there so much hostility between the interviewer and Candy I'm starting to dislike her she doesn't show much empathy towards her. But so far it's a interesting chapter and different kind of storytelling.
She Who Loves Pineapples II chapter 13 . 9/1
[Melissa Warren starring as The Poor Unfortunate Soul.]

More Little Mermaid references, I see. Is this gonna be a recurring theme?

I'm glad you're having fun with this story and have been updating more lately. Hope you get some chances to write during school at least (just write in boring classes while pretending to take notes. :p)

Another short but sweet chapter.
She Who Loves Pineapples II chapter 12 . 8/30
I must admit I didn't expect that about Hannah being Candy's grandma even though in hindsight it seems like I should have. And no I didn't think the part where the tree was talking was too long. It was actually really intriguing to realize the tree doesn't really have all the answers because I kind of did assume that at first. I also like how you tied the tree's speech into the interview theme.
KatieKaty chapter 1 . 8/29
l
DeadPoolKnight chapter 11 . 8/29
Whoa super intense
Your writting is super refined and needs no improvement.
She Who Loves Pineapples II chapter 11 . 8/28
It may be a short chapter, but the imagery in here was amazing, especially the earthquake from Candy's perspective. Still a Cliffie though (thanks autocorrect for changing that to Clifford three times.)

The line "That's science for you" didn't make much sense to me.
She Who Loves Pineapples II chapter 10 . 8/26
That cliffhanger was cruel. Everyone is okay... oh wait they might not be. :p Screw school, write the next chapter instead. (Jk haha.)
DeadPoolKnight chapter 10 . 8/26
Its nice to read a new chapter, great job by the way.
Keep up the great work .
She Who Loves Pineapples II chapter 9 . 8/12
For the interview part? Um, I don't know. Melissa can bring something for Candy?

This chapter was a little confusing - what ended up happening with Wren? Plus, it didn't seem like what happened was long enough to fill up an interview. I would continue to suggest minimizing the interview sequences and only including the ones that build character (like the cookies) and not including things like "times up, see you tomorrow." Especially if you don't know what to do with the next one, I think you can skip it.

This chapter was short but I liked it. The short scenes are great for capturing Candy's emotions.
44 | Page 1 .. Last Next »