Reviews for Teach me how to say goodbye
That-One-Weird-Person chapter 5 . 3/25/2019
You like Toby Keith?! No way! Also this story is great. It is sad anyone should have to go through stuff like this.
zanybellecloudo chapter 7 . 7/7/2018
I liked the moral of this story, because loss is one of the most difficult experiences and your honesty and openness allows others to relate and feel less alone in their struggles. What you've created here is something you should be proud of.

I want to add my own thoughts if I may...

You can achieve anything. Even love. There is no guarantee it will last, but if I've learnt anything it's that nothing is meant to last. Not really. If it did we'd all be immortal. Rejection is worse than other hurts. Because if someone rejects you then it makes you seem less significant in the world somehow. You no longer matter, no longer feature in their reality. However, if someone rejects you they have an inability to understand you which is vital to any relationship. They are therefore flawed, although it may feel the opposite. The fact you could and were willing to 'accept' someone into your reality and retain a friendship makes you more significant, not less. It means you are capable of a deep, lasting love, and they are not. People will let you down. If not today then someday. It is a matter of how willing we are to accept it and improve upon the downfall of life. With true love comes support and understanding. And that is all we truly need. Love is beyond the physical or necessity to fill the void. Love is acceptance and when you love you are much more extraordinary than those who cannot, or those who can only do so for select moments in time. Unlike yours, which is eternal. Even if that love is not reciprocal, it exists and reminds us that there is something more in this dark, cruel world that exists within us all. If only it could be seen... there would be no need for the stars themselves.
ZB.
zanybellecloudo chapter 3 . 7/7/2018
This entire piece is tinged in sadness. It is almost as though the dream is a nightmare because it is a reminder of what is lost and unobtainable. And the worse thing about dreams is you really don't have any control over them. I remember having dreams about someone I cared about which made me feel so distressed when I woke up (even though the dreams weren't negative). They left me with a pain that stayed with me all day, like a dull mocking ache. A constant reminder of him. More upsetting than any nightmare I've ever had. So I agree, the nights are the worst. ZB.
zanybellecloudo chapter 2 . 7/7/2018
Actually, a very nice story as it tells of a warm interaction between a couple despite tough times. Sometimes that's what matters most, the small things.

Using personal experience to write stories is something I agree is helpful in processing emotions and expressing feelings. Sometimes I don't even fully know my feelings until I finish the story and it surprises me to discover. I always say writing is therapy, for the good times and the bad. Thanks for sharing, ZB.
zanybellecloudo chapter 1 . 7/7/2018
Oh cool, you sing! That's talent. Writing, singing. You're living the dream. The reason I liked this story is because you made it feel very natural and immersive. Each part flowed to the next without trying, but at the same time it felt important. It was touching, something real with heart. I value honesty in writing. It's not something I see often. Thanks for sharing your story, ZB.
alltheeagles chapter 6 . 10/29/2017
Yay, I got my happy ending, even if it's kind of bittersweet. I'm glad the narrator has moved on (or is moving on at least). I've been told that a bone that's been broken before becomes even stronger once it's healed. Not sure if it's true, but if it is, then the narrator's heart should be stronger than ever!
alltheeagles chapter 5 . 10/28/2017
I like this chapter, despite the morose mood. It kind of resonates with me, especially the gamer girl bit. You're really good at this style of writing. I feel like I'm there inside their heads, feeling what they're feeling. And now I wish they felt happier!
alltheeagles chapter 4 . 10/28/2017
Oh dear... I'd thought this story would take a smoother path to a happy ending... Angst can be fun to read, but once in a while, we need some happiness in our lives. The narrator needs to move on from this episode and find contentment with his own life, and not depend on somebody else to make him happy.

PS Rich, married, lots of kids... The girl sounds like Angelina Jolie! :D
alltheeagles chapter 3 . 8/21/2017
I know from info that you dropped that this is supposed to be about the 2 girls that you lost, but here it seems she's amalgamated into one person. I think you weren't too OTT here, but this could easily turn into a creepy stalker-type story about obsession.
alltheeagles chapter 2 . 8/6/2017
It makes me wish for things.
And wishing is dangerous, if only because the fall back to reality is so high and swift.
Enough to break the already broken into ever smaller fragments
that make it so hard to find myself.
(Wow, I wrote a poem)
alltheeagles chapter 1 . 6/16/2017
I can feel the ache of your loss, and yet this is at the same time very sweet and non-judgemental. It makes one hope that the narrator could and might still one day get his girl. It also highlights how we interpret the word love in so many ways and how we sometimes say it so lightly without realising its full significance. Good job!