Reviews for Liarsenic
Mislav chapter 1 . 5/21
Quite interesting and disturbing short story. Great attention to details and background information. The build-up to the rain was especially well done, and made the horrific reveal all the more effective. The lines: "The singing turned to screams." and ""Mother! It burns! The rain burns!" the children screamed." gave me the chills. The last line was also horrific, but appropriate, and expected. Also, a good message about pollution and public manipulation. Keep up the great work. You have a knack for writing intense stories, especially horror.
The Writer Anonymous chapter 1 . 7/26/2017
Hi! This is The Writer Anonymous from the Review Game…

This story, though short, somewhat fascinates me. Although its length makes it seem like a casual story, this story is pretty deep. And I mean really deep. That’s one thing I liked about it – the depth of the message despite the story’s length. Personally, I’d like to ask, who would this be targeted towards?

Anyhow, another thing I like is how the delivery was. It was spectacular. Despite, once again, the brevity of the story, the way you wrote it was interesting enough for me to hold on and read it thoroughly without getting all too bored. You also manage to make the narrator somewhat ‘impartial’. The narrator does not seem to side with anyone, he doesn’t over-dramatize the whole thing, yet at the same time, he doesn’t go on about the necessity of destroying the environment ‘for progress’, ‘for science’, etc.

I also notice how you delivered the climax of the story with a few simple words, like this story.

"The singing turned to screams" - Was waay better than if you would've described it in frightening 'detail'

Personally, I liked this story quite a lot. It’s rare that I find this kind of story, short and concise, that has this kind of message. Most of the time I see this kind of story, with this length, it’s normally a creepypasta or something like that.
Thanks for the read!