Reviews for Done Like Dinner
The Youngest Mistress chapter 1 . 1/31/2019
I like that you named both father and son after certain types of cheese-that is a clever move by you. Hooookay, in regards to criticism, here's one bit: 'The scene then...' That's something that bothered me. I feel like that's something that could be read from a wiki instead. (Jesus, can you imagine if this story had a wiki? O.O) I feel like a better signpost would be something like: 'The phone boomed, as Cobly was talking in his sleep, several years later'. A thought. And-I know he's just a fictional person, but I am madly concerned for Uncle Dad's health... He needs to do more walking, honestly.
jj1027 chapter 1 . 11/16/2018
So, I definitely get the shounen aspect from what I read, but I am not done with the chapter. So far, this is excellent. The idea is brilliantly original, and the action is greatly rendered. I want to see what happens to this colby, I was to know who this talking cat is or was, I want know more about this world.

That does bring up another point though. Halfway through your quite long first chapter(maybe my chapters are just short. I know my first chaps usually are) and I am still wondering what the laws of this world are, and what is or isn't possible, or the mechanics of how things work in this world, insofar as they differ from how things work in the world we know.

Overall, this is quite excellent work so far. I love the style, and I must say I am impressed with how much I get the impression you know about the Shounen fighting anime genre. And martial arts! Do you train? I practice a type of kung fu called bagua myself. anyway, thank you and I look forward to reading more and sharing my thoughts.
CalvinHobbesGatsby chapter 1 . 9/26/2018
this is an awesome story so far, keep it up
MoreTanks.LessProblems chapter 1 . 9/4/2018
This is definitely interesting. I always like stories about food and fighting. So are they actually fighting with food though or are they just naming their attacks after food? I was a bit confused by that part. Either way, it looks like a fun story and I'm looking forward to continuing to read it.
Dlombardi chapter 9 . 1/7/2018
Leos are the worst? Ha, I'm no leo, but they are my favorite type of people.
Interesting chapter. I liked how he brought spices to his father's grave instead of the traditional flowers. It felt more personal. Cane is... different lol. I like him better than Heath for sure. I'm curious as to why you named this chapter Sugar Daddy; is it because of Cane's specialty?

After disappearing for some time, I bear some new helpful hints! I wasn't really good at punctuation when it came to novels, but my editor fixed (I'm not even exaggerating) over 300 misplaced commas and periods. When you have anything but a comma right before a quote, the next word should be capitalized. I saw a couple in here, just a quick look over would suffice. Aside from that good chapter. I like how Colby's meeting new people from different venues.
CheddarBrat789 chapter 31 . 1/4/2018
Oh, so that's how Snugglepuss became a cat. Not quite what I was expecting, but it was a nice reveal nonetheless. These last two chapters were very entertaining to read, and it was great to see Colby and Heath finally duke it out after such a long buildup. It'll be interesting to see what the latter will do in later chapters seeing how he wasn't killed. Maybe he'll finally turn over a new leaf?

Can't say I was very shocked at Colby's "death", probably because I've seen too many shows, films, and video-games with this type of plot-twist. Curry Heaven does sound like a lot of fun, though. Now if only there was a Chicken-fried Steak Heaven...

As far as complaints go, I don't really have any. Nice work once again, and I'm interested to see how the second arc plays out.
FictionWriter200 chapter 12 . 12/28/2017
Hahaha, I love how the dad's like trying to convey Sage is having her period through different wording methods. Heh. Again, this chapter was entertaining with Colby and Sage's interactions. They really do have a unique friendship. So, as for the qualms, there's just one thing and that's descriptions. I mentioned it in a few chapters back so I'm not going to be explaining that here. Otherwise, you're doing a great job at keeping the comedy consistent as well as the characters' interactions. Keep up the good work!
FictionWriter200 chapter 11 . 12/28/2017
Haha, that bear looked...unique. Heh. Again, this chapter had a perfect blend of comedy and cuteness. I liked everything about this. Also, can I say the titles of your chapters are quite funny too. I like them. Good job!
FictionWriter200 chapter 10 . 12/28/2017
AWWW CANE. Cane's family is so supportive and it's adorable. Also, lol cookie cutter shurikens. I can't imagine them but at the same time, I can get a vague idea of it. Good job for writing this chapter very well.
FictionWriter200 chapter 9 . 12/28/2017
Hah, the ninja haha. Again Sage is just sassy and practical at the same time, gotta love her. She's just a likeable character. I like her the most and Colby too. And maybe Mr S. too.
FictionWriter200 chapter 8 . 12/28/2017
Awwww SAGE. She's so cute and helpful. Colby is lucky to have a friend like her. :)
FictionWriter200 chapter 7 . 12/28/2017
Hmhm, hey, what's wrong with loving cats? Sage is so cool. Anyways, since you asked for a non-vague, hopefully my reviews aren't non-vague heh, I'd like to say that you're doing a great job so far. I can sense that your writing style is more of a manga-ish type of writing. Like someone who writes a manga instead of drawing it out, you know? Which is hilarious in this case but at the same time, it'll be nice to once again add more descriptions of emotional kind or thoughts. Just to balance the dialogues out since this is a written fiction and not a drawn one. But this is just what I think. You don't have to take heed of this advice if you don't want to. I'm liking your writing style either way. :)
FictionWriter200 chapter 6 . 12/28/2017
Talk about breaking the fourth wall there Mr. S. I like that. It adds a bit more touch to the comedy you got going on here.
FictionWriter200 chapter 5 . 12/28/2017
LOL WHAT A CHAPTER. The rollercoaster of things happening in this chapter was hilarious. I just love how Sage and Colby are interacting. It's funny how Colby sucks at apologising. But hey, at least Sage forgave him. Kinda. If there's just one qualm I could address it's that maybe to balance out the dialogues, it would do good to add more descriptions. And not just descriptions of appearance but more of emotional descriptions of what the character is feeling. Otherwise, well done!
FictionWriter200 chapter 4 . 12/28/2017
Hahaha, again that was quite funny. Like I said previously, I liked the interaction between Sage and Colby. I also liked how Colby taught Sage how to cook better and lol for Sage's Dad for being all 'my daughter's cooking is as amazing as her mother's!' and goes 'no...uh no thanks' when Colby dared him to eat her cooking again. Perfect balance of comedy and cuteness.
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »