Reviews for Done Like Dinner
Dlombardi chapter 9 . 1/7
Leos are the worst? Ha, I'm no leo, but they are my favorite type of people.
Interesting chapter. I liked how he brought spices to his father's grave instead of the traditional flowers. It felt more personal. Cane is... different lol. I like him better than Heath for sure. I'm curious as to why you named this chapter Sugar Daddy; is it because of Cane's specialty?

After disappearing for some time, I bear some new helpful hints! I wasn't really good at punctuation when it came to novels, but my editor fixed (I'm not even exaggerating) over 300 misplaced commas and periods. When you have anything but a comma right before a quote, the next word should be capitalized. I saw a couple in here, just a quick look over would suffice. Aside from that good chapter. I like how Colby's meeting new people from different venues.
CheddarBrat789 chapter 31 . 1/4
Oh, so that's how Snugglepuss became a cat. Not quite what I was expecting, but it was a nice reveal nonetheless. These last two chapters were very entertaining to read, and it was great to see Colby and Heath finally duke it out after such a long buildup. It'll be interesting to see what the latter will do in later chapters seeing how he wasn't killed. Maybe he'll finally turn over a new leaf?

Can't say I was very shocked at Colby's "death", probably because I've seen too many shows, films, and video-games with this type of plot-twist. Curry Heaven does sound like a lot of fun, though. Now if only there was a Chicken-fried Steak Heaven...

As far as complaints go, I don't really have any. Nice work once again, and I'm interested to see how the second arc plays out.
KrystalM chapter 12 . 12/28/2017
Hahaha, I love how the dad's like trying to convey Sage is having her period through different wording methods. Heh. Again, this chapter was entertaining with Colby and Sage's interactions. They really do have a unique friendship. So, as for the qualms, there's just one thing and that's descriptions. I mentioned it in a few chapters back so I'm not going to be explaining that here. Otherwise, you're doing a great job at keeping the comedy consistent as well as the characters' interactions. Keep up the good work!
KrystalM chapter 11 . 12/28/2017
Haha, that bear looked...unique. Heh. Again, this chapter had a perfect blend of comedy and cuteness. I liked everything about this. Also, can I say the titles of your chapters are quite funny too. I like them. Good job!
KrystalM chapter 10 . 12/28/2017
AWWW CANE. Cane's family is so supportive and it's adorable. Also, lol cookie cutter shurikens. I can't imagine them but at the same time, I can get a vague idea of it. Good job for writing this chapter very well.
KrystalM chapter 9 . 12/28/2017
Hah, the ninja haha. Again Sage is just sassy and practical at the same time, gotta love her. She's just a likeable character. I like her the most and Colby too. And maybe Mr S. too.
KrystalM chapter 8 . 12/28/2017
Awwww SAGE. She's so cute and helpful. Colby is lucky to have a friend like her. :)
KrystalM chapter 7 . 12/28/2017
Hmhm, hey, what's wrong with loving cats? Sage is so cool. Anyways, since you asked for a non-vague, hopefully my reviews aren't non-vague heh, I'd like to say that you're doing a great job so far. I can sense that your writing style is more of a manga-ish type of writing. Like someone who writes a manga instead of drawing it out, you know? Which is hilarious in this case but at the same time, it'll be nice to once again add more descriptions of emotional kind or thoughts. Just to balance the dialogues out since this is a written fiction and not a drawn one. But this is just what I think. You don't have to take heed of this advice if you don't want to. I'm liking your writing style either way. :)
KrystalM chapter 6 . 12/28/2017
Talk about breaking the fourth wall there Mr. S. I like that. It adds a bit more touch to the comedy you got going on here.
KrystalM chapter 5 . 12/28/2017
LOL WHAT A CHAPTER. The rollercoaster of things happening in this chapter was hilarious. I just love how Sage and Colby are interacting. It's funny how Colby sucks at apologising. But hey, at least Sage forgave him. Kinda. If there's just one qualm I could address it's that maybe to balance out the dialogues, it would do good to add more descriptions. And not just descriptions of appearance but more of emotional descriptions of what the character is feeling. Otherwise, well done!
KrystalM chapter 4 . 12/28/2017
Hahaha, again that was quite funny. Like I said previously, I liked the interaction between Sage and Colby. I also liked how Colby taught Sage how to cook better and lol for Sage's Dad for being all 'my daughter's cooking is as amazing as her mother's!' and goes 'no...uh no thanks' when Colby dared him to eat her cooking again. Perfect balance of comedy and cuteness.
KrystalM chapter 3 . 12/28/2017
I just adore Colby and Sage's interactions. The way they talk to each other is very cute. The flashbacks though, that's pretty sad. These two had a rough past, huh? I would suggest you to add in your flashbacks more smoothly instead of breaking them off like that. But otherwise, this is very nice to read. A bit of sadness and humours as well as a dash of friendship, it's a warm chapter to read~
KrystalM chapter 2 . 12/27/2017
Lol, Sage is quite a character. I enjoyed her interactions with everyone and especially with Colby. Good job!
KrystalM chapter 1 . 12/27/2017
Well, that was an interesting start! I didn't know what to actually expect when I first read the summary but this was really interesting! This story is quite cute and funny already and I liked how your writing skills is simple and straight to the point. I do recommend maybe checking out some sentences because they feel awkward when read out loud but otherwise, this is pretty good!
Ckh chapter 1 . 12/19/2017
A Roadhouse Review

A decent introduction. I haven't seen a story revolving around foodfighting so go for it, man. Go write it. While I do agree that this concept is creative, I am too jaded by 4chan story memes in youtube comments to truly appreciate the wackiness of this world and its characters. I also written about sofa monsters and the illuminati before, so yeah, I'm no stranger to craziness. I'm sure that other readers will enjoy it though, evidenced by the reviews.

By shonen standards, the first chapter hasn't done anything too impressive plot wise. The dialogue is okay too. Thats fine. You have future chapters to show off. The real meat of these stories comes through only later when everything is established and I look forward to seeing what kind of story you can construct with this baseline.
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »