Reviews for Blue World
hannah.rozenwheeler chapter 6 . 8/17
I enjoyed these two scenes quite a bit. While I was reading, I thought about how I would like to take the SAT or ACT (although I have already graduated high school) so I can attend college one day. It all depends on how I behave and how good my skills are on each portion of the test.
vampiregurl26 chapter 5 . 7/27
This is my second read-through of this chapter; I enjoyed it very much. I have had feelings for girls since I was in eighth grade and I don't mind other people having those feelings as well (I also like guys, but that's an entirely different story). I like where this story is going; keep up the good work! :)
Hannah chapter 4 . 7/4
Loved this chapter! Scenes Six and Seven were very good. I'm okay with two women being in a relationship as I swing both ways and I've had those feelings toward a girl before. I love your work; it's hilarious and dramatic at the same time. I hope Romaine's mom is going to be all right.
hannah.rozenwheeler chapter 3 . 6/18
This was such a hilarious chapter! You did an excellent job writing it. Quick question: Is Rosaline bulimic? I'm just curious, as she claims to not be able to eat solids or even drink water. I wonder if she suffers from a rare disorder? Good luck with your future stories!
hannah.rozenwheeler chapter 2 . 6/10
I finished reading through Scenes II and III today (I have been busy doing other stuff related to my schedule, as my electronic times are thirty minutes to one hour), and I thought to myself, "This is perfect for Pride Month!" I am bisexual myself and don't mind reading about or seeing people in the LGBTQ community. I would love to continue developing my characters and perhaps make at least one of them gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender (maybe bring back my character Stephanie).
hannah.rozenwheeler chapter 1 . 5/28
Beautifully written. You appear to be excellent at writing plays; I'm impressed! I loved the stereotypical Chinese-American words, like "Wah!" and the parts of the story where Romaine's mother doesn't know what to say due to speaking English as a second language. I am accustomed to that, as I have read some of Amy Tan's novels (where that theme is used frequently). Best of luck in your future stories!
SimonClemens chapter 2 . 7/21/2017
Still going very g-well I'll just say written with punch. It's actually quite balanced, I think, in terms of emotion and tone. That might not sound like much, but it's less common than you think, particularly here. A good/engaging story is one that has full control over its tone.
As for characters so far,
I have a very vivd picture of everybody. Well, every major character anyway. Do you happen to use picture reference or imagine celebrity likenesses for your characters?

P.S.-I don't want to bring up any stereotypes about Asians being nightmarish parents, but I did it just now, so...whatever. I don't believe most of them anymore. I can think on reasons why it happens and why it doesn't, now that I'm significantly more detached. Just people...flawed, biased, but occasionally trying to do right...I hope.

Here's to hoping you show this girl mercy. Or at least more mercy than her mum.
futurewitch chapter 1 . 7/17/2017
I love the idea of formatting it as a play it's so cool! Another nice thing about plays is you can use music to set the scene. Like the polka in a street car named desire that rises with Blanches madness. You could do something similar with the mother's anger although the heartbeats are already really good!
Chato781 chapter 1 . 7/17/2017
The tension was held immediately and throughout the scene. It was light a tight drum that just kept getting tighter. The scene was full of emotion, both verbal and nonverbal. The use of props in the scene was extremely effective and kept your attention. It was an amazing scene that foreshadowed greatness to follow.
SimonClemens chapter 1 . 6/27/2017
It IS very indulgent, and the self-awareness you have sets that off and makes it enjoyable to me. Well in a certain sense of "enjoyed."
The subject matter goes too close to home. Especially the parents.
You write good, is what I mean to say.

Now I have to go sit and stare at a wall until I feel normal again.