Reviews for Sex Before Marriage: Why the Church is Wrong
Lisez-le-lui chapter 1 . 12/25/2017
I'm going to have to disagree with you. (You were probably expecting somebody to anyway, so I'll make this quick.) Your argument for disobeying the "law of the land" when it comes to marriage stems from three sources:

1. The government commands us to go against God's will in other, non-marital areas.
2. The government allows homosexual marriage.
3. The government does not distinguish Christian marriages from other marriages.

Source 1 here is irrelevant; in Mark 12:17, Jesus tells us to "render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's." Essentially, just because some of the government's commands go against the will of God doesn't mean those that don't should also be disobeyed. This limits the argument to sources 2 and 3.

Source 2, upon closer examination, is also irrelevant; if the marriage in question is not homosexual, then how does the government's issuance of a license conflict with the will of God? It doesn't.

Source 3, once again, can be discounted much the same as source 2. Viz. Matthew 20:1-16 (Parable of the Workers in the Vineyard): Something being given to somebody who (in your eyes) doesn't "deserve" it doesn't change anything about your getting it, or any previous agreements on the matter.

All three of these sources being discounted, it seems safest to seek civil marriage beforehand; Philippians 2:14-15 tells us to "do all things without murmurings and disputings: that ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world."

Now you do bring up an interesting point regarding the fact that the government of the United States can revoke a marriage license; since, by Mark 10:9, "what therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder," this does not actually "count," and is perhaps the only case in which going against the "law of the land" is justified.

If you're still reading this, thank you for your time; I'm not sure if I've convinced you or not, but hopefully I've at least challenged you to think more deeply about your own reasoning.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/6/2017
You are wrong! Sex just after marriage, of course. First of all, the God's blessing, after that sex is a gift from God. But first God's blessing trough marriage.