Reviews for Ember
Me crying ed chapter 47 . 8/16
Well, what a place to get caught up with. The final fight was huge and magical and totally different than everything that happened in the mountain. Ky ripping her hair out was brutal, and the sword shattering was stunning. So glad Sil is gone and wow I just want Ember to wake up now
Me again chapter 45 . 8/16
Ohhh that was a very good fight scene. Brutal and scrappy and scary.
Me again chapter 44 . 8/16
NOOOOOOO
Maggie chapter 43 . 8/16
Holy crap I wish I'd read this sooner, this is AMAZING! Girl you knocked it out of the park, it's so satisfying to finally understand what all this mess is about. I loved the description of her story telling and how everything fell into place and wow.
RunnerQuest chapter 46 . 7/29
I finally caught up! Awww this is SO GOOD! That battle with Sil at the end was so fun to read! This story of yours has got a dash of everything (adventure, drama, love — I’m looking at you, Ember and Ky!) I’m on pins and needles waiting for your next chapter! You’ve got an incredible talent with story telling and I can’t wait to see how this ends!
RunnerQuest chapter 21 . 7/18
Hey there! I just reached chapter 21 and I am in love with Ember and Ky! So glad that they are partners in crime again, ready to escape the mountain! You’re writing is gorgeous and each chapter is such a thrill to read! Slowly but surely I’m making my way through this story (by cramming in time after working, mowing, doing laundry etc)! Seriously you are awesome! Keep up the amazing work!
Syntaxis chapter 44 . 7/8
Hello again! I do hope you remember me from the review I wrote a few months ago. It shames me to admit I allowed other distractions to cause me to fall behind on your story. Rest assured, though, that I am now caught up!

As I said in my first review, what you're offering to us here on FictionPress is frankly more than we deserve. To think that such a fine story exists hidden away in this little corner of the internet boggles the mind. I feel as if I am part of some secret club that has the incredible fortune to read this gem. And selfishly I'm almost glad so few people know of it, as that means I have something of great value others do not. The tale of Ember and Kyveli twists and undulates as a magnificent braid where each single strand holds some poignant reflection on our humanity, on what it truly means to feel. You've given us two characters who could not have come from more different worlds, but in reality they are not so different people after all. They crave the same things, feel the same emotions, experience similar pains. While Ky struggles fill the soulless void in her heart, Ember seeks to save her himself, to show her that she is not a monster. I can think of little more compelling than a creature who deep inside hates who she is learning slowly (I hope) that it is not wrong for her to love and be loved in return.

What is more human than love? And upon learning that sirens were once human themselves, I am left to believe you want to tell a story about choice. The choice to love rather than destroy. When I read your book, I am reminded that we are made better by what we share with others. Together, Ember and Ky are more than they are alone. In fact, the idea of loneliness is major theme in this story. The solitude of the main characters, both outcasts. The lonely mountain through which they travel. Sirens themselves, cursed and without souls. Much of the world you've created is a shell of what it once was, the dust and shadow left behind by a forgotten age of wonder. The world is stunningly beautiful in its dilapidated ruin. You show us so much by explaining so little. Your worldbuilding is exquisite; you've crafted a place unlike any other fantasy setting, and all without orcs or elves or dragons. The setting is so unique that I believe it deserves its own category. We have high and low fantasy, urban and gothic, etc. I dub yours "Folkpunk." A refreshing marriage of mysticism, folklore, and fantasy noir.

Upsy Daisy, whoever you may be, the world of literature is better place because of you. Please never forget that. You are the best writer I've ever encountered on FictionPress. Your words sing. One day, I hope to walk into a bookstore and find your familiar style there, exactly where it should be, cherished by people far and wide.

With great respect,
Syntaxis
EventualHorizon chapter 44 . 7/5
I haven't reviewed this story nearly as often as it deserves. I have enjoyed reading them all and am looking forward to the rest of the story.
MadGoat04 chapter 42 . 6/8
Glad to see you back again. Loved the new chapter
HMB 27 chapter 40 . 5/13
Sorry for the incredibly late review! Things have been super busy for me. I'm sorry to hear about your health- definitely take any and all time you need to recover, your health should always come first. Congratulations on forty chapters! That milestone is a true testament to your commitment to this story, especially with your health problems. All that said, I'm interested to see if Ky will choose Ember over the treasure if it comes to that. I'm sensing that the story is nearing its conclusion and I'm just praying that the two get a happy ending together. We'll see. One last thing- I do have a story that I'd love for you to check out if you have the time. No big deal if you can't get to reading it- just thought I'd put it out there. See you next chapter!

-HMB 27
HMB 27 chapter 38 . 4/12
Great chapter! I wonder what it means when Ky says that she can hear the songs of their souls but not their flesh... maybe it's a room guarded by spirits similar to the room Ember found early on? I don't know, but I have a feeling that Ky's going to need Ember's help, and he's not going to be happy when he wakes up. Thank you for continuing to write this story. Your passion really shows in your writing and I've enjoyed the journey so far immensely. See you next chapter!
EventualHorizon chapter 38 . 4/8
Thanks for continuing on with the story. I am enjoying it and read each chapter as soon as I get the notification.
Just a random chapter 27 . 3/31
That was such a good read. Really love coming home from work to relax with a great story.
Just a random chapter 10 . 3/30
EMBER NOOOO DON'T BE A FOOL
Just a random chapter 6 . 3/30
Absolutely lovely! I really enjoy reading the way you write - It feels refined.
82 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »