Reviews for Dark Harvest
Prime Jeremy chapter 1 . 8/10/2017
Shouldn't have read this before bed.
Electrumwriter chapter 1 . 7/23/2017
Wow, that’s intense… I like the imagery a lot better than Jasper’s twisted story. The dream is the best part of all. The idea of Biblical angels descending to bring about an apocalypse juxtaposed with the idea of Jasper’s father anthropomorphising vegetables. That amusing touch reminds me of the old computer game, Keen Dreams.

So Jasper awakes stained in red and I’m betting it’s not beetroot or tomato juice… again, I like the Biblical allusions worked in at every opportunity. The sweat like the tears of millions of tortured souls, for instance.

Jasper’s internal ranting about his existentialist despair is well done. Why should he care about insects… dogs and cats… people etc. But I think you could have worked in an allusion from Revelations or maybe the book of Job instead of leaving it as a plain old harvesting metaphor. Why eat hamburger when you can have steak?

What were the police thinking, leaving a shotgun unguarded. Are guns that commonplace in prairie country that gun owners are so casual? I heard that they're so common elsewhere in the US that they're free gifts with packets of cereals, but I don't know if that's true.