Reviews for Jake Tales
TalesOfTreesAndStars chapter 8 . 10/26
The poor, poor, pumpkin. Imagine it’s terror at seeing a huge German Shepard bearing down on it. We have similar problems in my neighborhood, only it’s the teenagers who don’t seem to understand that those orange playthings we put on the porch are NOT ACTUALLY PLAYTHINGS. Very frustrating.

Is Cupcake another dog you have? What kind? Maybe she'll get a feature sometime? *winks*

Anyway, I love this one! Never quite understood why there were so many balls that the tennis players just left outside the court, but I guess that’s a reasonably good answer.

Happy Halloween! Maybe you could dress Jake up as a Jake-o-lantern.
SparrowsOfTheTrees chapter 5 . 10/19
Hello, T. D. Fagan. I loved how you brought the human and dog worlds together. Although it is from a dog's point of view I still think it is completely realisticly worded. If my own dog were to word his life this is exactly how i imagine it turning out. I almost forgot that dogs don't talk while I was reading this.

Furthermore, the way that Jake the dog reacts to certain things that are perceived as being human (like movies and shots, etc.) is extremely well written. It brings the story to life.

Thank you for writing these stories. They really made me smile.

Sincerely, SparrowsOfTheTrees
SparrowsOfTheTrees chapter 1 . 10/19
The humor truly brings life to this story. I too have a LARGE dog that tries to do good but ends up doing bad.
TalesOfTreesAndStars chapter 7 . 10/4
Aim-bic tarameter. Har har. Poor Jake. Tell him I hope he figures it out.

Personally, I’m not a huge fan of Shaky Spear's poems either (I can’t for the life of me figure out how to spell the actual name, so I'm just going to call his that. Apparently even he couldn’t decide himself; he would sign his name in five different variations). I love most of his plays, though. Julius Caesar is my favorite so far. Poor Brutus. The writing in doctor Seuss's books makes my head spin, but I love the illustrations.

Do you know why the brand iams is called iams? Is it an acronym or something? Just curious. I have a cat, and all he eats is the cat food equivalent of caviar, ever since his last food brand was discontinued and he refused to eat anything else.

Thanks for the great chapter! Give Jake a treat for me.
TalesOfTreesAndStars chapter 4 . 9/7
I have to admit the first one lost me a little bit, but that was likely because I have never seen Star Trek or Shrek. I know, I know. I'm not that big into tv.

However, I LOVED the second one. At first I was mostly just cruising with the mini history/English roots lesson (I have a book on English roots and I have to admit it is one of the most fascinating things I have ever read. The teacher who gave it to me is now my favorite teacher ever), but then the Sexy Angels can along, and after that Shaky Spear, and I ended up having to read it to several of my friends because otherwise I might have started joking that yes, my favorite band is Sexy Angels and Norman and they'd have no idea what I was talking about.
TalesOfTreesAndStars chapter 3 . 8/30
Hi, T. D. Fagen.

First of all, I want to thank you for taking the time to leave me a review, especially one that was more than just one or two sentences long. As you were my first reviewer EVER, I freaked out a little bit when I saw it. A lot of times when I ask my friends for constructive criticism, they'll just tell me that they really like this one part or something, when what I want is what they don't like, or what is incorrect. I will definately put those grammar tips to good use.

Now, onto your story. I don't read a ton of humor stuff, and mostly just found this because of you reviewing my story. I will definately be reading more like this in the future; I could use the laughs. Your stories had a lot of the little things I appreciate in writing, especially the connections you wouldn't usually think of (Canadian Geese and cars, Canadian Gesse and chocolate, although you should warn Jake against eating the stuff). It always sort of amazes me how people have ideas, like how you would put together entropy and shedding to make a story.

To get to the point, I don't really have critizem on the grammar, it was fine. I doubt I would have spotted much anyway, me having yet to graduate middle school. On the stories themselves, my only opinion is that you should have more guest authors like Roz the cat. The distinctive voice of the cat was refreshing, you see less and less of that nowadays.

In all, I loved the stories. Make sure you tell Jake that I am impressed by his bravery while battling the ferocious Electrolux.