Reviews for A Night in the Castle
T.Rasa chapter 1 . 9/23/2017
Great opener. A solid piece, just enough world to let us feel the depth and ending on a great cliffhanger that leaves us wanting more. Pacing overall is top notch, though the smalls shifts from the chase to the backstory to the other backstory does leave it a little jumpy at the start but the emotional throughline is solid enough to draw us over and the smooth transition back into the chase was fantastic. There could have been a temptation there to jump straight back to the chase after we'd gotten the key parts of backstory but I think showing us all of it was great.

I will admit that I did not read the short blurb for the story ("werewolves, hunters and the secret within herself") until just now, and I am now champing at the bit for those parts to appear.

Great work!
Jazba chapter 1 . 9/8/2017
I love the opening! It's an excellent beginning that draws you into the story straight away. You captured the feeling of the chase very well, it wasn't too rushed and it fleshed out Myra's thoughts and actions wonderfully. Myra seems to be a very interesting character and I definitely hope to read more of her one day.
Heavywordsthrown2light chapter 1 . 9/4/2017
That's quite the opening. The theif's plan and the use of the blood hound really captured that feeling of rush. The actual writing itself is very breathable, giving the reader a bit of time to process the scene. I'd say the beginning already made things a bit less anxious, bet nevertheless, bravo.
augie.toaste chapter 1 . 8/27/2017
The way you've blocked the story is interesting - action, explanation, action...
and I laughed aloud at the line about outrunning the dog. Great read, Wolfie. You have a distinct was with words. Your summary hints at the larger story. Just who is Myra? And more importantly, will she befriend Sloppy the Bloodhound? :D