Reviews for Sovereign: Beasts
Kam I Am chapter 1 . 10/17
I seem determined to read the rest of the Sovereign works before returning to Ascension :p. This one's different than your other stuff, real different. I liked it. We're not in an academy or a courthouse this time, in fact we're in a different nation altogether. A world's being crafted here, like the preface notes up above, and I'm happy to see it being fleshed out.

As far as prologue's go, I thought this one was a lot different in structure to the other one's, and it's a welcome change. I liked that the world-building, scene-setting paragraphs at the beginning were brief, it laid out the foundation of Gheran, and contrasting it with the other more orderly nations was the best way to describe it in an effective manner.

Everything past that was to the point, simple, but in a good way. A city's being attacked, a wife and son, monsters, cool stuff. In the wrong hands this could be boring, but the strength of the descriptions kept things engaging throughout. The monster's descriptions at the end in particular really got me going.

The dialogue was brief, but effective. So much so that I wish we got more of it, considering this is a prologue I'm unaware of these characters are going to be relevant again at all, or maybe dead, their chances of survival don't seem very high to begin with :p. Guess we'll just have to find out.

I'm not sure if I'm understanding this sentence correctly "a devastation attack far surpassing any bombard.". Should devastation be devastating? Maybe bombard should be bombardment as well? I don't know, I just tripped over it as I was going along.
Matheos86 chapter 1 . 9/18
This is definitely different than the rest of the Sovereign stories. Though it's short and I don't have many impressions, it is intriguing. It somewhat reminds me of the beasts of Dxun/Onderon but I'm interested to see how these creatures are devised and how they function in the Sovereign world and storyline.
ToasterDanceParty chapter 1 . 9/12
Great start! I can't wait to see more of the two Guardsmen!