Reviews for Civil War
BelieveIt chapter 27 . 12/28/2019
I love this so so much.. I have blitzed from chapter 1 right up to current and I'm sad I've ran out. I hope there's more soon! Can't wait to see how this all develops!
Meghna chapter 22 . 3/16/2019
oh oh Alex is in trouble . I was really wondering how brendon's parent were okay with Alex hurting their son
Bee chapter 1 . 2/3/2019
this story is great! it's tragic because it seems like everything is getting patched up now but there's still the baby drama to worry about...what a mess. can't wait to see where this goes from here!
Guest chapter 19 . 11/3/2018
I have not had a story grip my attention and keep it for 19 chapters in a long ass time, and the characters are SO full of life.

Alexander as a character frustrates me, but it's amazing that you've written him in such a way that is human and, I don't know, somewhat understandable at the end of the day (no excuses for what he does, but still). Like as much as I hate to say it, I can see why Alexander acts the way he does. This piece gives me a huge insight into how abusers think, and that makes it so much easier to see this stuff in real life. I haven't read a piece that has even attempted to make abusers anything than inhumane evil - which they kind of can be, but I'm really surprised to see how your story is exploring Alexander in this way. Your writing is seriously good!

I really hope that you end up writing another chapter and look forward to getting that update notification. Please keep writing this emotionally intense story!
Meghna chapter 18 . 10/7/2018
this chapter is great , I liked that it was dexter centric , kind of.I really like dex probably bcoz he is a teenager & a boy ; )
heyneon chapter 17 . 9/12/2018
I had to post a review because this is awesome. Mild spoilers!

First of all, your pacing is fantastic. It was really hard to put this story down between chapters - I've gotten attached to all the characters, even Alexander, for all his faults. Dexter's dialogue during their confrontations is spectacular. It's realistic, there's no wasted words - and Dexter as a character is just so lovable, I hope we see more of him in the future!

Exploring domestic abuse through an abuser's eyes in a realistic way is a huge challenge, but you've done a fantastic job here. The cheating, the anger, all those complex emotions that feel impossible to verbalize - it's all there. I feel bad for Brendon, and stop just short of hating Alexander, because you've given him such realistic depth that it's hard not to empathize with him at least a little bit. I also love that we get to see Philip acting fatherly towards the kids. He's not just a cut-out, two-dimensional villain - he feels real and his flaws are very real.

Some of the dialogue tags, specifically sighing, are a little repetitive, and there are a handful of typos, but honestly that's my only criticism. This is a solid 10/10.

I haven't read Home War yet, but I think I'm going to while waiting for your next update. Cheers and keep up the good work!
Meghna chapter 14 . 7/4/2018
hey , this is a really great story . I have also read your other stories . I would really love to continue reading them. keep up the good work
Guest chapter 6 . 2/19/2018
This is so heartwrenching wow. I honestly can’t wait until Brendon leaves Alexander’s sorry ass.