Reviews for The Wicked Oak Tree and the Child Molester
Sir Scott chapter 10 . 7h
I'm glad he didn't kill anyone. 9-11 hanging up does sound like something an operator would do.
Sir Scott chapter 9 . 2/24
I'm glad to see that you were able to post this story. It looks pretty good, the grammar is much improved. Nice ending I can't wait to see what Furman does.
Queen of Spiritual chapter 1 . 12/21/2017
Nice story start here. I do like how you have the drama when you write your stories, but I'm not a fan of language as you know by now. Keep writing awesome stories.
Torey Hylton chapter 8 . 11/8/2017
While I'm interested in the plot, it needs a lot of work. It's heavy on dialogue but not description and there are a lot of grammar mistakes. A lot of the dialogue seems quite unrealistic, as if your characters are reading from cue cards. What I do is create my characters and try and give them personality by making their dialogue fit around their personality. It also helps reading and 're-reading the dialogue to make sure it sounds realistic. I noticed you use 'said' a lot which is something I used to do. Try using words like 'whispered' or 'exclaimed' etc. You'll find lots of other words to substitute that word. That said, I do like your story, besides the negatives, there are positives, so I'm going to follow your story.
Sir Scott chapter 8 . 11/8/2017
Wow, pretty good couple of chapters. Not having a social life can suck at least Matthew has kids to mentor.
Brandon Burns chapter 1 . 10/17/2017
This looks good!
Sir Scott chapter 6 . 10/16/2017
Good job with this chapter. It is interesting to learn that the neighborhood argument went viral.

Sir Scott chapter 5 . 10/11/2017
Probably good advice to stay away from the Oak tree. So far this has been a great story.
Sir Scott chapter 4 . 10/8/2017
I hate nightmares. Pretty good chapter at first I thought it was really happening to him.

Reed456123 chapter 3 . 10/2/2017
I just read and re-read your story, and personally, I think that the whole " 3 weeks earlier" cutaway bit works better on T.V. than in a written format, but if that's your flavor then that's your flavor I guess. I like the dynamic you set up in chapter 3 between the old man and the bitchy neighbor, it was pretty entertaining.
Sir Scott chapter 3 . 10/1/2017
A lot of drama. That sign in the molesters yard is like a scarlet letter. I think some of the neighbors would be mad, because it would lower the market value of their property.
Sir Scott chapter 2 . 9/25/2017
Kids learn things pretty quick. Good update. A staring contest isn't always a good idea.

Sir Scott chapter 1 . 9/15/2017
That does not sound like a good idea. The neighbors getting together and burning his house down sounds like a better idea.