Reviews for Baby Blue
ghodges137 chapter 83 . 4/25
I've heard it said that time is one of the great healers. It looks like it is working for you there...

It's nice to take a dip back into the ongoing adventures of Baby Blue and see that miss Romaine is well in the world. Here's wishing for more years of happiness and good times. Take care and thanks for sharing your sweet-n-salty thoughts! :)

- G.
ghodges137 chapter 81 . 2/22
Rocket Science - as in calculus-based Newtonian mechanics where mass is not a constant? That's some crazy stuff - how detailed do you get into that? Do you have to set up the Lagrangian and everything? Yeah, make sure you get plenty of sleep before that one! *mumbles a desperate prayer*
ghodges137 chapter 80 . 2/18
It's amazing the view one has after getting a chance to finally "decompress" after something like a broken heart. You start to realize that, perhaps, you were simply seeing something that was never there. Rosaline had her chance to embrace Romaine's love, but chose not to. Wise or foolish, it was her choice - and it takes a lot of soul searching to come to terms with that. I'm glad to see Romaine isn't judging herself poorly because of Rosaline's choice. I'm also impressed to see that only a few months away at college helped change the perspective - it took me ~3 years to finally get over (each of) my broken heart(s). Gosh, the memories! :/

But, after 80 chapters now of Baby Blue, I think it is plainly obvious that Romaine is a Nice Girl, through and through. She finds joy in the happiness she brings to others, be it her sassy wit or delicious bakes. She still wishes Rosaline well, and will still give of herself for others without hesitation or compensation. Maybe a little wiser and less Don Quixote with her heart now, but still a nice person.

But, if she ever goes down that path again, I hope she doesn't have a cow over it. ;)
ghodges137 chapter 78 . 2/6
So sorry, Romaine... you did go through a lot and these things take a LONG time to work themselves out. I know it is little consolation to think that your Mom meant well and believed it was the best way to be a parent. Sometimes people just give what they get - her Mom may have raised her the same way.
CalvinHobbesGatsby chapter 3 . 2/6
This is a very interesting story, you should keep going
ghodges137 chapter 74 . 1/30
I can see Romaine painting "happy little trees" and "happy little rocks". RIP Bob Ross.

I'd also love to hear what Romaine thinks about the Super Blue Blood Moon starting Wed 1/31/18 at 5:45 am EST ovwr the USA. A rare sight.
LorrahBear chapter 3 . 1/21
"Good luck. You tart." Is amazing.
LorrahBear chapter 2 . 1/21
I imagined most of these as papers started and crumpled and tossed in the trash. Is that right?
LorrahBear chapter 1 . 1/21
How interesting... do the two characters begin texting when Sally starts writing back? Or is everything via written letter? The timeline of these is a little unclear, but I like the unusual way you chose to start this story. Nice job!
ghodges137 chapter 70 . 1/18
Man swagger!? ROTFLMAO! That made my day!

I always thought a cloak was just like a big cape but also had a hood. Superman had a cape - Frodo Baggins wore a cloak.

And for the record, I think Rosaline was a darned fool to ever let Romaine go. Yes it sounds like a good idea to take your time - you never know what the future holds. Good Luck out there, Romaine - we're all cheering for you!
ghodges137 chapter 66 . 1/6
I hope finals weren't so bad for Romaine!
ghodges137 chapter 64 . 12/24/2017
Merry Christmas, Romaine! :)
ghodges137 chapter 65 . 12/24/2017
Sounds like a nice reunion - but only after a year? Wait 20 years, and then it gets interesting.
ghodges137 chapter 63 . 12/24/2017
Thanks for the tip - I'm checking this out...
ghodges137 chapter 61 . 12/17/2017
Wow - these last few chapters feel really sad and sobering. Romaine writing to her past self and no longer to (her memory of) Rosaline, and now the first grown-up talk to herself about moving on. And, a quick skim over Blue Rhapsody really puts this whole discussion into a deeper context.

Poor Romaine! :(

With that said, I hope Romaine can see that there are many things that can motivate her to get up in the morning. The demons that drag us down, that whisper the seductive words of failure in our minds, that deal with the worst that life throws us (especially through those we need the best from) can really cause us to not want to get up at all.

Romaine, you are us - and we are you. If I have come to understand the Nectar of Adulthood, it is that we all deal with crushing issues. We all have had those moments where we stare over a ledge and think "you know, if I died, that would solve some issues...". The brave souls who've escaped the Hell on Earth that is Syria - they strove to live, in spite of all of their troubles and setbacks. There was no certainty they could make the trip, or even find a place that would welcome them. For many, that grim reality is theirs to deal with as I write this note - some of them literally died trying.

But they decided never to get up, to struggle - to live, in spite of the challenges. Not that they are just fulfilling their instincts to survive, but because life isn't just about them. Life is about the future - what they can do for others, and what they can do if they had a tomorrow at all. You may find a girl, just like Rosaline, to fall into your arms one day, and she'll be like "oh, if you weren't here, what would I have done?" Or maybe something else will happen, something you'd never predict.

You never know how you touch people - you never know if the words you write might convince someone to stay a suicide, or give their loved ones ONE MORE CHANCE that actually makes a difference. You never know what the future holds, and you never fully know how your actions can affect others - or will in the future.

So, get up tomorrow Romaine. Do it for someone you'll love to know tomorrow. Do it for the person you'll become tomorrow. Do it for those (both Earthly and Divine) who cheer you on today.

Just do it, Romaine!

(OK, that's enough. Sorry, that got really emotional - just catching up in the quiet of my office in between bouts of work when I'm supposed to be at home like other people. Sorry I've been out and not reading your works - it's been hella crazy at work lately. And, BTW, I like the new artwork. Cheers!)
36 | Page 1 .. Last Next »