Reviews for Anesthetize
ghodges137 chapter 12 . 2/6/2018
Thanks for the book suggestion - I'll check it out.

Yeah I can tell these two are a common thread in your stories. I'm actually curious to read more about them - like there is a subtle flirtation between them but they just aren't sure yet about what they're feeling. No worries about timing - like most things in life, it happens when it happens.

Take care and hope for the best in all you do. Sounds like the author has a few things going on too - hope it all turns out for the best.
ghodges137 chapter 11 . 1/18/2018
This is as powerful as it is sad. And all too common of a story for nonbinaries who commit suicide every year. Thanks for sharing.
ghodges137 chapter 9 . 12/13/2017
This is sweet and simple, and feels like a genuine romantic moment between two people. Thanks, as always, for sharing.

No worries about the timing. We all have things going on and sometimes you just need the time to work out the story before posting.
ghodges137 chapter 8 . 11/22/2017
There are no names in this chapter, but I strongly suspect who they are: David and Nan? Where's Effie?

Thanks for posting, as always. Take care and we'll be waiting for the next post.

- G.
shinju asuka chapter 8 . 11/21/2017
Lol i honestly thought this would be fluffy xD but i enjoyed this one! Best wishes for them! I wonder what she wanted to say to him though...
shinju asuka chapter 7 . 11/14/2017
I think this length is already good! Enough makes me worried for the character and wonder how her situation would end. I really enjoy this oneshot!
ghodges137 chapter 7 . 11/12/2017
Wow - this is really heavy. The hardest part about reading this is how well you've described so many people's relationships. Too many people.

I had a good friend from college who had an abusive & manipulative boyfriend for a while before she finally got the courage break it off. My wife's best friend from college was married to an abusive man for ~15 years before they finally got a (messy) divorce last year. I also knew a guy who sexually assaulted a friend's daughter - and your story eerily fits the scene. Like I said, too many people.

Thanks for sharing - I can imagine it wasn't easy to write. My best wishes for you in all you do - and I will check out the Jessica Jones show since you made a plug for it.
ghodges137 chapter 6 . 11/7/2017
Wow - I've been in a situation eerily similar to this once... and this brings back memories and feelings I don't care to remember. Not like regret - more like resentment for playing a fool.

There's an old saying among guys: no matter how pretty the girl is, there is a guy out there - somewhere - who's tired of putting up with her s#!t. David may not be feeling this now, but he's halfway there as this short story seems to imply.

After reading Growing Pains, this really hits hard - thanks for sharing.
shinju asuka chapter 6 . 11/7/2017
Aah my heart :'( now i want to know whether they would be together or not
ghodges137 chapter 5 . 10/29/2017
This was short, but spoke volumes in between the words. Well done!
ghodges137 chapter 1 . 10/24/2017
Thank you for sharing these stories - they are touching and well written.