Reviews for Tales of El: Stone Illusions
faerieshimmer chapter 12 . 9/4
Absolutely fantastic! I somehow stumbled upon Iron Butterfly and quicjly devoured it over two days. I was so happy to see you'd started a sequel as well! I must say, i was a little hesitant about Binne being one of the protagonists but now I love him and feel so sad for him! Gartol is of course awesome and I really hope they both get the happy ending they deserve. I see its been a few months since you last updated this story, but hopefully you haven't given up on it. .the characters are fantastic, the plot interesting and you've done such a fab job of world building, it'd be a shame if this was the end. In any case, thanks for a wonderful story!
fuzzipueo chapter 2 . 5/12
Such hostility from the parental units! I don't get their antipathy at all.
EtherealBlue chapter 12 . 4/21
A bit late I'm afraid! I really like this chapter. I am sorry for the heartache B is feeling right now, but good riddance of that coward user who ran to find himself an "appropriate" bonded the moment he was discovered. I'm only afraid that he'll try to hurt or smear B in some way. Just to hide the evidence. Also, the files manipulator was caught in the act, yay! Please don't let the pain poor G went through be in vain! Silly guy who doesn't think his father will be worried.
chibikodo chapter 12 . 4/15
I'm happy you updated!

Nya'le has sharp eyes. Shit way for Binne to find out that a lot of what he thought was lies, but at least now he knows some of the truth.

Will they be able to trace who was messing around now that Gartol practically maimed himself to stop them from continuing to mess with the file?

Also, what is this cliffhanger?! Haha
EtherealBlue chapter 11 . 2/24
So, I finally managed to read this chapter...I'm very late! Oh well, that's life!
B is finally on his road to reform, nothing like a sweet kid to put things into perspective!
On the other side, we have evil plots & an interesting debate about trust from 2 good perspectives. I'll probably be pondering on this one for a few days, just for fun! G feels so young & sheltered here, sigh. It's clear he grew up in a good environment. Still, I'm pretty sure I was not that naive even as a teenager. I guess the pink glasses got taken off pretty early. If he stays in that line of work, he'll learn, for better or worse...
chibikodo chapter 11 . 2/12
Oh Binne, if only you knew what was really in Gartol's heart.

As for what I really am wondering... Where the heck is all of the money for the school going? To keeping up appearances? How did it get so bad?
EtherealBlue chapter 10 . 1/21
I really like G as a character, he is really fun to be around. It was also nice to see a warm family relationship. There so much love in the word banu...
Meanwhile, B & N are doing their best in their own way. Hopefully, B will learn a lot from the genuine voice of a child.
chibikodo chapter 10 . 1/21
Oh Gartol. Work things out.

Binne is probably going to grow to love the little prince. Looking forward to seeing how things fix themselves between Binne and Gartol.
EtherealBlue chapter 9 . 1/17
Hello
So, I finally managed to read the new chapter. That meeting at B's home, Ouch, that was painful in many ways. Get your act together G & help B open his eyes if you can't do the whole white knight routine! It's true that you can't really help someone who doesn't have the desire to help themselves, especially in situations of abuse. Oh well, at least B has a chance to interact with the child of someone he is prejudiced against, might open his eyes to a new horizon & maybe meeting with G will further help. For the rest, we'll see what the plot brings, I can't wait! This chapter feels like the first step of a new adventure. :)
chibikodo chapter 9 . 1/12
Ouch. Poor Gartol. Now I have to wonder what the hell happened if he and Binne were once on friendlier terms.

The poor prince must be terrified but she definitely is strong. At her age I am sure most kids would be crying at the thought of being left behind, even if just for a day of classes.
chibikodo chapter 8 . 1/7
Psh Rarnat keeps you a dirt secret Binne, nothing will change. Pride and appearance are not going to keep the school afloat, and who with money would want to marry anyone who would inherit a penniless and debt ridden school? Craziness.
chibikodo chapter 7 . 1/4
Aha and so now the previous story connects to what is happening in this one. Rae'lirs are just as shitty as humans, for sure. Binne is going to prove how nice at heart he really is. And maybe Gartol can impress him. :)
EtherealBlue chapter 7 . 1/4
Hello & Happy New Year!
Well, this chapter is surprising! An unexpected development, Gartol gets an excuse to see his beloved Binne (muhaha), I got to see sweet Ny, even though it was just in passing & he & Gale are expecting another child, yay. That's a lot for one chapter.
I do find this request unrealistic & the idea of bringing this child anywhere in public crazy because she is really young & very different in many ways, there were no preparations... Ok, although I have many doubts, but for now, I'll see what happens.
I do agree with Gartol, Ny is so very rae'lir... It was nice to see Gartol's perspective.
gyvareva chapter 7 . 1/3
Happy New Year! And thanks for this new update :D
chibikodo chapter 6 . 12/3/2017
Really Binne, after so many years, why do you think Rarnat will change? Hell Rarnat will probably bond with someone else and use you as a side piece. Such a shifty character, using Binne because he likes having power over someone else...