Reviews for The life of a human
A BinaryBeingOnInfiniteString chapter 1 . 11/10/2017
I enjoyed this, and it made me laugh. Thanks!
T. D. Fagan chapter 1 . 10/23/2017
Hi, Sparrows,

I like how you present this as an essay by the alien who has gained some knowledge but still has an imperfect understanding of our species and human psychology in general. The alien's comment that our ability to live through losses without folding making it so much harder to defeat us also provides some insight into the aliens' purpose.

There are a number of nice points and contrasts that illustrate the human condition and our place in our world. The essay shows that while we have numerous issues, we're a pretty determined bunch!

The closing line was really good, providing another contrast, with this one being quite unexpected!

While I really liked the essay, there were some minor issues that could be cleaned up with a close read. Some appeared to be stylistic, so I didn't record them, but most of the others could be caught by running the story through a grammar checker on a word processing program. I'll send the ones I noted by PM.

In conclusion, very nice job.

VST
DemigodessOfEternity chapter 1 . 10/20/2017
Wow I love this! Very interesting anf makes you think. Great writing style too. Excellent job!