Reviews for Yesterday's Toys
Ckh chapter 10 . 6/21/2018
We jump back to the Golden One's POV and we can see that he really doesn't know what to do with Jay. You present his inner conflict very well with your blocks of text here. He cares for Jay but the present Jay is distant from him, making her seem unapproachable .The story has been hinting about Her being the mastermind behind everything that has happened so far and I'm glad that we are getting there soon.
Ckh chapter 9 . 6/21/2018
Changing Diary to Journal won't work - its starts being cringey when you start off with Dear. No amount of alteration or synonyms will help. Jayyas's personality (or her past self at least) scores points here being believable and reasonably skeptical. Oh man, Earth is screwed up huh.

Okay, admittedly I didn't see the sci-fi tag on this story but it makes sense now. This is one hell of a bomb to drop on us, that the inhabitants on the island are former earth citizens that have lost their memories. What happened to their spaceship then? Was Jayyas in the spaceship the previous chapter? So many questions keep on piling. I see the mystery tag so I await answers at the end.
Ckh chapter 8 . 6/21/2018
Arc one end! I dunno, something about "end of episode x" is just so satisfying to me - and end like episode one it did. I thought we were past the setup phase but you continue to offer so much intrigue in this world, it felt like we were on still on "episode one" so as to speak. The way futuristic technology is shown in the story hints that maybe the Golden One isn't really so much of a mythological figure than a technologically advanced one or maybe I'm just plain wrong. Either way I rather enjoyed this chapter seeing as its the first time our two main characters collide into one another and I'm eager to see what are the results.
Ckh chapter 7 . 6/21/2018
A short chapter that serves perfectly as a transitional chapter. The Golden One is exasperated at being placed in what seems to be an awkward situation and can you blame him? I'm more interested in knowing about his past relationship with Jayyas now - it feels pretty complicated. Unrequited love?
Ckh chapter 6 . 6/21/2018
"Lips.

On hers.

Boldly taking possession of her mouth.

"The tip of a tongue.

Breaching her flimsy defences.

Filling every sense.

Obliterating every rational thought"

Very visual imagery here. The slow burn continues, though a blazing hot one. Now that we kinda have some context about the Golden One, its interesting to see how Jayyas reacts to his actions. Her panic is mostly unwarranted, though her fears are very understandable. I don't think anyone would take kindly to being trapped so long in the darkness

And it is revealed that Jayyas and the Golden One...
Ckh chapter 5 . 6/20/2018
A surprising change of POV. So even the golden one isn't aware of the full details regarding the mythical conflict present in the story. Interesting.

I like how you pull off the bait and switch here. We get the impression that the Golden One is some kind of godly figure but honestly he's just like a teenager. An anti-climax to be sure but a welcome one.
Ckh chapter 4 . 6/20/2018
"pregnant with possibility" - a lovely line that encapsulates the uncertainty of the situation. I don't think I seen that phrase before (It might be just me) but I love how fitting it is.

Jayyas's wait is finally over though it feels as if its only just begun. You could had used one chapter to show Jayyas being trapped in darkness but you took your time crafting every aspect of the buildup. I appreciate that and I'm waiting to see what you do with the payoff.
Ckh chapter 3 . 6/13/2018
We get to hear the perspective of this new character, which might be the person the protagonist was alluding to in chapter one. Fascinating. He (?) seems to have a deep rooted bond with the protagonist, according to how he knows the MC so well, but is compelled to resist and just watch the protagonist get hurt for some reason. What has changed in the dynamics between the two? I look forward to finding out. A great setup that certainly knows how to tease.
Ckh chapter 2 . 6/12/2018
Yeah, I definitely reviewed this before. Doesn't matter.

Coming back to this, the opening description is nothing short of stunning and carries true for the rest of your descriptions as well. I don't how you do it, writing with brevity, but I like it. Already this chapter is steeped in lore...I await how everything comes together in the end.

I love how we get a strong sense of our main character from the get go. She (?) hates waiting but her thoughts are so endearing. I have a good impression of this series. I just hope that I can allocate time to read the whole thing and not procrastinate on work and other creations I ought to be reading/watching.
Ckh chapter 1 . 6/12/2018
An impressive opening. If I haven't already read the next chapter, I'll say that this introduction raises quite a fair bit of mystery.

Who is the protagonist and why are they so attached to whoever they are speaking to? Who has the protagonist hurt? The opening is short enough so that not too much is revealed but what's there is intriguing. An effective opening for sure.
RainbowPearls chapter 16 . 6/3/2018
She seems a little too much cautious and nervous perhaps because she's stayed inside for a good deal of time? Calm down *sighs*
Her sudden reaction/flinching at the chair's legs touching was hilarious.
Nah, you're too tasty Jayyees! ;P
RainbowPearls chapter 14 . 5/29/2018
Argh, sorry for the typos:

** staring at her in amusement

**kinda cute scene.

**Maybe nobody liked him, perhaps he wasn't treated good I'm colony. :(
RainbowPearls chapter 15 . 5/31/2018
Seriously, I was wondering if I were in the writer's place I'd become a pessimistic person out of boredom and no companion with me. I loved the ending much the way the writer speaks about Alice and The little infatuation over her and perceptions of the name Alice and how kindly she offered to she will stay with through the night shift. That was so sweet and I guess that's the best thing that happened to writer and escaping from the sheer boredom.
Nice chapter~
RainbowPearls chapter 14 . 5/29/2018
Exactly, die at the hands of your best friends. That's pretty upsetting. :(
The start was awesome; she sleeping so adorably and Mach starting at her in amusement. Kinda cure scene. I'm glad that they finally has something called CONVERSATION, and the emotions you displayed were perfect. I was a little disappointed at his words, "I'm better off on my own"
Maybe nobody likes him.
Ah, on the other note it was interesting to know that the previous Golden One was a 'She'.
**chuckles**
BradytheJust chapter 16 . 5/27/2018
I have got to say Eagles, I love how you take something as simple as reading or using the bathroom and make it so perfect when a character doesn’t know how to do them!

“Waiting for the black squiggles to reveal their secrets to her.” That was perfect! I was so enthralled with our MC learning what reading was, even though I already knew. That takes a talent my friend, and you do it amazingly!
92 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »