Reviews for Yesterday's Toys
Barbados chapter 2 . 12/12/2017
Very well written, as expected.

Some things that occurred to me while reading:

We don't know why she's here, although she surely does, and I would have thought it to cross her mind in the early paragraphs to give us some insight. And then the scene where she walks through the colony could use one more line, maybe two at most, to paint the picture a little more clearly of what it looks like. True as well, perhaps, of the scene with her home - because we, as readers, have no idea what these precious objects look like (except I can imagine what a thine rope looks like.)

Lastly, the closing section with the boy who stutters really did a good job at digging up empotions. Sounds like he might have a neurological disorder, perhaps.

It says a lot about her character that she stands up for him.

It says a lot about the situation in that she's not scared right now. Just irritated. So she knows what's happening, and is accepting of it.

Good start - very intriguing.
Jaya Avendel chapter 9 . 12/10/2017
Hmm, interesting, and a bit confusing at first but it was well written and gives a good idea of the backstory, as it is intended to! It sounds more sci-ency then the rest of the story hinted at, but I found it to be a nice change. The blocks of text did not take away from the flow at all.

I like her choice of her book and stationary; I myself might do the same thing in her place!
Barbados chapter 1 . 12/9/2017
Cryptic, and to me, dark opening. While some will undoubtedly see an old flame or romance, and maybe they're right - I hope they are - I see something a lot more sinister.

Someone, or some thing, that caused trauma, abuse, suffering.

Never read the first one, so we'll see how this plays out.
BradytheJust chapter 8 . 12/8/2017
"Vaguely rejected by the bed." Hah, that made me chuckle.

Once again your description was spot on, and although I could see everything in my mind's eye, I was just as confused as Jayyas was! I guess I'm a "Floatsac brain" too!

Anyway, this story is amazing and I'm absolutely in love with version 2.0! :D
Jaya Avendel chapter 8 . 12/1/2017
Rejected by the bed . . . what a beautiful image, and my favorite part of this chapter!

I like how you have presented her feelings and emotions with careful detail and care. The pacing was perfect, reflecting her frame of mind and the hesitance she feels.

The Golden One . . . without words but with the light of his hand, he answered her question very well.
BradytheJust chapter 7 . 11/27/2017
What the up-chuck and runs? Wow, that's a weird thing to visualize.

Argh, so much emotion and too short of a chapter... I can't handle this combination!

Great chapter as always and I can't wait to see more!
Filosofieke chapter 4 . 11/27/2017
Yikes. What purpose could getten eaten serve her family? It is a bit difficult to imagine the background and world setting from the chapters so far. How much magic does this world hold. The golden one sounds magic...
But since the main character is drugged she might not see everything correctly.
Filosofieke chapter 3 . 11/27/2017
Mysterious...
Jaya Avendel chapter 7 . 11/26/2017
The chapter title is more then perfect. And her train of thought is full of confusion as she battles the fog obscuring the straight simplicity of the answers she seeks, but of which I have no idea as to what they will be.

You are good at effectively drawing out thoughts with a good, long pause. Those dots are deceptive!
BradytheJust chapter 6 . 11/19/2017
Wow.

Alright Eagles, I'm really loving version 2.0 of your work. "Shook the right memory into the centre of her thoughts" "Chance had never paid her any heed" the whole dang section about the Dragoul! This chapter made me fall in love with your writing all over again.

The section about the Dragoul filled me with shivers and dread. And I've faced creatures just like them. Wraiths, the Wild Hunt, demons, and monsters... but your description made me shiver.

Flawless chapter and keep it up! :D
RainbowPearls chapter 4 . 11/19/2017
So, is the thing named Dragoul gonna make her the meal?
I assume Vivelein, Mashae are her friends and Wylin, of course ehr lover..
Huh? Why is she feeling sad for Wylin, just because she couldn't bear his children?
I wonder what Wylin figures this.
What is the "golden one" thingy anyway?
Yep, Ha, I know it!
RainbowPearls chapter 3 . 11/19/2017
It's been a while. wow I just love that phrase. It always bring a happy mood. So sad that she can't get any help right now but I'm sure she will be alright soon, hopefully!
Oh yes, Things aren't the same anymore and I see they wont be same anymore, perhaps.
;D
Jaya Avendel chapter 6 . 11/18/2017
Poor children, driven to death out of their minds. Evil that targets children as victims is the worst kind.

Hmm, the Golden One is a male. That complicates things considerably. Much more then considerably. How is he going to eat her if he finds he loves her? Awkward.

Looking forward to more!
Jaya Avendel chapter 5 . 11/11/2017
The sudden feeling of cold doubt . . . I felt malice and hate at the lines "because I do not need Her interfering with Her selfish desires.

Although the chapter was short, I liked it. You do good endings.
BradytheJust chapter 4 . 11/6/2017
Oh, the suspense!

Even though I know what's going to happen, you've managed to drag me in on the ride all over again. I feel the suspense and Jay's fear as if I'm experiencing it for the first time!

Perfect job Eagles and I can't wait for another chapter!
92 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »