Reviews for Kuroshima
lirianstar chapter 2 . 4/27
Well, that pedobear doc is just disgusting. I applaud Yugo's noble efforts for sure.

This chapter was a lot different than the first - more detective feels to it. Skull with horns? I bet that is important in the future...
Also, it's pretty interesting how quickly Kazumi has become involved in the town's mysteries.

Looking forward to see how Mitsuko and her inn is involved!
lirianstar chapter 1 . 4/26
Interesting plot. Nice start and Kazumi's emotional tubulence is captured quite well.
The premise reminds me of wayward pines and spookesville ...and with the creepy crows? So very freaky!

Nothing major by critique - just the smallest of grammatical errors - (their beady eyes shined a soft red glow), -[ shone with/emitted.] And;
(Their eyes glowed a soft glare )

Also, I just don't get why she would get so freaked out with the letter. If some more details were mentioned, then perhaps yes. Idk, maybe I'm just over thinking it.

Overall, you captured the eerie vibe pretty well. The part about the boy and the machete wielding person legit gave me goosbumps.

Looking forward to more!
historyman101 chapter 3 . 11/20/2017
I don't normally read horror stories, but I have come to like yours (since I did help you along with it, hah). In fact, it feels more like a thriller or a suspense story than a straight-up horror story, which is fine with me. I prefer psychological thrillers, anyway.

Getting to the meat of the review (of the story overall): I like how you've not only taken cues from Higurashi and other anime horror shows but also from some classics as well. The idea of a criminal conspiracy in town reminds me very much of Stephen King, the master of horror. You have a right mix of Japanese folklore, criminality and just general depravity hiding beneath the town's surface.

All the characters are rather endearing, especially Kazumi. She has a few anime tropes, but otherwise her character is very apropos of the story. Inquisitive, curious, and slightly apprehensive about what's going on. She clearly wanted to escape from a bad situation at home, only to find herself in an even worse one in town.

Can't wait to see it all come together, whenever that arrives.