Reviews for -Innocence & Corruption-
Guest chapter 36 . 9/5
This is definitely high quality work. The thought that went into these characters extends beyond my expectations. Alot of these characters have become so dear to me after reading this novel for a little over a year now. It's like I was experiencing the things patience was going through with her though that whole time. I am not usually the one you would see reading a book, but whenever I find a really good book I stick with it. There is a personality in this book for everyone in this novel which I love very much. Not everyone is bubbly and nice like little patience is. I am so glad that it was Leo that took patience in as his adopted daughter. If she had been raised by Vakari everyone would have been angry at the fact that Vakari chose his adopted daughter to be his apprentice. Her credibility would be overshawdowed by biased hurtful opinion. I also love the fact that the pacing in the story was well done except for some areas where there was potential for interesting subplots. The story excells regardless but some areas of the book could have been longer so that it did not feel rushed. Even so they were long enough to get that subplot out of the way and focus on Patience's mission. I can't wait to see the character development of the Tana's apprentices and if new evils await the heros of Shalua. I am also looking forward to seeing more of Tsung in the prequal of this story because his character definitely needed more love in this story. Really amazing job Setsuna, I'm really Proud of you. As your husband I will always support your goals of becoming a published writer one day. After reading your very first finished novel I know you will definitely go far. Nice work babe.
Amber Grandis chapter 36 . 4/24
I have just finished reading this story. I must say, I enjoyed it immensely. Reading about the character's interactions, and seeing them learn and grow was quite a sight to behold. To watch as Patience, the Innocence, journeyed across the island and made new friends (as well as strengthening old ones) was touching. She was truly a light of life - the Magenta Flame that spread across the land, and inspired all with new hope. She faced corruption head on, and in the end, never faltered.
Her true powers lie within the faith of her friends. Strengthened by their faith in her, she never gave up, and pushed through her darkest times. She and Forbearance formed a strong bond, coming to care for each other more through the difficult times. Forgiving each other despite the situation; staying strong and holding to each other no matter the cost - the two prevailed in their quest to find themselves, and each other...

All in all, this is a very intriguing world. I love the character's interactions, and how each one was so individual in personality. I love the lore that was revealed, little by little. Hints of the war beforehand, and of the struggles that formed bonds between the older characters before Patience and the young Tribals were even born.
I enjoyed the exchanges between the Shaluans and the Corrupted; and the touching ending where all becomes united. The darkness itself could not exist forever, even in its most powerful state. Once corruption has been undone, even those tainted by its darkness are left void of the wickedness once consuming their souls. To see the Tana and Shauluans so easy to forgive their longtime foes - it's truly a wonder to behold.

Enough words said. I thoroughly enjoyed this tale, and look forward to reading the related stories. I hope this isn't the last we'll see of Shalua and it's inhabitants. There is much more story that can yet be told (though if there be none, then this conclusion is indeed satisfactory!). Thanks for the read. It's been a long time since I've been so enthralled by a story...
anxiouswriter22 chapter 36 . 3/9
Whoa! I've really enjoyed following this story and am super excited that it's complete. Looking forward to seeing Vengeance & Fate get posted!
LorrahBear chapter 1 . 2/12
This is an interesting start! I wonder why Resilience is listed as a side character - he seemed pretty important here!

Sometimes I felt there was a little extra wordiness (ie: "And, much to his chagrin, he couldn't seem to find his parents anywhere." This one feels not only a little wordy, but also telling instead of showing (much to his chagrin) but also doesn't seem to fit the tone. He should be terrified!), but overall, I enjoyed this first chapter.

I'm looking forward to what Tana has to show Patience.
Erica Pena chapter 5 . 1/30
Hi Stephanie Congratulations for completing your Book I can't wait to finish reading it. I love this book its like watching a movie it my a wonderful day today.
hlwar chapter 2 . 12/8/2017
Hey there, Setsuna! Just sitting down to begin reading your story and wanted to say what a great job you're doing! I've really been admiring all your hard work and dedication to completing your first original novel and I'm very proud of you, my friend! Congrats on 'Innocence and Corruption'!

Within these first two chapters the meaning of the title definitely comes home. The opening prologue is a nice little set-up into the "corruption" and ultimately introducing us to the "innocence", with poor Patience's backstory. I wasn't so sure if her family was actually killed by the Corrupt One, though? I mean, I kinda gathered because you've told me about Léo being her adoptive father, but maybe a little moment to reflect, either from Patience in this chapter as she's listening to her teacher's warning; or from Léo in the beginning, what he saw? Just that little gut-wrenching, definitive punch, you know?

But Patience is so resilient and spunky, it's a testament to how well Léo raised her where she's happy and doesn't seem to dwell on her sad past, losing her family. Everyone is so cheery, actually—it almost makes me wonder what darkness might be lurking underneath this world and the knowledge of the Corrupt Ones. Looking forward to finding out more and watching this world build, and learning about their powers and gems!
ERICA PENA chapter 1 . 11/24/2017
I started reading and I got so interested I couldn't stop reading.
neootaku chapter 1 . 11/15/2017
i really enjoyed this gives me the feeling that sword of mana gave me when i used to play it. i really like it. please keep it up, i cant wait to read more