Reviews for Beautiful Disaster
ghodges137 chapter 10 . 1/18
Yea - I'm glad to see they came to terms and decided to give it a go. Yes, Tom has a good side under his playboy exterior, and he did a good job to hide it. He REALLY owes his friends big time. And I'm glad to see he really had to work to win over Rose. I hope he's learned his lesson and adores Rose for the wonderful person she is. She was disrespected by Austin and really deserves better!
Munchkitten chapter 10 . 1/7
I only read the story now, and I think I would've been overwhelmed by all the stuff Tom did to impress Rose...most of all the songs...I would've run away from embarrassment xD
I like that you're planning to continue the story. Most end right at the point when everything's perfect, but it's afterwards that the real "work" starts... I hope though that Tom won't actually do anything that justifies Rose's reservations!
ghodges137 chapter 9 . 1/1
Wow - things are accelerating. You have to admit, Tom is trying hard to win her over. I keep wanting to tell Tom to give Rose her space - but that makes for a less exciting romance I guess LOL.

I think Rose is right - there is a difference between infatuation and love. Infatuation is one part curiosity and two parts lust. Love is really deep, and can take years to develop. Poor Rose - you can really sense her dilemma.

Tom's lucky he's got some good friends to give him some guidance and advise when he needs it. Especially never to drink when you're angry or sad.

Thanks again for sharing - and Happy New Year! :)
ghodges137 chapter 8 . 12/17/2017
Poor Al - it looks like he has to help Tom win Rose's heart after all. I think Al's advice sounds reasonable, but he needs to tell Tom to make sure he's not too pushy with Rose. At least Tom backed off when she said NO the second time.
ghodges137 chapter 7 . 12/17/2017
Oh my... and so it begins. Rose is losing her resolve - sorry Al! :(
ghodges137 chapter 6 . 12/17/2017
Yeah, Tom still needs a little work on his personality. He's caught up with what he wants - and he wants Rose. But, who's thinking about what Rose wants?

I'm glad to see Mike step in and shut down Tom's little jelly-fit. Perhaps Tom should think about Rose's happiness and support Al for a change. If it was meant to be or not, then time will tell - and either way, at least Tom can feel glad he at least proved himself a gentleman.

I'm still shipping you, bro! :)
ghodges137 chapter 5 . 12/17/2017
Wow - that was the first time Tom didn't seem like such a jerk. But I'm glad to see Rose isn't being gulled into dating him (just yet). Let's see if Tom can really show he can be a one-lady's man.
ghodges137 chapter 4 . 11/22/2017
Poor Al... I can definitely relate to his situation. But, I'm still gonna ship you and Rose, bro!

Yes, this does help redeem Tom a bit. I've known guys who will become players after a real heartbreaking loss. Strangely enough, I had a co-worker at my last job who was the company's male eye-candy but had real trouble getting a solid relationship to work out. Part of it was his own personality, but another part was that he tended to attract plenty of women who weren't interested in a serious relationship. He admitted to me once how it can be frustrating at times. That's why, in my humble opinion, being ugly can be a blessing in disguise.
ghodges137 chapter 3 . 11/18/2017
Something tells me that Rose is the type of person who'll leave cat food outside her back door to feed the stray cats in her neighborhood. She is very caring and sweet - she even feels guilty for trying to leave Tom behind, even after he became very intrusive and drove her to take action to defend herself!

In Tom's defense, you get the sense he's always been a tad immature and thought of dating girls as a game. Now, for the first time, he's starting to feel real attraction. Yes, he comes off as a jerk because he sounds like he just wants a relationship for what he can get out of it. He brags about women like he's out to put notches on his bed post - perhaps if he starts to think in terms of what he'd like to GIVE, maybe we can see that he's just the "unpolished" type of guy who simply needed the right person to inspire him to grow into a decent guy. People can change, it's just that most people don't learn how until it's way too late (if ever). Maybe Mike can give him some advise on that before he's burned his bridges with Rose...

Sorry if I'm being judgmental of Tom - perhaps it's my bitter beta male personality coming out. Tom just reminds me of guys I've known who never deserved the girls they dated, used, and discarded like so many rental cars (sometimes even more than once). Thanks for sharing!
ghodges137 chapter 2 . 11/15/2017
My big brother instinct is twitching here... if I was Rose's brother, I'd be telling Tom to back off before he gets a free rhinoplasty. Tom seems like a total stalker - he's got a LOT to prove!

Now I'm shipping Rose & Al - nice guys for the win! :)

Regardless of my "peanut gallery" comments, thanks for sharing!
ghodges137 chapter 1 . 11/11/2017
I have to admit, I agree with Rose - Tom seems like a total creep. I hope he gets a serious wake-up call about that enormous ego of his. Rose should consider Justin instead - I'm totally shipping them!