Reviews for Chronicles of Sword and Spell
Dark Oracle chapter 27 . 9/19
Ooh, a prophecy? Those are always fun, dreadfully so. I wonder how many people will die for this one?
Dark Oracle chapter 26 . 9/18
Ooh, mention of the Cotillion is starting to pop up. I can't wait to see that play out, hopefully Dana might still make a cameo!
Dark Oracle chapter 25 . 9/5
"But Moooooom! We were having a duel!"
Dark Oracle chapter 24 . 6/27
Hah, I do recall that idea you once had about our characters being merely actors playing out our work as theater, like a performance. Nice throwback!

Congrats on the viewcount, you've done an excellent job, Cross, and I hope to keep reading!
Dark Oracle chapter 23 . 6/2
Power invites challenge and adversity, and it is the nature of mages to seek power. Those who understand this arise to greater heights, controlling their ambition in order to achieve true power. Those who do not will often crash and burn amidst the wreckage of their ego and arrogance.

It is for that reason that reckless mages, concerned with showboating, are troublesome, but ultimately have far more in common with a match than they do with the proverbial loose cannon. Those who cannot control their willful nature burn out, useless and melted by the fires of their ambition...but those who harness their nature and tame it for their own ends? They evolve beyond the tiny flame of a match into a roaring wildfire, for good or ill...
Dark Oracle chapter 22 . 5/2
Some wounds never heal, do they?

Cross will remember this mistake, hopefully, and become a better man and paladin for it.
Dark Oracle chapter 21 . 4/27
Ah...and here we see the young Cross's utter loathing for all things draconian.
WolfGoesBaa chapter 20 . 4/21
Woah, didn't even notice this new chapter until recently. The more I read about Ixis and Ellie, the more I love their pairing. They play off well off one another and are very funny.

So, I'm guessing the plan is to follow their journey through the World's Fangs or maybe have Cross and his party take up some of the parts?

Good Chapter!
Dark Oracle chapter 20 . 4/2
Ixis certainly is a dour fellow, isn't he?

I imagine he and Cross will meet sooner rather than later...but I can't help but wonder what the Order thinks of having a Karakiri amidst their ranks, especially considering his parentage.
WolfGoesBaa chapter 19 . 2/1
This is probably the funniest chapter so far. Ixis and Ellie play well off each other with Willie's talkative and friendly nature and Ixis' cold and quiet demeanor.

Good chapter
Dark Oracle chapter 19 . 1/30
The end of one journey, and the start of another.

Ixis has much to learn, and a long path to tread.
WolfGoesBaa chapter 17 . 1/25
Uhm... can anyone say cool? Boys staring creepily into the waters and raining fish guts. When this chapter began, I thought Ellie was going to die for sure with the number of death flags you planted with the whole - I'm going to be a Paladin and I'm so happy lines. It was almost unbearable... not her happiness but the suspicion that she was so close but she'd ultimately die for some dumb reason. But instead of death, you give us a cool character Ixis.

Thank you!
Dark Oracle chapter 18 . 1/24
Vengeance is a terrible thing...even when well intended, it often causes great tragedy to those the perpetrator holds dear. Much like power, solely devoting one's life to the pursuit of revenge is to seek a wretched end.

Hopefully Kel will be able to find something more to live for, before his quest forces him to become the very thing he hunts...
Burnt Waffle chapter 13 . 1/22
I wanted to refrain from reading this honestly, because I knew it was just gonna break my heart. Cross you've done an excellent job so far with this it's a fun, not wordy and to the point. This reminds me so much of the old BMK. I don't know what's happened to me, it's like I'm censoring myself or some shit lately with my work. It's shit and I know by reading this.

Anyway I gotta get back to fixing that shit. Keep goin' ya passionate bass-tard! XD
Dark Oracle chapter 17 . 1/21
Well, he knows how to show off, I'll give Ixis that much.
38 | Page 1 .. Last Next »