Reviews for Chronicles of Sword and Spell
thejashorrious chapter 40 . 9/11
Was a good read waiting for more
Unbreakable Ark chapter 40 . 8/26
That chapter was amazing, SO worth the wait. The way you write your fight scenes is so well done that I can see them play out as if I'm watching an anime or something. Our young mages' resolve has gotten them through, and now the real training begins. Great stuff as always Cross.
WolfGoesBaa chapter 39 . 4/3
This is why I hate reading stories till the l ast chapter on this site. I like to binge read, so when I feel like I'm getting too close to the end I back away and wait for more chapters. Oh well, guess I'll have to wait.

This was a good training chapter and I like the growth of the characters and their understanding of magic.

To protect!
To destroy!

So cool :).
WolfGoesBaa chapter 38 . 4/3
Coolio! I love that we got more explanation to how magic works and I love the inner voices 9f Kel and Alex in this one. Kel wanting to get stronger because he was vengeance on Gospel and Alex seeking the same thing but so that he can protect his home. This is great, really enjoyed it!
WolfGoesBaa chapter 36 . 4/3
Awww... I really thought they would be able to go further. Oh well, I guess Kel and Alex won't ever go all the way. Good Chapter.

sending a small shriek of pain out of its [throught] - throat

pulling back his fist and connecting with a powerful straight to the beast's face - (might need a rewording)
WolfGoesBaa chapter 34 . 4/3
Hey, first arc in the bag. This is shaping up to be an epic and an enjoyable one,so keep it up!
WolfGoesBaa chapter 33 . 4/3
I like the ending, kind of a roll call of whose who and why they've taken this dangerous journey. These characters seem well fleshed out so far. Good job!

At least, [that what's] he kept reminding himself of - [that is what]

that were waiting to be analyzed [ed] and understood
WolfGoesBaa chapter 32 . 4/3
They totally lucked out... Which is okay, considering they were headed for certain death. The POV for the chapter was all over the place. At some point it seemed we were seeing things from Leon's eyes then Holly then it became all jumbled up. Understandable since we had so many characters, not all fighting the same thing. It's something I also struggle with. But with this they've hopefully passed the last test
WolfGoesBaa chapter 31 . 4/3
A new squire, nice. Youve already introduced a number of characters and I can remember most of them. I must commend you on that. The Paladins test seem overkill though. The scene of dead children you described is kind of disturbing and really puts into perspective how cruel this test really is, espe for aspiring heroes. Nothing too heroic about sending naive kids to their deaths.

She [presson] on as much she could.
WolfGoesBaa chapter 30 . 2/23
Lots of embarrassing moments in this chapter. Seriously, Elephron is good and I'm starting to wonder what exactly is the differ between a mage and wizard. I don't quite remember him from the old Kel lore which leads me to believe that you created him? Regardless, it's good. I love the exchange between him and Kel especially:

Kel felt insulted. "Just who do you think you are?"
"Well, I think I'm the World King. But I know I'm Elephron

This got me thinking about the past chapter, chapter 26 listed as chapter 29 on the site. It's still very good but reading this chapter, it makes me think that the previous was poorly placed. It would have served as a good transition from Kel's story to Cross' or vice versa. But where it is now, it just sort of breaks the flow of Kel's story.

How could she tell her [that wanted to be] closer? - she wanted to be

"Bargha calls [all of his sons] - all of us his sons(?)

I've decided that, you will not be [being] paid for this assignment - (remove, Elpehron has said 'be being' more than once which makes me question if whether it's an author mistake or a habit of his.)
WolfGoesBaa chapter 23 . 2/23
For some reason, I wrote these reviews but did not post them, so here we go!

Woah, Alex from the Kel universe. That's one character I remember loving. Ah... How I sometimes miss the old days. Things had there own simplicity, when I'd get home and try to get through as many pulse quickening Badass Mage chapters as I could. But I can't spend too long rem the old days, cause I'll miss the present too much! On to the next chapter!
WolfGoesBaa chapter 29 . 2/23
Wow, this was an amazing chapter. This is is actually good enough to serve as an opening chapter, it has a nice hook, freak introduction to Leon and an amazing ending. Reading this makes me want to write something as good. Well done.

It was coursing through his down his shoulder,
WolfGoesBaa chapter 27 . 2/22
I don't really care much for this whole prophecy, destiny and fate kind of talk. I've watched too many things involving that which has just left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm looking at you Star Wars and Naruto! But I like how vague this is and how we don't exactly know Kel's part in it, if he has one indeed. So there is wiggle room still.

This World Kong lore sounds interesting. Hopefully you'll build upon it and we can find out more about it.
WolfGoesBaa chapter 26 . 2/22
"I don't care."

Probably the 3 words Elaphron's potential love interests habe heard from him. And what's with him plucking fur from Nekomura without even do much as a warning... The beastkin I see right, he should be in jail. Now I just wonder why Kel of all mahed was summoned here. Guess we'll find out when he is awake... That is if he regains consciousness
WolfGoesBaa chapter 25 . 2/22
There Alex goes, pulling on my heartstrings. So that's his motivation to learning magic, he genuinely wants to help. I like the wholeages are usually arrogant thing. I wonder if you borrowed that from fighter Pilots which I've heard are also very arrogant but they need to be to have the confidence of flying planes in war and thinking they can win in a dog fight.

I wish the fight was a bit more serious, at least so we get to see Alex use some spells but alas, you built the mystery of it all rather nicely. So good job!
72 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »