Reviews for Chronicles of Sword and Spell
Dark Oracle chapter 14 . 1/6/2018
They crushed the bandit raid, but something tells me that their boss isn't going to be happy about it.

I'm curious to learn more about what happened to Ichiko, of course, that was a remarkable event...as well as when Kel and Cross will encounter each other again.
WolfGoesBaa chapter 7 . 1/5/2018
Ha, if this journey was so easy then why are their no more Paladins and why does the author insist on spelling it with a capital 'J'. I'm guessing this won't be a walk in the park for Cross and co. Let's hope his group survives.

their [backs] on their backs and their weapons at their sides - [bags?]
WolfGoesBaa chapter 6 . 1/5/2018
Speak of the devil and he appears in the next chapter. So this is where we first see Cross. I like the fact that this is a younger and weaker version of the character with none of the whole unexplained pulling swords out of mid air thing. And the fights against the monsters were well done but I'd expect nothing less from CrossPaladin.

The only problem I had with this chapter was how bland the conversation between the master and student was. I guess it's because not much of Alwnyd's personality came through. Although it hinted at important things, so I guess it wasn't bad.

Hopefully this story lasts long enough for us to see big character and world development for Cross.
Dark Oracle chapter 13 . 1/4/2018
Hopefully that stuck up raider mage gets what Kel's got coming to her. It's interesting to see that Tross feels determined to protect his "brethren" so eagerly, given the usual inclinations of a bandit.
Dark Oracle chapter 12 . 1/3/2018
With mages, it's always hard to tell, though something tells me that it will not end well for the bandit's side.
Dark Oracle chapter 11 . 1/3/2018
"You either win the game of bandits, or you die."

Wait, no, that doesn't sound right...

Looks like it is quite the perilous journey to become a paladin, indeed, with murderous folk like that on the roads.
WolfGoesBaa chapter 5 . 1/1/2018
So far it's more Kel than Cross, more spell than sword, which makes me wonder which version of Cross we'll see, if he makes an appearance. I'm liking the nod to BLOW with the knight and batgirl looking for Kel... some things are written in stone I guess.

Usually Kel's personality really grates on me but this one is endearing. He's powerful as always but his bumbling efforts to protect Ichilo and Ragna makes him a little more endearing... a little.
WolfGoesBaa chapter 1 . 1/1/2018
I hear that. Reading the old BMK also inspired me to write my own little long winded ditty. It'll also be nice to see a Cross story running side by side with this.
Dark Oracle chapter 10 . 12/23/2017
And so, that was the start of a, uh..."friendship" that would change the world.
Dark Oracle chapter 9 . 12/18/2017
Two very different people, yet their destinies are very closely intertwined..
Dark Oracle chapter 8 . 12/14/2017
Can't say that's the most flattering nickname, "Red Tits", but what can ya do?
Dark Oracle chapter 7 . 12/6/2017
All journeys start somewhere. Many don't end pleasantly.

Cross's will be long. It will be harsh. And it will be full of all the joys and tragedies that life can offer. There's no promise behind that, none at all.
Dark Oracle chapter 6 . 12/4/2017
Talk about training.
I guess you have to experience the worst before you can become the best, yeah?
Dark Oracle chapter 5 . 12/4/2017
Nice to see he's finally taking *something* seriously now!
Dark Oracle chapter 4 . 12/1/2017
One would hope that Kel soon realizes that there's something bigger going on, but he may need to see it firsthand
78 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 Next »