Reviews for Yggdrasilian Chronicles Book 1
Morrowseer chapter 31 . 4/14/2019
First of all, congratulations! And thank you for the story. Book 1 first came out in 2017 and it’s 2019 now, so it took you 3 years to write it I think, but I’m bad at math so who knows. Anyway, my point is you stuck with your book, most all authors on this website post maybe 5 chapters and get discouraged, overwhelmed, lose interest, get lazy, and so on. But you suck with it to the end, so I would like to congratulate you and thank you for that.

I would like to say that I very much enjoyed this story. It’s video game/anime like battles where exciting, especially the big final battle, which was bittersweet (or just plain sad) as well. I like our group of heroes, they’re definitely people I will be cheering for! Even the bitchy elf, because she seems to be good at heart, though not someone you would traditionally see as a hero. That’s what makes it different and interesting. The only question I have is, why do anime people have such colorful hair?

As a critical reader I did find a few flaws, because nothing is perfect anyway. Sometimes there are too many characters to keep track of in one place (I already left this in a past review so I won’t elaborate on this) especially at the final chapter when all the knights were getting introduced, yeah I’m not going to remember all those people. But yeah when like 12 characters are in one place all together doing stuff it can be hard to make that picture in our heads.

Another thing was that your actual writing felt kind of empty. For example, you know how you read like Lord of the Rings or the Hobbit, and the world seems so full because the page is full of words to describe the word, thus making it seem fuller. (Though I have to say Lord of the Rings bores me to death because it over describes way too many things) Then there’s children’s books (or middle grade books, I should say) These books are written short-hand, meaning they describe so much using very little wording. Some people like short-handed writing, while other prefer more long-handed writing like Tolkien. (I myself love it when books are written in the middle, not too wordy like LotR, but not too less like the middle grade books)

Well the point of me telling you all that was, you see the major problem I see at least with your writing is that it’s not on that spectrum. It sort of like, reminds me of reading bullet points. You see, your not a bad writer, you just don’t really have a style to your writing. I think I figured that out, and I think I was able to explain that good (hopefully). But you don’t have to listen to me of course, I’m just saying what goes through my head as a reader.

Anyway I really enjoyed reading your story and I hope book 2 comes out soon. See you then!
Morrowseer chapter 30 . 4/14/2019
Wonderful conclusion. After this I wonder where they’re going from here, or what other things may pop up. However looks like that’s all gonna be in book 2.
Morrowseer chapter 29 . 4/14/2019
The story is getting tense. Thank you for giving me ANXIETY
Morrowseer chapter 28 . 4/14/2019
Finally, the final awesome battle is here. Well not the big huge series final battle, but still the final battle for book 1 none the less.
Morrowseer chapter 27 . 4/14/2019
Excellent battles
Morrowseer chapter 26 . 4/14/2019
Yes everything is coming together quite nicely. This is where the adventure took them so far.
Morrowseer chapter 25 . 4/14/2019
Another fine chapter
Morrowseer chapter 24 . 4/14/2019
I can sense a boss battle coming up, our heroes better grind
Morrowseer chapter 23 . 4/13/2019
And so the friends part, for now
Morrowseer chapter 22 . 4/13/2019
I kind of forgot where they are going and what they are supposed to be doing. I think maybe they where hunting the king of trolls or something. Or was it to find that elf princess? Guess I’ll find out.
Morrowseer chapter 21 . 4/13/2019
Another great chapter. The only criticism I can think to give is that it can be confusing with so many characters, but I guess that can’t really be helped because they are needed for the plot and all. Since this is based of an rpg, we actually get to see characters on the screen, which makes it way easy to keep track of all the characters. But in a book, we have to imagine all the characters in our heads, so it can be difficult to keep track of everyone. I guess that is one thing that does not translate very well from a video game to a book. The other thing I’ve noticed is the actual writing is kind of empty, I guess you could say. Like it’s also harder to imagine the surroundings because there’s not enough words to work with, if you know what I mean. I’m not sure how to fix that problem exactly though, because I struggle with that problem as well. What I do is read a book that gets a really good picture in my head, then I try to write out my stuff like they did. It’s really hard though.
Morrowseer chapter 20 . 4/12/2019
Ahh nothing like reading a video game style battle, except actually playing the game of course. It really gets the testosterone pumping
Morrowseer chapter 19 . 4/12/2019
Finally the annoyingly busy part of my life is over for now and I can get back into my hobbies. Which includes this story. Nice fight btw can’t wait to see the outcome
C. M. Brighid Bachleda chapter 1 . 4/5/2019
I look forward to reading more and hope to see this complete in the future...
Sir Scott chapter 31 . 2/24/2019
I'm always sad to finish a book, but overall the adventure was worth it. Lots of stuff happened here. I had nearly forgotten Cress. I hope he gets things together. Until we see each other again.
~Sir Scott