Reviews for Hunter the Mage Knight
Jae Hwa chapter 3 . 1/17
Hunter is starting to look more like a character with dimension now! I also understand how Hunter feels, I used to absolutely /loathe/ getting help from others, but once I realized asking for help isn't bad... I never did anything by myself again. Heh.

Dice sounds like someone destined to defect to the dark side no matter what, but Keathrus should have noticed the darkness in his heart, right? After all, with age comes wisdom, and being able to tell what's within someone's heart is a part of wisdom.
Jae Hwa chapter 2 . 1/17
So, we learn the backstory between Hunter and Dice. This is a rather short chapter, I must add. Try making your chapters longer :) General Ax sounds like a dependable character, despite the name. Look forward to the next chapter!
Jae Hwa chapter 1 . 1/13
Although the use of introducing characters in media res is used very often, it's a way to keep the reader's interest right at the beginning and showcase your character's personality and so on. Hunter seemed to be too good in too much, almost making his an effective Gary Sue, saved by his greed for money. But he could still become one if you're not careful.

Comparing two characters to describe them is a clever way to describe someone without making it seem unnatural. The goblins attacking a castle despite being untrained and wielding weak weapons seems a bit out of place, but I have a feeling it wasn't their idea. I like how they are named, Kelfin and Hunter and Dice.

I think that's all I'm going to say. There was an Elsword ad playing while I was writing this and the character was a knight too. Haha.
lirianstar chapter 1 . 1/3
Interesting start! I like how you have started right in the middle of an action scene- and the details plus overall writing are pretty enjoyable. I'll keep reading.
Ckh chapter 8 . 12/29/2017
You nailed down ten year old speech for the most part. The action scene was decent.
Ckh chapter 6 . 12/29/2017
Huh, so teleportation is an unique ability. Cool. I take it that there are other unique abilities in this world? Simultaneous flashbacks wut. This cements Dice as the one true rival.
Ckh chapter 5 . 12/28/2017
Nothing much happens in this chapter, like the previous one - and thats a good thing. More often than not, some stories get too caught up in the action, resulting in the story feeling a bit crammed. These chapters help break away from the endless fight scene trap. We also get to learn more about the world of Hunter and Cross too, so thats a plus in my book.
Ckh chapter 4 . 12/28/2017
Ah, classic shonen friendship. The dialogue is good here.
Ckh chapter 3 . 12/19/2017
The story might be rushed in places and the fight scenes could have more details but I have a soft spot for direct and fast paced stories like this. The humour helps.
J.Kuzzey chapter 1 . 12/18/2017
I don't believe I've read anything of yours before so this is a first for me.
Overall I really liked this first chapter. I'm not going to bog this review down with little personal preferences or nitpicks because I don't typically read fantasy. I enjoyed that we were dropped right into the action. It gives us enough of an edge or sense of danger to get me interested. I also like that this wasn't an info-dump of background information or exposition that can just be explored later. There might have been some grammar mistakes, but if there were they were too small to distract me from the work.
Only thing is I would really dig a bit more detail. I like that you're not wasting my time with super over the top imagery to describe situations and scenes, but a tad bit more description in the narration would be nice. If just to suck me in a bit more, and get my brain moving in the form of pictures and not just words.

Like I said, nice first chapter. I'll be swing back for more.