Reviews for Hunter the Mage Knight
lirianstar chapter 3 . 3/16
Well Dice sure skedaddled out of there fast!
Looks like he was always evil since the start... Or is there more to the story?

I look forward to seeing him again.

And a plague beast? Sounds like the start of a deadly apocalyptic plan.
Ckh chapter 13 . 1/30
Tbf, Ork has a point about Ax's name...

The action is ramping up, sweet. Ax a demigod huh? I can get behind that. So I take it that gods exist in this word...interesting info.

I like reading mage knight, its just that I often don't have much to say about it. If it means anything, I would gladly read a chapter of this for my morning routine, if you do update of course. Sorry for getting back to you so late.

I was urm procrastinating. A lot. And I have to get back to some other stuff now, I guess.
Ckh chapter 12 . 1/30
"It was in ruin(s)" - typo here.

And the rival battle begins, leggo!
Ckh chapter 11 . 1/30
I can't say Memories of Ramiden was anything special but it was good for a flashback arc. I felt that the action scenes were done well enough and the chapters were easy to digest. Hunter does seem to be more naive in his backstory - to be perfectly honest, I would had thunderbolt'ed the kid too. Call me cruel but it pays to be careful to a magic world. But yeah, I totally get his perspective about the morally right thing to do.

In all, Memories of Ramiden was a very serviceable arc. Hunter should had known better than to red flag himself with a flashback kappa.
Jae Hwa chapter 3 . 1/17
Hunter is starting to look more like a character with dimension now! I also understand how Hunter feels, I used to absolutely /loathe/ getting help from others, but once I realized asking for help isn't bad... I never did anything by myself again. Heh.

Dice sounds like someone destined to defect to the dark side no matter what, but Keathrus should have noticed the darkness in his heart, right? After all, with age comes wisdom, and being able to tell what's within someone's heart is a part of wisdom.
Jae Hwa chapter 2 . 1/17
So, we learn the backstory between Hunter and Dice. This is a rather short chapter, I must add. Try making your chapters longer :) General Ax sounds like a dependable character, despite the name. Look forward to the next chapter!
Jae Hwa chapter 1 . 1/13
Although the use of introducing characters in media res is used very often, it's a way to keep the reader's interest right at the beginning and showcase your character's personality and so on. Hunter seemed to be too good in too much, almost making his an effective Gary Sue, saved by his greed for money. But he could still become one if you're not careful.

Comparing two characters to describe them is a clever way to describe someone without making it seem unnatural. The goblins attacking a castle despite being untrained and wielding weak weapons seems a bit out of place, but I have a feeling it wasn't their idea. I like how they are named, Kelfin and Hunter and Dice.

I think that's all I'm going to say. There was an Elsword ad playing while I was writing this and the character was a knight too. Haha.
lirianstar chapter 1 . 1/3
Interesting start! I like how you have started right in the middle of an action scene- and the details plus overall writing are pretty enjoyable. I'll keep reading.
Ckh chapter 8 . 12/29/2017
You nailed down ten year old speech for the most part. The action scene was decent.
Ckh chapter 6 . 12/29/2017
Huh, so teleportation is an unique ability. Cool. I take it that there are other unique abilities in this world? Simultaneous flashbacks wut. This cements Dice as the one true rival.
Ckh chapter 5 . 12/28/2017
Nothing much happens in this chapter, like the previous one - and thats a good thing. More often than not, some stories get too caught up in the action, resulting in the story feeling a bit crammed. These chapters help break away from the endless fight scene trap. We also get to learn more about the world of Hunter and Cross too, so thats a plus in my book.
Ckh chapter 4 . 12/28/2017
Ah, classic shonen friendship. The dialogue is good here.
Ckh chapter 3 . 12/19/2017
The story might be rushed in places and the fight scenes could have more details but I have a soft spot for direct and fast paced stories like this. The humour helps.
J.Kuzzey chapter 1 . 12/18/2017
I don't believe I've read anything of yours before so this is a first for me.
Overall I really liked this first chapter. I'm not going to bog this review down with little personal preferences or nitpicks because I don't typically read fantasy. I enjoyed that we were dropped right into the action. It gives us enough of an edge or sense of danger to get me interested. I also like that this wasn't an info-dump of background information or exposition that can just be explored later. There might have been some grammar mistakes, but if there were they were too small to distract me from the work.
Only thing is I would really dig a bit more detail. I like that you're not wasting my time with super over the top imagery to describe situations and scenes, but a tad bit more description in the narration would be nice. If just to suck me in a bit more, and get my brain moving in the form of pictures and not just words.

Like I said, nice first chapter. I'll be swing back for more.