Reviews for StarLight Q
Brendan Rizzo chapter 10 . 4/9
Come now, we all know that any animated adaptation of this series would have the cast speaking English. I'd draw the characters, and we would have to find women to voice all the girls. Based solely on demographics, they would probably have American accents, which would be weird to you since the characters are Japanese and you are British. (Now it's dawned on me that your mental voice of Black Star is probably more like a chav than anything else...)

Shintaro's got an intriguing backstory there. He probably isn't native to the card game anime, but his show is reminding me of Yu Yu Hakusho or something. And it's nice to see everyone actually fight instead of just give a finishing blow. Black Star, at least, is able to fight other enemies than monsters and other magical girls.
Brendan Rizzo chapter 9 . 3/22
Yup, everybody in this town is a moron.

Naturally, the Team Rocket disguise will completely fool the heroes when they get there.

...I knew Makoto wouldn’t _really_ kick a puppy, and since King Deathmurder’s a moron, he won’t question it.

So, since we know the two supernatural anime filmed in Mitsuzawa are this one and the card game one, we now must speculate on the genre of the third. Something tells me it’s a slice of life romantic comedy, possibly starring Ryouichi and Maki or something.

And Amaya is becoming disturbingly like her mother.
Brendan Rizzo chapter 8 . 3/14
Well, King Deathmurder seems to be fully understanding of the tropes by now. Unfortunately for Makoto, she probably is going to be found out, and bad things will happen to her. Just imagine her trying to convince White Star and the others that she isn’t evil. She has no chance!

And who is Shizukesa?

But happy White Day, and I’ll talk to you later.
Brendan Rizzo chapter 7 . 2/16
Some of these tryouts don't seem to realize this is for real, but at least some of them are probably actually gonna be King Deathmurder's minions. Personally I hope Shintaro turns out to be one of them.

Well, this will be exciting. It'll be more than just Monsters of the Week.
Brendan Rizzo chapter 6 . 2/7
I don't think King Deathmurder's quite getting it. Clearly, he IS incompetent if he did what he just did. And I like how all the library's books on "love" actually describe highly dysfunctional relationships. Anime, you never fail to disappoint.

But Hitomi probably should have answered the ad straight, in order to gain King Deathmurder's trust so she could bring him down more easily. But that wouldn't be very heroic.
Brendan Rizzo chapter 5 . 1/30
Now I'm half-expecting King Deathmurder to have an existential crisis and eventually turn good, but not before the end of the season at best.
Brendan Rizzo chapter 4 . 1/25
Well, Sanae, this was all your fault. You could have snuck up on him and used your ultimate attack, but no, you had to catch his attention and alert him to the emblems.

And I don't know, Amaya, what kind of chuunibyou name is Black Star?

Meanwhile, Hinata is eating Tide pods.
Brendan Rizzo chapter 3 . 1/19
Yay, another chapter.

Hitomi, you got to control that sweet tooth. You'll get tooth decay, never mind the sleep deprivation that will only get worse now that you are a magical girl. (Then again, they have to get energy to fight the monsters from somewhere.)

And it turns out that Mitsuzawa isn't in Japan at all, but America, hence why Chika can hide there undetected. (I can make those jokes because I'm American. ;-P)

Again, this is probably something from the first chapter of the first installment which I forgot, but I don't remember Amaya wearing a hat. (She wouldn't be allowed to wear it in school, right?) And I chuckled at the game her mom was playing: just combine the two most popular games of the Tumblr community. (I wonder how that would work?)

Something tells me those little event flags will be essential to the plot, but that the pink-haired girl is a minor character who will never be mentioned again.
Brendan Rizzo chapter 2 . 1/9
Well, THAT subplot from the original ended anticlimactically...

But we have a new plot? Involving gathering the plot coupons to forge new emblems? Ah, this is gonna be derailed spectacularly.
Brendan Rizzo chapter 1 . 1/3
Cool, the sequel started! I'm surprised you didn't take the opportunity to call it "StarBright".

I bet a million bucks Blue Moon is evil. No case of "Remember the New Guy" has ever turned out well.