Reviews for Discarded
Guest chapter 29 . 4h
I should be mad at Tristan for doing that to Sophie especially since his reason for doing so was purely jealousy, but I can’t help but find the whole thing kind of funny. He’s the one who divorced Sophie yet now that he knows of Alfie he can’t stand the idea of Sophie possibly starting a relationship with another man.
dipsydoodle1 chapter 28 . 5h
I'm chuckling at Tristan's new found obsession. He's so clueless when it comes to relationships. I guess he's getting paybacks for the heartbreak he caused Sophie during their marriage.
Guest chapter 27 . 2/23
Again I’m strangely looking forward to seeing more of Tristan. I’m also curious what Minette will think of Sophie if/when they meet.
Amelie chapter 27 . 2/23
Glad Aberley is back at sommerfield
Reader chapter 25 . 2/23
Absolutely loving this so far! You have a special way with creating the perfect plot. Eager to read more and a great big thank you for regular updates. It's well appreciated.
Guest chapter 25 . 2/22
Loving this story! Thank you so much for the updates!
Guest chapter 25 . 2/22
I think I’m actually disappointed that this isn’t a Tristan pov chapter. Maybe he’s starting to grow on me.
Munchkitten chapter 24 . 2/22
Wow, Tristan finally starts behaving a like a normal person...well, at least a little ;) I can't wait to see more of that.
Guest chapter 24 . 2/22
The brother plot was fine. Most people do not want anything bad to happen to their family regardless of what has happened to them. Children who are taken from their homes only want to be with the parents that have abused them. Frankly, her not wanting her brother in the deepest parts of her life and not wanting him around her until he cleans his act up are not the same as her wanting him to spend his time in prison and possibly die there. That's just realistic.

My issue with Tristan was that he was unnecessarily cold and is selfish. I understand it was his upbringing that made him that way, but at the same time, we had Minnette, who was sweet and kind and had brighter thoughts about the world. Most of what we saw about Tristan was how he wanted to buy a child from the mother and treat him as an object. Recently, he is getting better at showing he wants to be an integral part of his son's life, more than likely because of the mother he was so ready to throw away. I think him being with his child has softened him to his child, but for the mother, I think he will have to do much better for how he's spoken to her, thinks about her, and all the ways he has treated her.

Tristan's character is less robotic and more human at this moment because we have been given a better look into how he feels about his son on a more emotional and scared level. I guess part of what we did not get in the beginning from Tristan was his fear as a driving force, it was always his greed and anger. It seemed like he pushed at Sophie mostly for greed for his son and anger, but less because he might have been genuinely scared for his son or even his position.

Or maybe he should just be a dick until this point where he takes Sophie into consideration and is acting a little less selfish.
Guest chapter 24 . 2/21
Is Tristan actually experiencing jealousy? I didn’t even think that was possible! It’s actually kinda nice to get a glimpse at him in such a state be honest.
beachrosey chapter 22 . 2/20
Great chapter.
dipsydoodle1 chapter 20 . 2/19
Had to catch up on the story and I have to say it is very good. I like the conflict in Tristan. He is obviously a result of his upbringing, but there are glimpses of a desire to not make the same mistakes his father did. Sophie is doing well to not deck him when he acts snotty. Heh.
Guest chapter 20 . 2/19
I agree with the brother thing. It just paints everyone involved in a bad light and makes Sophie’s action seem rather unrealistic. After everything Oliver has done to her including trying to convince her to sell Alfie to Tristan I just don’t see Sophie coming to Oliver’s rescue this time around especially given how protective she is of Alfie. I think she’d need a better reason to sign papers claiming that her son is Tristan’s a man she believes wants to take Alfie away from everyone he knows and lock him away than getting her undeserving brother who she’s not on the best of terms with out of a lengthy prison sentence. I can only really see her agreeing to Tristan’s terms if it’s actually somehow in Alfie’s best interest. Not what’s in the best interest for Oliver. Sophie’s stubborn but not stupid and I think Tristan’s smart enough to find a way to get her to sign the papers without threatening to have her brother imprisoned. Or maybe something happens that would want her to get Alfie away from that area.
Guest chapter 20 . 2/19
Yes, drop the brother plot and add a more sympathetic character for Sophie to save. Like a brother in law or sister in law who needs money and Tristan gives the money in exchange for Sophie and Alfie moving in the house. She still wouldn’t like him from the beginning but the situation would make him a more sympathetic character. He can act like he did it for getting Alfie but we could see his thoughts that he felt some sympathy for the family.
Guest chapter 20 . 2/19
Hello, new reader here! It's a good thing I read your note because I at least understand Tristan a little better. But before that, I found it hard to relate to him because he came off to me as prejudiced, entitled, and lacking a sense of accountability-especially whenever he argued with Sophie after they moved in. If it's any consolation, his interactions with Alfie do soften him up. I also admire Sophie's tenacity and grit. Overall, I like the development of the story.
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »