Reviews for Nobody Can Save Me
FoldedHands chapter 4 . 3/6
Ahh...that's a shame about her sister. Aether doesn't have much of a connection with her either, but she seems like the only one worth considering when it comes to how Aether leaving will hurt other people. Especially since she's still a kid and will be losing her big sister.
FoldedHands chapter 3 . 2/22
It's bizarre that the space administration is deciding to create a colony on an asteroid that will be passing Earth briefly before being completely out of reach for two decades, when their attempted colony on the Moon failed. It's kind of like failing at building a shed but then going ahead with an attempt to build a house. Kind of a suicidal plan on the part of the people going, too.

I can kind of see where Aether's logic is coming from...Earth is the hub of humanity, so if you are sick of humanity then flee to the stars. But at the same time, she won't have the freedom to shed her humanity on this asteroid because she's going to be crammed into a small space with hundreds of other people all working together to create a sustainable colony. She's going to be forced into human contact more than ever.
FoldedHands chapter 2 . 2/15
The story keeps referring to Sammy and Chloe as Aether's friends, but it certainly doesn't feel like she actually considers them friends. Sammy sounds like someone she always just put up with because she didn't know what else to do with her, and Chloe sounds like someone that she was forced into close proximity with but doesn't actually like. I'm not sure if Aether is just lying to herself about considering those two her friends or what. Whatever she was like in the past, in definitely doesn't seem like she's capable of connecting with people like that in the present.

I'm not sure what to make of the story yet. The protagonist is pretty empty inside, which makes it hard to relate to her (at least for me). One thing that keeps me interested in spite of that is finding out what's occurred in her life to bring her to this point. Deciding to abandon Earth to live on an asteroid (and I don't yet know what the plan there is yet, but just the concept doesn't sound like it would sustain life for very long) is pretty extreme. I'm also puzzled about how she's managed to become part of this program. I'm guessing that whatever Mr. Lee is doing for her, it isn't strictly legal.

On a more technical side of things, your word choice and sentence structure so far is very good. I'm not practiced enough at analyzing sentences to give more specific feedback, but the tone of the writing fits the situation well and when figurative speech is used it's sparingly enough that it doesn't feel excessively poetic.

I'll keep on reading and keep letting you know what I think!
SapphireStargazer chapter 1 . 2/6
ahhh why doesn't this have any reviews yet?

I've only read the first chapter so far, but I am impressed, intrigued and itching for more time to be able to read the rest. I promise to leave an actually constructive review once I've gotten a little further into it.