Reviews for Philautia
Daniel Affaro chapter 5 . 3/1
I really liked this. While the mystery is still in the background, this chapter added a nice amount of levity.

Kalos isn't really doing much to dispel my suspicion but at the same time he's not really doing anything incriminating. Perhaps I'm just hyper aware of him, though, considering the context that he first appeared as a character. There is, after all, still the possibility of the stalker being a character we haven't met yet.

Keep up the good work! I'm really liking the regular output of chapters; it's something I struggle with so seeing someone have a good schedule is always something I admire.
Daniel Affaro chapter 4 . 2/27
I feel like this might be misdirection, but for right now Kalos is setting off some serious alarm bells for me. I think he might be the stalker, but I don't want to commit to anything too definitively.

One thing I feel like I'm missing is: Did Mia always work at the coffee shop? I'm not sure if it was mentioned before, and I don't remember if her lifeguard job was ever brought up again after the first chapter. If I'm missing something I might have to go back and re-read, to make sure.
Daniel Affaro chapter 3 . 2/15
I was a bit thrown by the beginning of this chapter; where it started so suddenly I was sure I'd missed something from last time or accidentally skipped a chapter. After a few sentences though I realised what was going on. This is one of those things I think is a bit of a handicap reading something chapter-by-chapter — if I was reading this as a novel and read through continuously I wouldn't have been so confused.

That being said though I did enjoy this chapter a lot.

I'm liking where this is going so far and I'm enjoying the increasing intensity. I also was particularly fond of how you wrote her friends' conversation; often writers try and make characters either too good or too bad, so I like that even though the friends are clearly good people and care about her, they still act like people and have doubts because they're not experiencing it themselves.

One thing I will say though is don't feel like you need to apologise for chapter length. They can be as long or short as you the author require them to be — write what you think fits and is appropriate for what you want to convey, don't stretch yourself trying to accommodate a word count or a specific length. Having things flow at your own pace is always better than stretching to meet a quota.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter!
Daniel Affaro chapter 2 . 2/12
I really like the characterisation in this chapter, as well as the inclusion of the meanings behind flowers. I've featured the language of flowers in one of my stories before so it's always nice seeing it when it shows up in others' work.

The subtle plot progression is also nice, after a first chapter with a drowning, a potential stalker and especially that cliffhanger, I appreciate that it has slowed down from that breakneck pace.
Daniel Affaro chapter 1 . 2/12
A really strong beginning here. You've done really well at building tension and I have a good idea for who the characters are. I can't wait to see what happens next!