Reviews for Considering Christianity
Sir Scott chapter 8 . 8/16/2018
There is a Gospel of Judas, which suppose to shed light on the subject. I haven't read it. I read a theory about Judas' betrayal, which states that Judas did not betray Jesus, but was sent on a mission by Jesus, so that he would be crucified by the Romans. This idea would change Judas' place in history if it was ever proven. Pretty informative series of essays. I did find a book that might of interest to you it is called The World's Sixteen Crucified Saviors by Kersey Graves. It is in the public domain and can be read on the Internet. Good luck to you.
Sir Scott chapter 7 . 8/16/2018
There is a book called the gospel of Nicodemus, which tells the story of Pilate's involvement in the whole affair. Of course, it isn't in the canon. It's been years since I read it, but if memory serves me right Pilate became a Christian and was later martyred.
Sir Scott chapter 5 . 8/16/2018
Interesting chapter. Quoting Wikipedia as a source isn't really a good idea as it changes all the time. I have read Elaine Pagels and Manly P. Hall, but never Bart Ehrman. but I have heard mixed opinions of him. According to the occult, which Hall was a member of, that the dying god was a motif. I can name
Odin as a famous example. He crucified himself to a tree and declared that only Odin can crucify Odin.
In the ancient times there were guilds, who oversaw most of the writing. So Peter would not have had to actually write the works to be the author of the works attributed to him. I believe that one of the professional scribes did sign one of the Pauline epistles for example. I will keeping on reading as this topic is of an interest to me.