Reviews for Ever After
Gespry-Locksley chapter 16 . 8/9
I'm so sad to have this story end, but I'm glad that you've got a prequel planned. As for the other stories you've outlined I'd love to read them all! Not helpful but it's the truth. LOL You left me wondering what would be come of Lela and the other changelings. Would they return to the outside world or find places among the fairies? What of Mangus, he's at loose ends too. I'd love to see your ideas for the residents of Wych Wood Hills. I guess I see it as something like magical Waverly Sanitarium. Anyway, I love your stories.
Alouise Briggslay chapter 16 . 8/9
I don't mind in the least. I think posting them online kinda takes away any attempt at privacy anyhow - the whole once posted, its always out there thing... if only I could access my old Doll Palace stories...

Rush! /3
I was hoping he'd get a happier ending, though I'm not overly surprised with the direction you took it. I really just wanna wrap the poor guy in blankets and shove him in a padded room for safe keeping.

But seriously? The end of Rush's POV was brutal! Its so open ended! What does he have planned for Mother Dearest? What does she have planned for him? You're evil, just so you know.
And Maggie leaving after everything she did to get back to the other changelings, to keep them safe - and the curse. What does that mean? I have this image of her aging in fast forward over a span of a few days and turning to dust now that she's not under the curse... How did it break? Was it the damage to Madam Fairchild's heart, or Magnus? Or the goose-guide guy?
And Lela! There wasn't a yes/no on her.

Despite everything I just said, I loved this (definitely not as polished as the other chapters, a little awkwardly clunky to read here and there, and way too short - though I feel that way about every chapter) and it was incredible. I don't know if I want the prequel or a ten-years-later Rush/Maggie reunion more (or at least whatever Rowan wants from Rush)... I really hope you at least do a short Rush/Maggie reunion at some point (ohhh, and Lela/Fitz ;D), just because.

Sighs. No more Rush...

Not to rush or anything, because you've more than earned a writing hiatus from all the excellency you've poured out, but how long do you suppose until you start your next work?

Exceptional, brilliant, all those amazing adjectives and whatnot. I love this world you've made and I think I may just read it again soon.
Alouise Briggslay chapter 15 . 7/27
Yes for Magnus and the magic flute! Lela's so coming back, given she only just died... Here's hoping, anyways.

Please tell me Madam is wrong about Rush. Oh. Is the next (final?) chapter gonna be set a year or so later or something?

And Toothy! She only got a taste of freedom. Poor thing. I wanna draw her, and maybe everyone, but I really can't be bothered going back to find physical descriptions.

Blah. Awesome as always. Exceptional, fantastic, life-sucking and soul-consuming. I love, love, love this world and I'm so, so glad about the other fics you have planned. Shame about your exhaustion, of course but I suppose you could say its expected with this kind of genius. You deserve a break (though I would much rather you didnt, because I'm selfish like that).

And my review is less of a review and more of a ramble...
Gespry-Locksley chapter 15 . 7/27
I'm interested to see how Rush reacts to Maggie running and his mother aiding her, and what happens to the changelings. Looking forward to the next chapter as always!
Alouise Briggslay chapter 14 . 7/6
Lela!

I want to stop reading this because you killed her off - right when I was really starting to adore her - but I can't and won't because I love this world too much. I was totally 'shipping her and Fitz, too.

Which, yes, I loved Fitz in this. Who knew the clown would become the voice of reason! I'm so proud of him.

And the Tooth Fairy - genius. I didn't see it coming and God, it was so awesome! Vegetarian fae makes a whole lot more sense now. So does her bloody torment of the trapped changelings.

This just keeps getting better and better. Do we kind out more about the wooden geese and the stranger before this ends? Or in the prequel?

Bloody awesome as always. Definitely can't wait for the other two chapters.
Gespry-Locksley chapter 14 . 7/6
Leon grabbing Maggie's shadow was a stroke of genius. Leaving me hanging on to see if Lela survives is heart wrenching. I'm loving it!
Gespry-Locksley chapter 13 . 6/16
I love the idea of a magical wooden goose leading Magnus to the farmhouse and Lena not relying on what Maggie would do. Lena has come a long way as a character. Nicely done!
Alouise Briggslay chapter 13 . 6/13
Go Lela! She's probably the bravest of them all. Was Hank able to hold off because he hadn't been dead as long?

I didn't expect Magnus to show up again. I can see his addition is gonna be interesting. I did wonder about Darrius and Rowan, too, but I got swept away with all the other distractions.

Now, I'm curious. How did Madam Fairchild avoid all the changeling-like stuff that comes with heart removal? Is it because she's a faery?

Loved it. Sorry for the half hearted review, people wont stop coming into work... XD
Alouise Briggslay chapter 12 . 6/2
Haha, swearing doesn't bother me, even directed at me, so you've got nothing to apologise for. I didn't even think you were swearing with the first stars, you're too nice for that. :p

As incredible as ever. I am curious about whether Anna is actually haunting Leon or if he's just lost it enough that she's a part if his consciousness that's telling him things he already knows but can't admit to himself... Either way, sounds like life for Mags is about to get horrible.

Poor Rush. I wanna steal him away from that horrible cage. And then mirror! I'm so looking forward to that coming into play. Mirror Girl is interesting as heck.

Amazing as always. This chapter was exceptional.
Gespry-Locksley chapter 11 . 5/19
The plot thickens. You know just how to twist and turn the story in the best of ways. I love it.
Alouise Briggslay chapter 11 . 5/18
Ooh. Rumpelstiltskin vibes from the girl in the mirror. I really wanna know who she is. Does it have to do with the box (and was the box/crying Madam baby related?)?

And wow, just wow. I can see this is chapter is gonna make things interesting. And Mister Fairchild, I like him. Or, that first memory of him.

Incredible, as always.
Alouise Briggslay chapter 10 . 5/3
Ooh, I'll only be mildly heartbroken if your forget about the other changelings in favour of writing more Rush. ;D

You should definitely give the 'Zombieland' series a go - they're definitely not traditional zombies. Think spirits that only some people can see, but are still capable of destroying nearly everyone, and the only way to fight them is a kind of astral-projection sort of push-your-soul-from-your-body thing. They're still zombies in the mindless, shuffling, eat-your-flesh kind of way, but that's about it. They retain at least a little of their memories, because they're more drawn to trying to eat/turn the ones they used to know/love. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's exceptionally written, but the idea sucked me in and kept me hooked. There are four books - three with 'Alice (Ali)', the fourth more of an after-thought, I guess, to show how everyone gets on after.

Well, that was an exceptionally long-winded raving about 'Alice in Zombieland'... sorry. If you hadn't guessed, I really did enjoy the books...

You're a genius, that's for sure. I absolutely adore them, these faeries. I'd probably have skipped over this series if I hadn't read something else you'd written (I think I'd mentioned that), but I'm glad I didn't. This is just incredible and it keeps getting better and better. I really rather wish we'd known more of Madam Fairchild before Maggie killed her, though maybe two Rushs is two too many... XD

Poor, poor Rush.
I'm curious - was Leon with Anna for the duration of this chapter, giving his missing status? And ooh! He'll be close to wrapping up soon, won't he, given that we're about halfway... you know, if you feel like chucking on another couple of thousand chapters (with loads of Rush, of course!), I definitely won't mind. ;)

Exceptional as always.
Gespry-Locksley chapter 10 . 4/29
You never cease to keep me intrigued. Nicely done.
Gespry-Locksley chapter 9 . 4/20
Madam Fairchild as an ally, smells to high heaven to me. I'm eagerly awaiting Leon's downfall.
Alouise Briggslay chapter 8 . 4/13
I kinda want to hug Darrius for his view on faeries, and I'm growing fond of Rowan. I definitely wanna get to know the bounty hunter better. Do we have many more chapters left, given that Rush and Maggie have been reunited, so Leon's master plan can offically get a-rolling?

Amazing, as ever. Rush is still my favourite, but Leon in his madness is definitely a close second. Third. I love the villains. Looking forward to more, as always.