Reviews for A Dragon's Last Note
Be Rose chapter 1 . 4/30/2018
It's a lovely story. Sad but lovely.

No surprise that the fighting scene was really good, but the growing friendship between the dragon and Alicia was also very well done, from the moment Alicia appears and the dragon thinks "good thing I've just eaten" and Alicia's understandable fear to her acceptance of the dragon and their growing mutual understanding.

Thanks for the story
ep1cpr0duct10ns2015 chapter 1 . 2/28/2018
A good short piece. The most connected I've been to a dragon since Orion. I like Dahlia's poetry, and I can tell you that it was a mistake having the sad portion of my study music play while reading this...
W. Monroe chapter 1 . 2/21/2018
"I also tried to teach her to fly - that one didn't go over so well."

Absolutely my favorite line here.

Okay, so I had to open this review up with that, but for the most part I really have nothing to add. You were pretty sly to utilize the dragon's lack of skill to cover up any mistakes you might have made in this, so I won't count it against the story. Of course, it might also be a great way to cover up my inability to find several mistakes I *know* I saw but that I cannot recall where. Primarily they were just missing words rather than typos or just flat out wrong usage, and it didn't really detract from the story but it frustrates me that I didn't have anything open to take notes when I started reading.

But aside from all that, this was actually a very well written tale. I'm a sucker for dragons, sure, yet this really was a good story. Dahlia was a hoot to read, when being sarcastic that is, and the mix of tragedy with a little humor sprinkled here and there really helped to make it that much more enjoyable. The fight scene (I won't ruin it, folks. Read the story!) was actually quite good from what I saw, and I will be honest that I'm a bit jealous of that.

I won't ruin the ending, but I quite honestly thought the story would turn out quite a bit differently than it did, more cold-hearted betrayal on Alicia's part or some such thing. Glad you didn't go with that. This way was much, much better!

Great job, and here's to hoping that your other tales match it!