Reviews for If You Look Inside This Old House
KoscheiTepes chapter 2 . 4/11/2018
I really like Dean and Lacey. They're very well rounded characters already and we've only just met them so I can only imagine how much better they're going to become in the future. It was so much fun to see Marisol through their eyes in this chapter and to see them speculating about her life the way that they were. I get the sense that Dean isn't just interested in her because he wants to solve the mystery around her however. I think someone has a crush which could prove to be very interesting since I bet Marisol is going to have a very hard time giving him excuses about why he can't visit her house. Or will she just come out and tell him the truth? Even if she doesn't Lacey is going to find out for sure sooner or later I bet since she seems to have become obsessed with her. I hope Steven will become a part of Marisol's inner circle as well in the same way that I think Lacey and Dean likely will and that he genuinely does want to be her friend. I'm sure he does but I worry that he could have been sent there by some of the people curious about her just to spy on her so that they could make fun of her. Or maybe I'm just too suspicious for my own good. I certainly hope so anyway. I'm so glad to see that this story is already starting to develop such an interesting supporting cast and I can't wait to see their minds blown when they finally find out the truth about Marisol's secret. This story just keeps getting better and better.
KoscheiTepes chapter 1 . 3/22/2018
I really liked this story. It has a great new twist on the concept of time travel plus it involves ghosts so it's pretty much a win-win for me. I love the idea of a house where it's perpetually 1959 and nothing from the present day can be brought inside. It truly must make things very hard on Marisol though. I can't even imagine how disconnected from the rest of humanity that she must feel and that feeling is only going to get worse if she spends her entire childhood there. I'm not sure why her mother doesn't just move away and find her another place to live but I'm sure we'll discover her reasons soon enough. It's funny how in a way Marisol and her mother are almost like ghosts themselves since nothing ever changes inside the house and it's always the same year. Marisol is definitely going to wind up resenting that kind of life if she doesn't get to move away from there before she grows up. Or can she grow up? That makes me wonder if the house will keep Marisol and her mother stuck in time as well. Maybe it always has and that's why she can't leave it. Maybe that's why her mother doesn't want her to go to school. In fact they may be ghosts themselves although this doesn't seem likely since Carolina works. As usual with your stories I'm filled with anticipation about what will happen next and I can't wait to see exactly how the house works and why Marisol and Carolina continue to live there. You have another hit on your hands and I have yet another great story to follow. Like I said before, it's a win-win for me.